NY Yankee Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: NY Yankee Fans

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

I don't know why some people get their panties in wad when injuries are brought up. If a team has a bunch of key players on the DL and the team struggles, it certainly is a valid reason for the struggles.

It's not a matter of how many players are on the DL as much as who is on the DL. And yes, one team will have as many key players on the DL as another and still do well. Good for them. Some teams are better able to overcome the injuries than others. It doesn't negate the fact that the other teams still had key injuries that affected their season.

The Sox the last couple of years had some key injuries that were devestating. If the Yankees had just as many key player miss the same amount of time and still did well, then good for them. It simply was Boston's misfortune that it wasn't able to overcome the injuries.

As a Boston fan, I'm not looking for sympathy nor making excuses. 

As to the Jim's original post -- I agree.

You mean like Rivera, Pettite, Sabathia, Gardner, Teixeira, ARod, Chamberlain, Robertson, Jeter, Pineda, etc? It's called having a bench; (something the NYY don't have this yr).

It sounds like you didn't read my entire post.

Go back and read what I put in bold. If the Yankees had just as many key injuries and overcame them -- great. I gave them credit for that. The Red Sox weren't able to do that last year. Sometimes a team can overcome injuries, sometimes it can't. When a team has key injuries along with key players underperforming, it's a double-whammy.

The fact remains that injuries killed the Sox last year -- and in recent years -- and they couldn't find the depth or have other players to step up enough.

You're right, I didn't, My bad, and now I agree with you. But let's not overlook the other factors; the manager, the carryover from 2011 and the related protagonsists, etc. You don't have a 48 year low in wins without a good number of reasons.

That's certainly true. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The Yankees are aging.

Aging, with bones brittle like plaster of paris.

Aging, with ligaments supple as dried rubber bands.

Aging, with tendon sheaths integral as a flattened radiator hose.

Aging, with ankle joints creaky as antique casters.

Aging, with discs bulging like waterlogged slices of NY Bread Inc.

Not unlike your ageless wonder  at DH mutley :-)

Aging, with achilles tendons frayed like the rope that holds up Jethro's pants.

When you're right, you're right. But what does that say about the RS when they can't finish ahead of them?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The Yankees are like the Spurs or Lakers of basketball.  An aging but talented team.  The Yankees will either be like the Spurs (keep on winning) or like the Lakers (struggling with more injuries and drama).

You're being too kind; they're awful.

Hello nhsteven   :)

Your Yankees will find a way to win.  

Besides, the AL East is up for grabs.  Any of the five teams can win the division.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The Yankees are like the Spurs or Lakers of basketball.  An aging but talented team.  The Yankees will either be like the Spurs (keep on winning) or like the Lakers (struggling with more injuries and drama).

Besides, the AL East is up for grabs.  Any of the five teams can win the division.  

Perhaps, they are resilient in general; but this time I doubt it. It appears to be the worst NYY team in 22 yrs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Perhaps, they are resilient in general; but this time I doubt it. It appears to be the worst NYY team in 22 yrs.

One can only hope!;))

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

One can only hope!;))

The Vegas odds on them winning the WS dropped like a rock, from 7/1 to 20/1. Still above average, however, FWIW; not very much IMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

One can only hope!;))

The Vegas odds on them winning the WS dropped like a rock, from 7/1 to 20/1. Still above average, however, FWIW; not very much IMO.

Can't expect to win every year...even the NYY. I'm more than ready for baseball, win lose or draw and warmer weather.  Looking forward to Monday, still sox/yanks, anyway you cut it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

One can only hope!;))

Can't expect to win every year...even the NYY. I'm more than ready for baseball, win lose or draw and warmer weather.  Looking forward to Monday, still sox/yanks, anyway you cut it.

Yes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Condolences and speedy recoveries? Why don't you send Hughes an Edible Arrangement. Me? I wish the plague on the Yankees. Other than death and or mutalation I cheer when someone wearing pinstripes gets hurt. When Jeter fell last year in the postseason I immediately sent out invitations for a party at my house.

I wish absolutely nothing good for that organization or their fans. They deserve a year like this.

Oh and before you say I am bitter and angry and so on, I will say it myself. I have to go now and stick a pin in my Sabathia voodoo doll.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Wolfpack13's comment:

Condolences and speedy recoveries? Why don't you send Hughes an Edible Arrangement. Me? I wish the plague on the Yankees. Other than death and or mutalation I cheer when someone wearing pinstripes gets hurt. When Jeter fell last year in the postseason I immediately sent out invitations for a party at my house.

I wish absolutely nothing good for that organization or their fans. They deserve a year like this.

Oh and before you say I am bitter and angry and so on, I will say it myself. I have to go now and stick a pin in my Sabathia voodoo doll.

LOL Now thats more like it. Time to put some gasoline on this rivalry fire. Love it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

"appears to be the worst NYY team in 22 years"

I can't argue with that.

It appears pretty hopeless with no replacements in the system.

You do have good pitching at the moment. At least they appear healthy.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

"appears to be the worst NYY team in 22 years"

I can't argue with that.

It appears pretty hopeless with no replacements in the system.

You do have good pitching at the moment. At least they appear healthy.

Agreed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

It's a strange thing. 

Us Sox fans hate the Yankees. Me too. However, it is also a subconcious love for them too. Maybe not love per se but, as a kid a loooong time ago, I loved that Yankees. How could you not back then? In 1967 that all changed though. At least for me and a lot of others. 

I respect Jeter and Mo. Great guys and players. Texeira? His face alone drives me nuts. 

It won't exactly be fun watching the Yanks season go into the toilet. Especially if we (by chance) easily take a playoff spot. It's special to beat them. It's special to see a real race all saeson long. Yeah, it's a roller coaster but, it makes for good memories. You know, I hated Steinbrenner but, in retrospect, he really was great and I admire him more and more. He loved his team. I mean, I want to see Mo have a good season. It'd be a super story and almost like a movie if he came back and dominated. I wish him well. I hope to see Jeter out there too. Man, I hate watching him at the plate though. The Routine he goes through and then the way he follows pitches into the catchers mitt. The way he claps his hands when he gets a clutch hit. In the end though, he's a leader you'd want on your team. 

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts