Now we see why Drew is in the lineup.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Now we see why Drew is in the lineup.

Bogaerts is not as good at shortstop and Middlebrooks is struggling at everything

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Now we see why Drew is in the lineup.

exactly, notin. Drew will be the lineup, the rest of the series

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Bogaerts is not as good at shortstop and Middlebrooks is struggling at everything

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

igzactly notin

drew at short, xb at 3b, elementary

and ross in @ catch

for the duration

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I see why Drew is in the lineup, but they still should consider pinchhitting for him, especially against a lefty, when offense becomes the priority.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Yup.  Drew and Salty (among others) have both been terrible at the plate, but Drew provides valuable defense, while Salty IMO does not.

Drew needs to be in the lineup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from roggdd23. Show roggdd23's posts

Drew back in at short and Bogaerts back to third, Ross behind the plate and Nava in left.  I'd even consider flipping Bogaerts and Victorino in the batting order.  The kid seems to be handling the pressure really well and this batting order has to be shaken up somehow.  Salty needs to sit tonight and Middlebrooks needs to sit for the rest of the series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

That is what I have been saying!!  Pitching and defense wins games!!  Farrell should let Drew bat every time cuz the pinch hitting for the whole series were terrible.  Does not make any difference anymore cuz the Cardinals's bullpen are one of the best I have ever seen.

Now Farrell have to let this team to play tight game like they did it against Tampa and Detriot.  By the time Cardinals used up top two or three bullpen pitchers, Boston will start to have a little easier time to face the remaining bullpen pitchers.  Two games in a row, Boston could possible have gone extra innings and more likely to face weaker pitchers.

Drew would have an easier time to field that play where Bogaerts couldnt do it.  Bogaerts may have gotten the ball on the line cuz he was more loose at 3b while Middlebrook isnt.  Salty shouldnt be catching any more cuz Cardinals will run on him when they are on the base.

Tonite line up should be Ellsbury, Victoino, Pedy, Papi, Nava, Bogaerts, Ross, Drewand pitcher

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

TRUE .......  The only question to be asked, how good would the left side be with Bogaerts @ 3rd &  IGGY @ SS  ??????????????????

Boggie is worse at third than he is a short.  The more balls that come his way at third, the more the board will see why he sox want him at short.  Middy seldom makes an error in the field.  On a bad throw from salty, all he can do is get dirty and dive.  I hope the Middy haters also realize that Middy has been collecting splinters and it takes even the best a while to losen up.  I doubt anyone would have caught that bad throw by salty last night.

Middy has kicked and bobbled his share of balls at 3b and had a good amount of errors in the games he played this year (10 I think ). He has a .954 Flg% this year and worse last year. Ive seen every game, so I know hes messed a few up. Hes not a "bad" fielder, but hes not going to ever win a GG there either. IMHO, Middy is just an average fielder. He should have got that ball that went right under his glove and yes, he could have got that ball that Salty threw. It went off his glove then Craigs arm. I could go either way on that one though, although I lean more towards WMB should have had that one. And thats not hating on him because I like the kid and have supported him. Still do. I dont care if hes been on the bench. You have to be ready when called upon, especially as a young player who hasnt solidified a spot in this lineup yet.

Drew would have got that one that Bogey made a bad throw on. Hes done it many times this year. Those are routine for him. Those are the tough plays that have to be made in the WS.

Thats 3 plays that made a difference in the game. All after Drew came out.

The question you have to ask is at what point do you give up obviously better D at SS? Middy is better defensively at 3b than Bogaerts, but as we saw last night its not by a wide margin. Middy also gives you nothing offensively. He was batting .174 before being replaced. Sure he can get a hold of one, but so can Drew. Neither one is hitting, so you go with the better defender.

Unless its the 8th or 9th, I dont move Drew. I dont care if he doesnt hit much at this point. Im not even sure I do that. You give up defense and gain no offense when you sit Drew. If you HAVE to have some offense late in the game, then replace Drew. Just hold your breath every time it goes to the left side.

Its amazing how so many here were complaining about Drews "horrible" defense and range at the start of the year. Now we see what happens when hes not in there.

Im not hating on any player, just saying it as I see it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Tonite line up should be Ellsbury, Victoino, Pedy, Papi, Nava, Bogaerts, Ross, Drewand pitcher

I think so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

I think so.

OrI wouldnt be surpise to see Farrell move Papi at 3 spot and Pedy at 4 spot .

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to pottedplant's comment:

Nonsense, at meaningless nonsense! Middlebrooks has the 2nd biggest extra base hit in the post season. His fielding has been solid at 3rd. The rocket he just missed, last night, he almost got to and no way Bogaerts gets to it!!!!!!!!! No way!!!!!!!!!!! 

Drew continues to embarrass himself, to the point where even his puppeteers have zero confidence in him at the plate.

A late innings single play and a pinch hit bat and we have an true idiot claiming that "we know what Drew is in the lineup".

Drew needs to be on the bench to start the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the scoreboard calls for a defensive sub in late innings, but this overrated defenisve excuse in for Bogaerts so that "he needs to be in for his defense" can continue to ignore how pathetic he has been going back through 2012 playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad you're wrong..

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'd be more tempted to DL Middlebrooks and bring MacD in.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

In response to pottedplant's comment:

Nonsense, at meaningless nonsense! Middlebrooks has the 2nd biggest extra base hit in the post season. His fielding has been solid at 3rd. The rocket he just missed, last night, he almost got to and no way Bogaerts gets to it!!!!!!!!! No way!!!!!!!!!!! 

Drew continues to embarrass himself, to the point where even his puppeteers have zero confidence in him at the plate.

A late innings single play and a pinch hit bat and we have an true idiot claiming that "we know what Drew is in the lineup".

Drew needs to be on the bench to start the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the scoreboard calls for a defensive sub in late innings, but this overrated defenisve excuse in for Bogaerts so that "he needs to be in for his defense" can continue to ignore how pathetic he has been going back through 2012 playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad you're wrong..

no he's not but Boggie will be in for the duration. 

Bogaerts should be in for the duration. 

At 3B....

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts