NOW is the time to strike for Bailey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey

In Response to Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey : Happy New Year, AL . Bailey's a solid closer, Sweeney will probably take over for Kalish in Pawtucket. The fact Bailey was acquired in a trade,as opposed to a FA, ie Madson, leaves more money to sign a starter. Good trade IMO
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Does Ryan Sweeney, the nearly 27-year-old with four years of MLB service, have any options left?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey : Does Ryan Sweeney, the nearly 27-year-old with four years of MLB service, have any options left? Posted by hill55[/QUOTE] Exactly, Hill. I'm pretty sure Sweeney will be in the RF mix for his defense alone. Although many seem to think that Ryan Kalish, he of less than a year of MLB experience will just step right into right after missing an entire season of development. I like Kalish alot and would love to see him tear it up this spring and win the RF job, but my gut tells me he needs at LEAST a half season in Pawtucket...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Jasko I dont see the Sox putting another left handed bat in the lineup. Best guess is they use Sweeney in a trade. Charrington said he plans on going with Kalish in RF. I agree between his injury/surgery and loss of playing/developement time, it remains to be seen. With that said, at some point, you have to give the kids in your system a shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

From Peter Abraham regarding Bailey's inury concerns:

There are health issues. Bailey had Tommy John elbow surgery in 2005 while at Wagner College. He also an elbow procedure in September of 2010 and opened the 2011 season on the disabled list with a forearm strain. He did not return until May 29.

“We had a chance to look into Bailey’s medical history and get to know a lot more about what he’s gone through,” Cherington said. “We’re very confident that he will come into camp ready to go.”

Nothing there terribly scares me. For the price paid, and cost going forward, sign me up!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey": [QUOTE] Jasko I dont see the Sox putting another left handed bat in the lineup. Best guess is they use Sweeney in a trade. Charrington said he plans on going with Kalish in RF. I agree between his injury/surgery and loss of playing/developement time, it remains to be seen. With that said, at some point, you have to give the kids in your system a shot. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] J-Bay, you said you don't see the Sox putting another lefty in the lineup, yet you say "Cherington said he plans on going with Kalish," a lefty, in right. That doesn't make much sense. By the way, you must have been mistaken because Ben would never, ever say something like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey": J-Bay, you said you don't see the Sox putting another lefty in the lineup, yet you say "Cherington said he plans on going with Kalish," a lefty, in right. That doesn't make much sense. By the way, you must have been mistaken because Ben would never, ever say something like that.
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

Not mistaken, Jasko. When Charrington was on NESN Hot Stove, Tom Caron asked BC about RF, he said he was planning on going with Kalish/Reddick. Reddick was the right hander, being traded, I meant he wouldnt replace a righty with another lefty in the lineup to platoon with Kalish. BTW why would "Ben, never ever say anything like that"?? not only would he, he did. GM's never talk against their own players. What should he have said, No way we're going with kalish and or reddick in RF??  whether he meant it or not is another discussion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey : Not mistaken Jasko Charrington was on NESN hot stove. Tom Caron asked BC about RF, he said he was going with Kalish/Reddick platton. Reddick was the right hander, I meant he wouldnt replace a righty with another lefty in the lineup to platton with Kalish. BTW why would Ben, never ever say anything like that?? not only would he, he did Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] First of all, you never mentioned Reddick in a platoon. 2nd, both Reddick and Kalish are LEFT-handed, so platoon makes zero sense. Third, Kalish missed a full season. He needs to play full time somewhere, likely Pawtucket. Ben may have said "Reddick and Kalish are "options" in right, but you clearly wrote that he said, "Ben is going to play right," which, again, he would NEVER say at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey": First of all, you never mentioned Reddick in a platoon. 2nd, both Reddick and Kalish are LEFT-handed, so platoon makes zero sense. Third, Kalish missed a full season. He needs to play full time somewhere, likely Pawtucket. Ben may have said "Reddick and Kalish are "options" in right, but you clearly wrote that he said, "Ben is going to play right," which, again, he would NEVER say at this point.
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what he said Jasko-----exactly. He said platoon, but with Reddick gone that's mute...no?? He didn't say option, he was asked directly about RF he said he was comfortable and planning on going with Reddick/Kalish. don't shoot the messanger jasko, just telling you what he said, wether you agree or not. You're right, Reddick is left. If Sweeney is not traded, I expect Sweeney and Kalish will fight for the RF spot during ST.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey : Exactly what he said jasko-----exactly. He said platoon but with Reddick gone thats mute...no?? He didn't say option, he was asked directly about RF he said he was comfortable and planning on going with Reddick/Kalish. don't shoot the messanger jasko, just telling you what he said, wether you agree or not Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Not shooting the messenger, all I said was you heard wrong. Maybe, like Clemens, you misremembered. One if the reasons I said he would never say "Kalish is our rightfielder" was because it would have been insult to Reddick. You didn't mention Reddick in first post at all. Again, he would never say what you initially implied...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I see where you are coming from now. easy to misinterpret here. bottom line the front office will field the team. opening day, I will support whoever is playing RF, as every other position. long day at work...heading home. have a nice night jasko.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey": [QUOTE]I see where you are coming from now. easy to misinterpret here. bottom line the front office will field the team. opening day, I will support whoever is playing RF, as every other position. long day at work...heading home. have a nice night jasko. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] I hear ya...have a good night as well...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey : Our prospects are decent enough but our management lead by BC sucks for sure. They can not do anything and some of on this forum seem to think thats the way to go. I hate to say that I am getting frustrated with BC each passing day but I will him a slack this year.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

Seems Ihtak is getting increasingly wrong with each passing day.

Congrats to Dragon on the good call.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey : That's exactly what he said Jasko-----exactly. He said platoon, but with Reddick gone that's mute...no?? He didn't say option, he was asked directly about RF he said he was comfortable and planning on going with Reddick/Kalish. don't shoot the messanger jasko, just telling you what he said, wether you agree or not. You're right, Reddick is left. If Sweeney is not traded, I expect Sweeney and Kalish will fight for the RF spot during ST.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He probably meant either/or.  It would make no sense to have both on the team.