NY Yankee Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

NY Yankee Fans

I have the utmost respectfor the Yankees nd most of their players. The news I saw about Hughes on the DL has made me think that all the injuries we were saddled with the past few years are minor to what hs happened in NY his spring.

My condolences and wishes for a speedy recovery.

This  not sarcasm in any way  I am truly amazed at what has happened.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: NY Yankee Fans

thanks jim 4 the kind thoughts

hughes appears to be fine

it's just that he's behind from missing time earlier w/ a sore back

I guess the only good thing with all these injuries

is that many of them came early in ST with some free time to recover

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

CONAN         I'M NOT BLAMING INJURIES FOR ANYTHING.

UNION          BY MY COUNT ON OPENNING AY THEY MAY HAVE 10 ON THE DL 4 ALL STARS

AND A SP THE OTHER 5 WERE PROBABLE FOR GOING NORH

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I have the utmost respectfor the Yankees nd most of their players. The news I saw about Hughes on the DL has made me think that all the injuries we were saddled with the past few years are minor to what hs happened in NY his spring.

My condolences and wishes for a speedy recovery.

This  not sarcasm in any way  I am truly amazed at what has happened.

We had 34 on the DL last year which was the most by any team since 1987. Key players oit for significant time ; Pedroia, Papi, Buchholz, Middlebrooks, Ellsbury, and many others. Let's see if Yanks have the same amount of player days on the DL.

Well, they're off to an impressive start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

We had 34 on the DL last year which was the most by any team since 1987. Key players oit for significant time ; Pedroia, Papi, Buchholz, Middlebrooks, Ellsbury, and many others. Let's see if Yanks have the same amount of player days on the DL.

[/QUOTE]

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Damn the White Sox are a healthy team.  I wonder what type of Flinstone vitamins they take.  j/k  LOL

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Zac, you post this bar chart every time that we discuss 2012 injuries. The chart is a three year average for 2010-12 and is not relevant to looking at 2012 as a single year. 

The chart is a three year average

well pike

I thought you were suggesting that injuries was why the sox didn't make the PO

has it not been 3 yrs since they made the PO

truth is both your figures and mine mean squat

many of the days on DL on your list

most sox fans didn't even want playing

DiceK , lackey etc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Zac, you post this bar chart every time that we discuss 2012 injuries. The chart is a three year average for 2010-12 and is not relevant to looking at 2012 as a single year. 

well pike

DiceK , lackey etc

SO true pins

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I recall that our injuries were at least as devastating in 2006 (it felt like almost the entire team was hurt by September) and 2010 (Ellsbury out all year, Beckett was never right, no catcher for a month when V-Mart and Tek were both hurt, Pedey and Youk having career years before they were lost for the season, etc) as last year...those were, on the whole, very good teams that probably would have made the postseason had it not been for injuries, and still won close to 90 games as it was. It's not always just the quantity of injuries and days spent on the DL, it's the quality of who got hurt, and the timing.

The 2012 team, on the other hand, was obviously hampered by injuries, but that was just one of too many problems to count; when your best starter's (Buchholz) ERA was 4.56, I don't know that you can claim injuries as the reason the team flopped. With fewer injuries last season we might not have lost 90+ games, but I still don't think it would have been a good team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

well pike

DiceK , lackey etc

I'm sure Yankee fans can't wait to get A-Rod back this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I was responding to the OP where Jim concluded that the Yankees have more injuries this year than Boston had last year. This comparison should be quantified with facts AFTER the season is over. Perhaps the Yanks will break the 25 yr. record that the Sox broke last year. Time will tell.

I DID NOT CONLUDE ANYTHING YOU DID. I STATED THAT BASED UPON THE START THAT IT COULD MEAN AT WHAT HAPPENED IN BOSTON THE PAST FEW YEARS WILL BE MINOR IN COMPARISION. THIS IS NOT A CONLUSION IT IS A POSSIBILITY BASED UPON THE START OF THE SEASON FOR THE YANKEES.

PLEASE LEARN HOW TO READ AND INTERPET PROPERLY

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BTW I was talking about the past 3 yrs 2010, 2011 and 2012 NOT 2008 or 2009 as one suggested.

some just read and don't see what they read

I should have know this would be come a we were worse off than the Yankees for many RS fans

everything in RS land for some is always worse or better than anywhere else for many RS fans it actually is a pathology for RS fans so much so it has become part of the culture

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

BTW I was talking about the past 3 yrs 2010, 2011 and 2012 NOT 2008 or 2009 as one suggested.

some just read and don't see what they read

I should have know this would be come a we were worse off than the Yankees for many RS fans

everything in RS land for some is always worse or better than anywhere else for many RS fans it actually is a pathology for RS fans so much so it has become part of the culture

I don't think anyone in the entire thread mentioned 2008 or 2009.

I don't know who you were referring to, but my comment was directed mainly at UnionFalls, if that wasn't clear (it may not have been).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

A) I said both our numbers mean squat

B) why wouldn't I rather have arod than lyle overbay

if his salary is going against the tax might as well play him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

A) I said both our numbers mean squat

B) why wouldn't I rather have arod than lyle overbay

if his salary is going against the tax might as well play him

I wouldn't be surprised if Overbay is better.

He's got two good hips.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

It is what it is.

Injuries are part of the game, if you don't have back-ups in the farm you scour the waiver wire and retreads to get you through the night.

I prefer what cashman is doing rather than trading young players for a temporary fix.

Don't expect any sympathy nor do I want any.

Can't wait for the season to begin whoever they throw out there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I don't know why some people get their panties in wad when injuries are brought up. If a team has a bunch of key players on the DL and the team struggles, it certainly is a valid reason for the struggles.

It's not a matter of how many players are on the DL as much as who is on the DL. And yes, one team will have as many key players on the DL as another and still do well. Good for them. Some teams are better able to overcome the injuries than others. It doesn't negate the fact that the other teams still had key injuries that affected their season.

The Sox the last couple of years had some key injuries that were devestating. If the Yankees had just as many key player miss the same amount of time and still did well, then good for them. It simply was Boston's misfortune that it wasn't able to overcome the injuries.

As a Boston fan, I'm not looking for sympathy nor making excuses. 

As to the Jim's original post -- I agree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Oh no.

there goes that excuse.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly trying to defend the Sox or the notion that we were "hurt more" by injuries.  Every team has to deal with them, and some obviously more than others.  But there is a HUGE difference when your #4 hitter goes down and your platoon catcher goes down.  I'd like to see some numbers that compares that data set to the combined WAR (during last healthy season) of those DL'ed players. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts