Now let's put some distance between us and the MFY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Now let's put some distance between us and the MFY!

Lester, Doubront and Buchholz against a lineup that has been winning with smoke and mirrors all year long. Bring it on!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Re: Now let's put some distance between us and the MFY!

If JBJ cranks one to RF I'm gonna go ballistic!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I hope Buch isn't rusty after his off time.  Unless, the whole thing was 'planned' so he could face the Yankees.

I was impressed with Morales today. Two BB in five innings in his 1st start. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Lester, Doubront and Buchholz against a lineup that has been winning with smoke and mirrors all year long. Bring it on!

That would be nice.  It will be hard to run away from the pack though as Balimore and the Rays have been winning of late.  It'll be nice seeing the Yanks kicked down a knotch or two.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I hope Buch isn't rusty after his off time.  Unless, the whole thing was 'planned' so he could face the Yankees.

Wink  Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

That would be nice.  It will be hard to run away from the pack though as Balimore and the Rays have been winning of late.  It'll be nice seeing the Yanks kicked down a knotch or two.  

Yup, if the Sox can hang a couple of losses on the Yankees this weekend, they could be in third by Monday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

shhhhhh! guys, try and keep it down will ya? Joe is still in bed with an icepack on his forhead. his club just got totally spanked big time by the mutts! er, excuse me, the amazing mets. Tongue Out

yo jetes! sin loi bro! had to get that little dig in..........Cool

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Likely split series, which will settle nothing as far as the long season goes. But it will be entertaining, with the Yankees not even remotely resembling the type of team they are likely to end up with.

Considering your tenuous grasp of mathematics, I'm not surprised that you think a three game series can be "split".

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

U have a point; to wit; Gee had 6.34 ERA, highest WHIP in NL; vs NYY - 7.1 IP 12 K 0 BB, no 3 ball counts, 63 out of 88 pitches were strikes, last 5 down on strikes, no baserunners after Cano HR in 3rd, who feasts on mistakes; the last time someone threw as few as 88 pitches with 12 Ks? Pedro

That was a 4A lineup, at best, for the NYY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Look up "split". There is a sweep and a split. I'm not suprised you trolled by with captious drivel.

You're wrong...again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Look up "split". There is a sweep and a split. I'm not suprised you trolled by with captious drivel.

I believe a split for a 3 gamer is 2-1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I do not believe a 3 game set can be split.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

sure it can

it just can't be  split evenly

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

A split decision is two of the three judges rank one fighter as the winner, while the third judge scores for the other fighter.

There is a sweep or a split.

For those who have a gambling vice, you know that "your splits" doesn't mean the money is divided equally.

Think of "a split" as a division from a slice.

Better, just turn CNN back on and see which political figure is promising you something for nothing.

All excellent examples of "splits" that don't have to do with a baseball series.  However, with a 3 game series, I have never in my life heard a 3 game series to have been split.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

softlaw...insanity....a split in baseball = teams winning the same number of games.  if a team wins 2outof3 it is not a split.  that team has "won the series".  you can spin it however you want but in very plain english...you are wrong.

if the sox win 18 of the 19 vs the yankees this year did the yankees split the season series?????!!!!!!!!

incompetence  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

sure it can

As Space and Slasher have pointed out, have you even heard of a baseball series won 2-1 by any team, referred to as a "split"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You got to love the pitching match ups did you are the Red Sox. The Sox have the better pitcher in two of three games and get to face Hughes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In the title of this thread, I saw "MFY".  Does that stand for "Motherf**king Yankees" or "Man, it's finally Friday Yo"?  LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Likely split series, which will settle nothing as far as the long season goes. But it will be entertaining, with the Yankees not even remotely resembling the type of team they are likely to end up with.

Considering your tenuous grasp of mathematics, I'm not surprised that you think a three game series can be "split".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In the title of this thread, I saw "MFY".  Does that stand for "Motherf**king Yankees" or "Man, it's finally Friday Yo"?  LOL

first part of your question icecream old friend. and as far as spliting a 3 game series? you can sweep a 3 game series. you can win 2 out of 3 and you can lose 2 out of three. but you can not split a 3 game series unless one team wins one game and the other team wins one game and the third game is canceled due to rain. make sense?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

In response to thegrandsalami's comment:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I'll be satisfied if the SOX can take two of three on the judges scorecards for the split.Hehehe!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

sure it can

As Space and Slasher have pointed out, have you even heard of a baseball series won 2-1 by any team, referred to as a "split"?

yeah

oh you mean other than law

I have also heard people say

'even split '

Y would they feel the need 2 say 'even'

now that that's settled

do you think 1 can give 110 %

I say no

Sections
Shortcuts