Now that Aviles is an Indian.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Now that Aviles is an Indian.........

Should he consider running for the U.S. Senate in MA?

Sorry, wrong forum.

Should the Sox try to get Cabrera?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Now that Aviles is an Indian.........

I believe Indians acquired him to platoon at 3B or as backup SS.  They won't be selling low on Cabrera.  Plus, we have Iggy at SS.  Indians won't take high on Iggy since they already have Aviles. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I believe Indians acquired him to platoon at 3B or as backup SS.  They won't be selling low on Cabrera.  Plus, we have Iggy at SS.  Indians won't take high on Iggy since they already have Aviles. 

No doubt. But I think they will move him for the right offer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It sucks for Aviles.  Being traded from one bad team to another.  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pedroia is like sooooo jealous right now....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Sorry, wrong forum.

It never hurts to ask.  CL has someone coming up, and they have a weakish minor league system. They might be marginally motivated.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Sorry, wrong forum.

It never hurts to ask.  CL has someone coming up, and they have a weakish minor league system. They might be marginally motivated.

Someone wrote an article on how Cleveland and Boston would be a good matchup in trade with Boston possibly having interest in Choo, Cabrera and Masterson.  The Front Offices obviously know each other well. We'll see...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Sorry, wrong forum.

Someone wrote an article on how Cleveland and Boston would be a good matchup in trade with Boston possibly having interest in Choo, Cabrera and Masterson.  The Front Offices obviously know each other well. We'll see...

i loved masterson when he was with the sox, he was very young and looked like he had potential. fast forward a couple years, he is an inconsistent starter but that potential is still there. will farrell have an impact on him? possibly, is that a risk i would be willing to take? for the right price yes. i also really like choo and i think cabrera is one of the top fielding SS in the game and can handle the bat well enough

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Could be a buy-low opportunity on Masterson, but do we need another #3?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

true. he is about the same as doubront, at their best they could be a #2. i would say right NOW masterson is a better pitcher than doubront. but if doubront improves like he should he will be better

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

I think the Sox rotation could be okay with an "innings eater" who could slot at number 3.  Lackey could surprise as a 4 pitching healthy for the first time in Boston and between Petersen (hopefully) and Farrell, Lester and Buchholz could be top of the rotation guys again.  Farrell said he could see what was wrong with Lester early on last season and Buchholz pitched like an ace for a good portion of last year.  I don't think the rotaton is in as bad a shape as a lot of people, but then again people always prefer "new and shiny" to in house solutions.  It wasn't too long ago that the Sox wouldn't have traded Lester straight up for anyone, and he's only 28. 

I love Doubront's stuff, but it's not uncommon for a young pitcher to regress for a year after such a huge innings jump from the year before.  He's my biggest concern in the rotation.  Morales is solid depth if he isn't moved and they will obviously bring in some other guys for additional depth. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

true. he is about the same as doubront, at their best they could be a #2. i would say right NOW masterson is a better pitcher than doubront. but if doubront improves like he should he will be better

When Doubie hets his innings up in 2013, he will be better than Masterson. Masterson still has issues with LHH. Doubie is the better pitcher IMO...We dont need Masterson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

When Doubie hets his innings up in 2013, he will be better than Masterson. Masterson still has issues with LHH. Doubie is the better pitcher IMO...We dont need Masterson.

i agree, but if we made a deal for choo or cabrera and we had to send doubront over he would be a decent replacement

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Sorry, wrong forum.

Yes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tropical-Nation. Show Tropical-Nation's posts

couldnt we just have sent him direct to Clevland for Tito and be done with it?

Sections
Shortcuts