NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

In Response to Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]I was a Whalers fan until they moved away but I was pulling for the Bruins on this one.  They completed the quadruple crown for Boston sports.    Pure dominance as a sports city.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    unfortunately the New England Patriots don't play in Boston. so the dominance is really the state of Massachusetts .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

It is kind of easy to rank the Boston teams as to who my favorite, by how I felt when they recently won the Championship.  The Sox are far and away #1.  The Pats are 2nd and the Bruins 3rd, then the Celtics.  In the 70's and 80's I liked the Celtics 2nd and Pats last, but I was/am a sports fan so I liked them all.  When I moved to Seattle, I lost touch with hockey and became soured on the Celtics.  I had season tickets to the Sonics, and gradually became more of a Sonics fan than Celtics.  When the Sonics left town, I just lost a lot of interest in the NBA.  My current list of favorite teams:

Red Sox, Patriots, Sounders, Mariners, Bruins, Celtics. 

I admit to being a fair weather fan of the Bruins, especially since moving to Seattle.  I was realizing earlier in the playoffs that I knew the names of more of the players on the '72 team than the current team.  I listened to a couple of games on the radio this year (XM), and many times wasn't sure who had the puck by the names being said.  But after this run, I know more of the players now.  I even wore my Bruins T-Shirt to work today!  I picked it up the last time I was back east, in '09.

My list of least favorite teams:

Yankees, Oklahoma City Thunder, Colts, Lakers, Canadiens, Galaxy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

If you want to talk New England, how about the UConn Huskies?  Far and away the best college sports program in New England.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]If you want to talk New England, how about the UConn Huskies?  Far and away the best college sports program in New England.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]thread specifically says BOSTON not NEW ENGLAND sports team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I'm Sox, Celtics, Pats/NYGiants, Bruins.

No fault of the B's.  I moved to FL from NH in '71 as a HS soph ... and in those days there was no ice within 40 miles of the little burg I moved to.  I used to love playing hard defense.  Almost nothing more fun than a good board check!!!

For some reason, back then, Florida papers didn't even carry sports coverage of NHL.  Easily, no tv coverage.

The NY Giants thing comes from my allegiance to the NFL.  Dad was a Giants fan because there was no AFL in his day.  Funny, almost all my friends in NH were G-men fans.  Somehow we overlooked the Pats.  Again, it was NFL, not AFL.

I did like Grogan, though. That Stanford QB, too.   Sam Adams,also.

But Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito, Johnny Bucyk, Jerry Cheevers ... they stay in mind well.  

Congrats B's!   Love what ya did to "Canadian cool" .... poor Van. - angry, upset little folks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Fiszh "I admit to being a fair weather fan of the Bruins, especially since moving to Seattle.  I was realizing earlier in the playoffs that I knew the names of more of the players on the '72 team than the current team. "

Had to laugh when I read that.  That's the same with me ... except I moved to FL (with subsequent moves to SC, VA, OH, IN, & NY over 39 years)

I do know more of the B's names NOW ... but that is only cuz I finally paid  more attention as the playoffs went deeper. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I must confess my first love is the RS and second is the C's. Then the Pats who until they changed uniforms were a bit of a carnival joke.

Last was the B's. In fact I adopted the Kings when I moved to LA in the early 80's because I preferred their open, high scoring Euro game to the dump and chase Bruins of the 80's. Needless to say when Gretzky came to LA in '88 it was heavenly for a few years.

When the neutral zone trap took over the NHL in the mid-to-late 90's I lost interest in the NHL, in part because the Kings became much like the B's under Sinden at that point, a team that was waiting for all the other owners to go broke.

When the new rules came with the end of the lock-out I started watching again though I don't buy out of market broadcasts like I do for basketball and baseball. This year I got sucked into watching the Cup on Versus and started to learn about these B's as fast as I could because I saw them as an over achieving bunch with unbelievable goal tender. I also thought i was going to root for Vancouver in the West because they were playing the Sharks who dispatched the Kings. Did not take long for me to not like the combination of rink rats and divers that are Vancouver. Or to admire the B's the way they handled Montreal, dispatched a depleted Flyers (still hate them from the 70's) and the epic battle with Tampa.

But for those of you who lived every game with those guys and all the seasons including last years playoff horror congrats. Great win, good team, excellent coach and goalie who played a game that I have never seen in the finals in my life.

Cheers guys!