NYY/Beltran agree to 3 year deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

NYY/Beltran agree to 3 year deal

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN 1m

BREAKING: Source says Yankees and Carlos Beltran have agreed to a three-year deal. More details to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: NYY/Beltran agree to 3 year deal

Apparently they didnt think they had enough overpaid 37yo OF'ers...Add another to the 40yo club in NY...My Lord.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apparently they didnt think they had enough overpaid 37yo OF'ers...Add another to the 40yo club in NY...My Lord.

[/QUOTE]

better them, than us

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Another drunken spending spree. It's going to be fun watching players drop like flies on that team next season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

better them, than us

[/QUOTE]

They do realize they need another starter and closer, right? This makes 6 OF'er from my count, and a nice rotation at DH.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The Yankees have agreed with Carlos Beltran on a three-year deal, Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports (Twitter link).  The contract is worth $45MM, tweets Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports.  Beltran is represented by Dan Lozano of the MVP Sports Group.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Apparently they have no patience after signing Ellsbury through age 37.  They needed a 37yo outfielder right now!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I wonder at what point the Yankees realize they have 5 outfielders making $15mill or more (plus two other outfielders who should be starting), no real infield, a chaotic bullpen and a very weak rotation...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I hope the Yankees have signed up for obamacare already. Looks like lots of DL stints coming up in the near future!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

What, were the NYY sitting around this offseason saying, "hey, I wonder what we could do to get even older?"

4 OF'ers on the wrong side of 35 and they are thinking about trading their youngest one (Gardner) for BRandon Phillips. Yup, you guessed it, he will be 33 this June and is in the middle of his 10yr  deal that lasts through 2017 when hes 37...

This is getting comical. maybe Cash is doing this because hes planning on leaving. Nobody is this stupid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A lot of scoffing here, but Beltran is a good ballplayer.  Don't kid yourselves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Things are happening very quick and very early this off season. The question now is who will sign Choo ?  And what happens with Tanaka? 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of scoffing here, but Beltran is a good ballplayer.  Don't kid yourselves.

[/QUOTE]

Hes still 37. They lost their 1st round pick and both comp picks. Since resigning Kuroda, they lost thier 3rd comp pick. They dont have their 1st pick until like #58 in the draft. That team will look unbeleiveably old in 2016.

Sorry, its just dumb business. This might have worked when we had type A and B FA and the old tax deal, but not in todays MLB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Agreed. My thought exactly. Smells like desperation. The good news is, we get to see him bi-sect himself on the right field wall multiple times more.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

at some point you have to get younger. Dont you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Indeed, and I also looked at his creaking knees that he had to sit out a good bit of 2012 nursing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Things are happening very quick and very early this off season. The question now is who will sign Choo ?  And what happens with Tanaka? 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thought DGale. I would not mind Choo, for the right price, in RF for us with Bradley and Vic in CF and Nava/Carp/Gomes also on the roster. Vic could play either RF or CF.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

He was a great player in his day, Zac. It's not the last 3 years, it's the next 3.  He's still a good player, but at some point, a three year deal is too much. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Does this mean they intend on starting all five outfielders at all positions like bugs bunny?

Soriano to second?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thought DGale. I would not mind Choo, for the right price, in RF for us with Bradley and Vic in CF and Nava/Carp/Gomes also on the roster. Vic could play either RF or CF.

[/QUOTE]

They will move Vic only if they have to. You dont take a guy that just won a GG out of Fenways RF. Besides, Vic wasnt overly impressive when he did play there this year.

Choo will be vastly overpaid in $$ and years anyway. hes a bad fit here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Strange move.

They are still going to get two starters - they have plenty of cash. 

And probably Balfour to close

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good comeback!

You know, Bobby Doerr had an .872OPS and hit 58HRs in his last 3 years, and the Yankees need a second baseman.  Perfect match or what? 

A nice 5 year contract takes him right to the century mark!!

25. This post has been removed.