Nows the time to go after E. Andrus !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Nows the time to go after E. Andrus !

How long have us the Red Sox fans been waiting for an impact SS. Lets see the Nomar days.

I am hopeful that Iggy will be the unresolve issues at SS. I am a person with patience but this SS soap opera drama is dragging on in the Red Sox nation too long.

Looking at the Rangers  no more Hamilton and Young. Where as the Red Sox now have 2 potential lead off hitters Vict. and Ells.

If BC can show that he can be aggresive, by making a block buster deal to resolve the SS situation. Time to pick up the phone Cherry and talk to the Rangers and start off with Ellsbury (even though i don't like to see Ells leave but it involves getting an impact SS then yes I am in favor) Doubront ( a pitcher with experience) and our prospect Iggy. I think these players will get the Rangers attention.

If Ells Doubront and Iggy will get us E. Andrus. Then the Sox can work on getting both these Ped/Andrus signed long term. It will be big contracts but well worth it. The mid infield problem will be solved for quite some time. Letting Ellsbury go means a low depth OF. Gomes Victorino and Kalish the OF problem can be solve later.

I know this is a bold post but but well worth mentioning

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Nows the time to go after E. Andrus !

I also like Andrus, but I am not sure that I want to give up a young left handed starting pitcher like Doubront in the deal as well as Ellsbury.

Ellsbury will do better in Texas than in Boston in 2013 (of course, if he stays healthy) because their park is better suited for him.  Also, with Hamilton gone, the Rangers will have some (maybe even enough) to get him signed to an extension with him still in his prime.

I could give up Iglesias and Ellsbury to do the deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

the rangers weren't gonna offer andrus to arizona for a shot at upton so the chances they'd trade for a 1 year rental like ells and boras and 100 million contract tagging along is nil.Douby and iglesias added ain't much of a bargain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

The Rangers have made it very clear that they are not willing to move him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They will want a lot more than that. Not worth what they would want.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How long have us the Red Sox fans been waiting for an impact SS. Lets see the Nomar days.

I am hopeful that Iggy will be the unresolve issues at SS. I am a person with patience but this SS soap opera drama is dragging on in the Red Sox nation too long.

Looking at the Rangers  no more Hamilton and Young. Where as the Red Sox now have 2 potential lead off hitters Vict. and Ells.

If BC can show that he can be aggresive, by making a block buster deal to resolve the SS situation. Time to pick up the phone Cherry and talk to the Rangers and start off with Ellsbury (even though i don't like to see Ells leave but it involves getting an impact SS then yes I am in favor) Doubront ( a pitcher with experience) and our prospect Iggy. I think these players will get the Rangers attention.

If Ells Doubront and Iggy will get us E. Andrus. Then the Sox can work on getting both these Ped/Andrus signed long term. It will be big contracts but well worth it. The mid infield problem will be solved for quite some time. Letting Ellsbury go means a low depth OF. Gomes Victorino and Kalish the OF problem can be solve later.

[/QUOTE]

Sure solved their center field problem for one year? All for only E.Andrus.... Go for it TEXAS....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the rangers trade andrus it is because they have profar ready. why would that want Iglesias?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Elvis Andrus has 0 Gold Gloves, a career .275 avg and a paltry .353 slg pct. despite playing half his games in hitter friendly Texas.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Why would the Rangers want to trade their starting SS for a player that will likely walk after the 2013 season??

I know they got Profar coming up, but I would bet they could find better alternatives than Ellsbury if they wanted to trade Andrus.

Plus, isn't Michael Bourn still available and at the cost of no players??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Of course the Red Sox are the only team that would want him if he was available, right?

You know, it's so silly. A few years ago when we all knew Varitek was getting old, people were screaming to "get Salty!"

Well, they did. But now many are saying "trade Salty!"

We always want what somebody else has.

Then , if we are lucky enough to actually get it, we don't appreciate it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Rangers have made it very clear that they are not willing to move him.

[/QUOTE]

In sports today, no such thing as not moving/trading players. All managers are willing to listen for an option. Even if is a pipe dream for the fans. I guarantee that 75% of the fans will want the Red Sox SS soap opera to stop. Just as a me, a fan perspective would like to see high caliber SS in a Red Sox uniform and do not care what we give up to do it. Pedroia and Andrus would be one of the best mid infield in the entire league. We also have Bogaerts coming up in the prospect move.

This is the year to get a solid team together for years to come, even it means having one rebuild season. Taking a look at the other Boston pro sports Celtics finally won a championship after a long drought, the Bruins finally did it and the Patriots is still one of the best in the AFL. All these teams with prospects, picks, trades and proper FA signings. The Red Sox won 2 WS and I am content with that, and willing to wait for the Sox to rebuild a competive team. By getting Andrus will definetly get the Sox on the right track.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course the Red Sox are the only team that would want him if he was available, right?

You know, it's so silly. A few years ago when we all knew Varitek was getting old, people were screaming to "get Salty!"

Well, they did. But now many are saying "trade Salty!"

We always want what somebody else has.

Then , if we are lucky enough to actually get it, we don't appreciate it.

[/QUOTE]

Postd like this make me wish BDC had a "Like" button. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Texas is not exactly holding all the cards at this moment.  Hamilton Napoli and Michael Young are gone.  The pool of free agent hitters is much thinner now.  Swisher and Bourn remain.  Trade opportunities are drying up as well.  Arizona is said to be less excited about trading Upton with their shortstop in place.  On the pitching side, they missed on Greinke, lost Dempster and Shields was traded elsewhere.  Dickey is rumored to be close to being traded to Toronto.  Lohse and Jackson remain.  They lost Mike Adams and Koji Uehara from their bullpen while adding a recovering Joakim Soria.   I expect they will get busy quickly with the remaining free agents.  It is hard to see that they holding all the cards.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Iglesias has something like 89 PAs in the bigs. It's not like he's failed for a couple of years.

and IMO, he will be better than Andrus eventually.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1-I'm not sure acquiring a SS with a .275 average and 3.5 HRs/season is quite the impact SS you might be expecting.

2-So we open a hole in CF for one year, and at SP for 5 years, to upgrade SS for 2 years?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1-I'm not sure acquiring a SS with a .275 average and 3.5 HRs/season is quite the impact SS you might be expecting.

2-So we open a hole in CF for one year, and at SP for 5 years, to upgrade SS for 2 years?

[/QUOTE]

Yup...Doesnt make sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup...Doesnt make sense.

[/QUOTE]

But I did mention on my thread it is bold statement and hopefully Iggy can be the SS answer. The SS's available is very slim except Drew.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Iglesias has something like 89 PAs in the bigs. It's not like he's failed for a couple of years.

and IMO, he will be better than Andrus eventually.

[/QUOTE]How is it you can wait on Iglesias to develope but have no patience for anything else?

FYI. Andrus will always be better at the plate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup...Doesnt make sense.

[/QUOTE]

But I did mention on my thread it is bold statement and hopefully Iggy can be the SS answer. The SS's available is very slim except Drew.

[/QUOTE]

I think after paying Iggy 8M over the last 4 years he should be given every opportunity before a decision is made one way or the other. If hes not hitting by the ASB, then I look to add somebody.

Iggy will save 40 runs a year and has hit at every level, even though it was very advanced for his age. he hit the ball very hard last year but had a ton of bad luck with most of those hard hit balls going right at someone. I think he can do it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup...Doesnt make sense.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the direction I would go, depending on price.  I think Drew can get you about the same overall production as Andrus for one year, better offense, slightly weaker defense.  I'm fine with Iglesias, if we spent all our allowance.  But if we had another $5M, I'd give Drew the standard Fenway one-year make-good contract like we gave Beltre and Ross.

Drew gets in the best shape of his life, has a great year, gets his $50M/5 from someone else, and Iggy gets another year of experience at AAA.  I'm only seeing upside on that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Roll with Iglesias and do not look back.

for reasons no one understands, Texas GM Jon Daniels seems to think Andrus is some sort of MVP caliber player.   There were rumors of moving Andrus to LF to accomodaet Profar at one point.  Why?  No one knows.  (They have since been altered to moving Kinsler to LF and Profar to 2B.)

If there is any truth that they wanted to move Andrus to LF as opposed to dealing him for a LF whgo was under more control and 2 seasons removed from MVP consideration AND younger than Andrus, then there is no point even trying to reason with Daniels on the subject...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Andrus is the type of player the RedSox should be going all out for. A 24 year old smooth fielding SS who has a obp just shy of .350 is exactly the type of athletic/well rounded player we need to build around. 

I would gladly send Els, Doubie & Iggy if that would get it done.