NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]gretski was at game 6 last night. please repeat after me: BOBBY ORR was the greatest hockey player of all-time. thank you. the BRUINS are my 2nd favorite, next to the RED SOX. they have been since 1968.
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

Yazzer!  Good call!!!   I was 5 in 1968 :)  I can still remember watching the Bruins w / my dad on our little black & white!   Great memories! 

It goes without saying that Bobby Orr was "the greatest hockey player ever!"
    Glad you said it though:)

Sox....  #1 by far!!!
    Bruins, Pats, & C's   a BIG #2
    *****  I must admit, that it does depend on the "makeup" of the 3 teams year
                to year......  Not nec. their record, but the guys on the team, chem., 
                etc.....    Not fair weather, it's more about grit & playing the Boston
                / NE way!   :)  Plus, hockey as a kid, especially pond hockey!!!  Makes
                 a huge dif!  Probably my favorite sport to play!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

Red Sox
    Celts
    Bruins

Niners in football ... since John Brody was the QB ...early '70s ... but I still follow the Pats and root for them, especially against the Jets or Miami.   Wish I still had my Pat's paraphernalia from their AFL days ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

IGen Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]Definitely!!!!   I feel like I'm 9 years old again!  :) The Bruins are gonna do it!  Tim Thomas is a living legend!!!!    :) The new Gerry:) Cheevers  :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

this BOSTON- vancouver series could end up like the 1960 yanks-pirates WS.
    the pirates won in 7, but were outscored by the yanks almost 3 to 1 for the 7 games.

hate to see that happen to the BRUINS, but it's definitely a possibility.

thru 6 games, there is no question the BRUINS have been the better team and TIM THOMAS has been sensational.
    the BRUINS have only scored 2 goals in vancouver; they're due!

GO BRUINS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

From 1955 to  1960 I  ranked the teams this way:

Red Sox
    Bruins
    Celtics

There was no Boston Football team at that time. The NY Giants were shown locally. In 1960 the Boston Patriots were created and they waent to the bottom of the list.

Red Sox
    Bruins
    Celtics
    Patriots

After several years in the league and an unfortunate Super Bowl appearance in 1985, the Patriots were on my radar, but the Celts had Bird, Parish, McHale, Johnson, and Ainge, and were winning champiomships, so my list remained

Red Sox
    Bruins
    Celtics
    Patriots

After 2001 when the Pats were on top and the Celts were having hard times the list changed to

Red Sox
    Bruins
    Patriots
    Celtics

Where it remains today. The Bruins were always near the top of my list. Hockey is an incredibly exciting sport to watch and the Bruins have frequently been fun to watch. Therefore, the Bruins have always been my second favorite team, and winning the Cup (again) is a cherry on the top.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

"winning the cup again is a cherry on the top."--mjnmjn
    would that be DON CHERRY?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

"winning the cup again is a cherry on the top."--mjnmjn
    would that be DON CHERRY?

Very clever Yazzer. Good job!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]Weiner shoud not do what Obama has told him to do.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

You're right. Weiner's NY constituents ( the voting public ) don't want him to resign. At the end of the day ( and the start of too... ), Weiner represents the people first, then congress.

Go Bruins!!!Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]this BOSTON- vancouver series could end up like the 1960 yanks-pirates WS. the pirates won in 7, but were outscored by the yanks almost 3 to 1 for the 7 games. hate to see that happen to the BRUINS, but it's definitely a possibility. thru 6 games, there is no question the BRUINS have been the better team and TIM THOMAS has been sensational. the BRUINS have only scored 2 goals in vancouver; they're due! GO BRUINS!
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  The Bruins have been the better team, but still could lose in Vancouver.  They just can't seem to win in Vancouver.  Hopefully, they will win tomorrow. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

In the 80's
    1. Red Sox
    2. Celtics
    3. Pats
    4. Bruins

Now
    1. Red Sox
    2. Pats
    3. Bruins
    4. Celtics (i just hate today's NBA - just MY opinion)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

susan,

the BRUINS will win tomorrow. they will "BEARY" the canucks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : I definitely agree with you.  The Bruins have been the better team, but still could lose in Vancouver.  They just can't seem to win in Vancouver.  Hopefully, they will win tomorrow. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]susan, luongo=lebron! thus if bruins come with max intensity, they will WIN!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : You're right. Weiner's NY constituents ( the voting public ) don't want him to resign. At the end of the day ( and the start of too... ), Weiner represents the people first , then congress. Go Bruins!!!
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]HMMM, so does anyone ever resign? most of nixon'x core wanted him, so did the wide stance republican giuy, governor mcfeeley from NJ, the other 2 or 3 republicans with sex scandals. everyone thinks their guy, the one they actually know, should always stay and never resign.. it always that other guy thru dont know as well who should go. the public hates all politicians EXCEPT their own!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

NO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE EON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

CANT believe what i'm watching. i'm calling it. tim thomas = old ortiz/pedro!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

a terrific Finals...Congrats to the B's....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

THIS IS LIFE!!!!!!

BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)   :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

no, the B's are still #1 and not #2 for me......especially since they stopped dumping the puck into the corners and chasing it down like dawgs, instead putting the shots on net and winning the Stanley! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Tim Thomas WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

First Stanley Cup since I was in college up at UNH.  Good job, Bruins (great job, Thomas)!!!  Love it when the underdog wins, especially when the underdog is a Boston team.  But they still won't be my second favorite Boston team, sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I was a Whalers fan until they moved away but I was pulling for the Bruins on this one.  They completed the quadruple crown for Boston sports.    Pure dominance as a sports city.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Excellent par hunter!  '72 brings back great recollections at UNH, too!  But ice was #1 @ UNH then, and now for Boston.  Umile needs a frozen four for UNH next.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

hell no. they ARE my fave Boston team. and as some know i like the Red Sox too. as a matter of fact see you folks at Fenway this saturday