Now pitching in relief for the Yankees: The Most Interesting Man in The World!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Now pitching in relief for the Yankees: The Most Interesting Man in The World!

I've always felt that any issues he had were from the neck up.  I'd still like to have his versatility in a Red Sox uniform, sans the "issues".  

Maybe the Y's can make - and keep - him happy.  If so he'll be an asset to their staff.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Now pitching in relief for the Yankees: The Most Interesting Man in The World!

In response to MadMc44's comment:

He was abused by Valentine! and he wasn't going to take it anymore.

He was a talent for the Sox when he came on board after the Yankees let him go.

There was an option for him: does he  start, close, middle relief. The coaching staff didn't know how to handle him.

He was definitely a misunderstood guy--the one thing he has is a great arm. He threw 5 + inn. yesterday he could come back and do 3 today and 4 tomorrow. He is a guy that can save a pen.

Mac, Aceves had his issues with Valentine, but the organization and Farrell are the one's who felt enough was enough, and sent him to down to AAA, never to be seen again. After the 2012 season, the front offices' focus was to bring in quality, character players and have a better clubhouse atmosphere and chemisty. Bringing Farrell back was part of that. Aceves was not. The 2013 results speak for themselves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I've always felt that any issues he had were from the neck up.  I'd still like to have his versatility in a Red Sox uniform, sans the "issues".  

Maybe the Y's can make - and keep - him happy.  If so he'll be an asset to their staff.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

as long as Girardi doesn't make any sudden movements and keeps a fridge full of Dos Equis, i think we'll be alright :-) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

How did he get ovaa the BOARDER  ?????

You racist piece of trash.

Bill's post was COMPLETELY OFFENSIVE.

how was Bill not banned for this blatant racism????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Actually the coaching staff did know how to handle him.  They handled him in the best interest of the team.

how'd that work out 4U

Parade.  that's how it worked out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Actually the coaching staff did know how to handle him.  They handled him in the best interest of the team.

how'd that work out 4U

Parade.  that's how it worked out.

LOL slash

I figured some one would go there

thing is bobby V was mentioned

but nice try  pretending last place never happened

back 2 the point

the future will tell us more

but it's looking like the sox did not get as much out of the guy as possible

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

apologies.  i thought we were talking about how things worked out for the sox once aceves was given his walking papers.  i didnt realize you were referring to bobby v's tenure/hiring?

Sections
Shortcuts