NY Yankee Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: NY Yankee Fans

Don't worry NY there are plenty of things to get excited about when your team stinks.  Following top prospects, and the draft for example is something to get excited about when your team is stinking up the MLB fields.

Just remember, I speak from experience. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I don't know why some people get their panties in wad when injuries are brought up. If a team has a bunch of key players on the DL and the team struggles, it certainly is a valid reason for the struggles.

It's not a matter of how many players are on the DL as much as who is on the DL. And yes, one team will have as many key players on the DL as another and still do well. Good for them. Some teams are better able to overcome the injuries than others. It doesn't negate the fact that the other teams still had key injuries that affected their season.

The Sox the last couple of years had some key injuries that were devestating. If the Yankees had just as many key player miss the same amount of time and still did well, then good for them. It simply was Boston's misfortune that it wasn't able to overcome the injuries.

As a Boston fan, I'm not looking for sympathy nor making excuses. 

As to the Jim's original post -- I agree.

You mean like Rivera, Pettite, Sabathia, Gardner, Teixeira, ARod, Chamberlain, Robertson, Jeter, Pineda, etc? It's called having a bench; (something the NYY don't have this yr).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Blaming injuries on a season is sooo lame.

Theres a fine line between reasons and excuses. When most of your best hitters are on the DL you cant expect a bunch of replacement players or AAA guys to perform like them.

Im not saying that was the whole reason we didnt do well, but to say it had nothing to do with it is ridiculous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Don't worry NY there are plenty of things to get excited about when your team stinks.  Following top prospects, and the draft for example is something to get excited about when your team is stinking up the MLB fields.

Just remember, I speak from experience. 

Good outlook.

Better to be baseball season than not despite personal allegiances.

Watching the kids develope is a lot of fun.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Yankees are aging.

Aging, with bones brittle like plaster of paris.

Aging, with ligaments supple as dried rubber bands.

Aging, with tendon sheaths integral as a flattened radiator hose.

Aging, with ankle joints creaky as antique casters.

Aging, with discs bulging like waterlogged slices of NY Bread Inc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The Yankees are aging.

Not unlike your ageless wonder  at DH mutley :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The Yankees are aging.

Not unlike your ageless wonder  at DH mutley :-)

Aging, with achilles tendons frayed like the rope that holds up Jethro's pants.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I don't know why some people get their panties in wad when injuries are brought up. If a team has a bunch of key players on the DL and the team struggles, it certainly is a valid reason for the struggles.

It's not a matter of how many players are on the DL as much as who is on the DL. And yes, one team will have as many key players on the DL as another and still do well. Good for them. Some teams are better able to overcome the injuries than others. It doesn't negate the fact that the other teams still had key injuries that affected their season.

The Sox the last couple of years had some key injuries that were devestating. If the Yankees had just as many key player miss the same amount of time and still did well, then good for them. It simply was Boston's misfortune that it wasn't able to overcome the injuries.

You mean like Rivera, Pettite, Sabathia, Gardner, Teixeira, ARod, Chamberlain, Robertson, Jeter, Pineda, etc? It's called having a bench; (something the NYY don't have this yr).

It sounds like you didn't read my entire post.

Go back and read what I put in bold. If the Yankees had just as many key injuries and overcame them -- great. I gave them credit for that. The Red Sox weren't able to do that last year. Sometimes a team can overcome injuries, sometimes it can't. When a team has key injuries along with key players underperforming, it's a double-whammy.

The fact remains that injuries killed the Sox last year -- and in recent years -- and they couldn't find the depth or have other players to step up enough.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

Hey Roy, it's an argument clinic here. Many come here merely to argue - no facts are necessary. Leave reason, logic, and patience at the door.

it's funny, as soon as people start to notice and comment on your good behavior you go into soapbox mode. You sure showed them!

just get your rants over with so you'll get banned -again- and then create a new moniker and fly under the radar for a few weeks.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Strictly off topic...

Cashman having annoyances other than player injuries...read a yahoo article about a lawsuit from a stalker's mom being suddenly dropped....didn't bother with copying link..didn't read the entire article.  Sounded like a run of the mill distraction scandal.  Lawyers dispactched to clean it up like a broken jar of sauce on aisle 4.   No more newsworthy than some of Henry's personal mess.  Just not easy being rich and famous anymore, eh?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

No PEDs = More DL trips its simple math.  Who was the guys who wanted all this drug testing? Now look what you have done to the baseball business.  Ever wonder why management turned a blind eye to PEDs.  From a business stand point PEDs were good for baeball.  More quality on the field and more production for your investment.  It makes good business sense.  Oh and by the way the yankees could have their whole team on the DL and AAA and I would still be happy.  Never shed a tear for tne evil empire.  Go Red Sox!!!!!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

Um...guys? What, exactly, is the point of this thread? That the Sox or Yankees were or are "better" than the other because of the number or severity of injuries?

Let's forget all that and boil it down to an objective and scientific truth we all know: injuries or not and regardless of the standings, it is the Yankees that suck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Brickbat's comment:

Um...guys? What, exactly, is the point of this thread? That the Sox or Yankees were or are "better" than the other because of the number or severity of injuries?

Let's forget all that and boil it down to an objective and scientific truth we all know: injuries or not and regardless of the standings, it is the Yankees that suck.

Agreed. Science tells us that the Yankees suck on multiple levels, and in multiple audio tones. Studies show that NYY suck at least 13.72% more than contending teams, while other research demonstrates a suck level approaching 42.61% above the mean suck level of the average MLB team, with an uncertainty principle in the + or - .35% range. But, no matter now you divide it up, the numbers are there. The Yankees suck.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

It sounds like you didn't read my entire post.

Go back and read what I put in bold. If the Yankees had just as many key injuries and overcame them -- great. I gave them credit for that. The Red Sox weren't able to do that last year. Sometimes a team can overcome injuries, sometimes it can't. When a team has key injuries along with key players underperforming, it's a double-whammy.

The fact remains that injuries killed the Sox last year -- and in recent years -- and they couldn't find the depth or have other players to step up enough.

You're right, I didn't, My bad, and now I agree with you. But let's not overlook the other factors; the manager, the carryover from 2011 and the related protagonsists, etc. You don't have a 48 year low in wins without a good number of reasons.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Yankees are like the Spurs or Lakers of basketball.  An aging but talented team.  The Yankees will either be like the Spurs (keep on winning) or like the Lakers (struggling with more injuries and drama).

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

Buchholz was asked after the season about what was the cause. He replied " Everything that could possibly go wrong did go wrong".

This was quoted in this forum several times and there was no response.  Why????

Because the forum prefers specific targets to discuss.

The forum wants scapegoats.

It is no fun to use a shotgun when using a rifle is more sporting and will take all Winter. Blame Valentine for two weeks, then blame it all on Ben Cherrington for three weeks, go on from that to blame it all on starting pitching for three weeks, and then of couse blame it all on the residual effect of chicken wings, beer, Beckett, and Lackey, for a month.

Don't dare cast a large net and blame it on injuries or underperformance. How long would a thread doing that last? Was there ever a thread started that did that?

A crock, Pike.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The Yankees are like the Spurs or Lakers of basketball.  An aging but talented team.  The Yankees will either be like the Spurs (keep on winning) or like the Lakers (struggling with more injuries and drama).

You're being too kind; they're awful.

25. This post has been removed.