Now with DREW on board, Ben is ready for the "BLOCKBUSTER" !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Now with DREW on board, Ben is ready for the

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

What?

With Drew at DK?

LMAO!

D K ?????  Moon, your humor ???   D H is not out of the relm !!

It's out of my realm to have Drew DH for anyone but a last place team.

see: 2012 with ciriaco at DH instead of an injured pedroia

Yes, it can happen, but like I said, it is out of the realm of any team not finishing in last place.

What place did we finish last year as we used Ciriaco at DH for count 'em... 37 PAs!?!?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

California Dreaming...Monday morning quarterback I know but wouldn't it have been nice if we had kept Marco Scutaro !!!

Why? Would we have won last year with him? Should we have outbid SF for him as our 2Bman of the future?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

What?

With Drew at DK?

LMAO!

D K ?????  Moon, your humor ???   D H is not out of the relm !!

It's out of my realm to have Drew DH for anyone but a last place team.

see: 2012 with ciriaco at DH instead of an injured pedroia

Yes, it can happen, but like I said, it is out of the realm of any team not finishing in last place.

What place did we finish last year as we used Ciriaco at DH for count 'em... 37 PAs!?!?

thats what i was getting at.

another bone headed move by BV. why play your rehabbing star 2Bman at DH when you can allow him to further injure himself playing the field and slot a 115 pound UIF at DH. like you said, the only places things like that happen are on a last place team. see: 2012 red sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In any " blockbuster" , look for the Sox to come out second best. Unless it is three-way deal. Then  we will come out third best. The rival G.M.s do not have a goal of helping the Sox. Ben has not shown himself to be a shrewd enough bargainer or judge of talent to get the better of a trade. A pure salary dump does not constitute getting the better of the deal. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

^^^ Pure salary dump? Maybe yes, maybe no.  Let's see what RDLR and Webster do for us first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

California Dreaming...Monday morning quarterback I know but wouldn't it have been nice if we had kept Marco Scutaro !!!

Why? Would we have won last year with him? Should we have outbid SF for him as our 2Bman of the future?

Scutaro played shortstop for the Sox....maybe some 2nd when Pedroia got hurt I don't remember and, "no", we wouldn't have won with him last year. SF did because their pitching was excellent! But I sure would like to have kept him instead of Aviles & Punto and now we are considering trading Iglesias as we have Drew. With Scutaro we could concentrate on other needs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Scutaro played shortstop for the Sox....maybe some 2nd when Pedroia got hurt I don't remember and, "no", we wouldn't have won with him last year. SF did because their pitching was excellent! But I sure would like to have kept him instead of Aviles & Punto and now we are considering trading Iglesias as we have Drew. With Scutaro we could concentrate on other needs.

you don't understand. scoot CANT play SS anymore, he doesn't have the arm for it due to issues with his shoulder (rotator cuff i think?). that is why he played EXCLUSIVELY 2B for both the rockies and giants.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Next question Mef will answer:

Why didn't the Sox signed Pedro Martinez instead of Dempster? I mean, jfc, look at his numbers when he was here!

And I don't understand why people think signing Drew to a 1-year contract means they are definitely trading Iggy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to 111SoxFan111's comment:

Next question Mef will answer:

Why didn't the Sox signed Pedro Martinez instead of Dempster? I mean, jfc, look at his numbers when he was here!

And I don't understand why people think signing Drew to a 1-year contract means they are definitely trading Iggy.

i'm sure pedro could still bring it LOL. but his intentions are not getting back on the field. its getting into the FO.

i also would not worry about iggy being traded.. like you said its a 1 year deal to allow iggy more time to develop his bat. and im certain any/all offers for him have been listened to and if any made sense a deal would have been made. doubt that changes now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Guru-Meditation-. Show -Guru-Meditation-'s posts

Sections
Shortcuts