NYY/Beltran agree to 3 year deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: NYY/Beltran agree to 3 year deal

In response to notin's comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Good comeback!

You know, Bobby Doerr had an .872OPS and hit 58HRs in his last 3 years, and the Yankees need a second baseman.  Perfect match or what? 

A nice 5 year contract takes him right to the century mark!!

You are on fire! LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Good!  I was affraid we might sign him!

They just negated the speed Ells adds.  LOVE IT!

& let's not forget......  CANO is GONE!  :)  HA!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Good!  I was affraid we might sign him!

They just negated the speed Ells adds.  LOVE IT!

& let's not forget......  CANO is GONE!  :)  HA!

LMAO! It's Cano Day! Almost nothing can bother me now, even Beltran barely matters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

A lot of scoffing here, but Beltran is a good ballplayer.  Don't kid yourselves.

Hes still 37. They lost their 1st round pick and both comp picks. Since resigning Kuroda, they lost thier 3rd comp pick. They dont have their 1st pick until like #58 in the draft. That team will look unbeleiveably old in 2016.

Sorry, its just dumb business. This might have worked when we had type A and B FA and the old tax deal, but not in todays MLB.

Beltran can still hit. If he slows up enough, there is always the DH spot. The Yankees have pretty much abandoned the draft pick, develop your own prospects way. They seem to prefer spending each year to fill their needs. Will that work for them ? I don't know. I will just say that they can never be counted out. Money matters. They may have lost Cano, but they signed three of the top free agents in Ellsbury, Beltran and McCann.The thing is , the Yankees don't play by the same rules as everyone else. They will always try to spend their way to the top. For the most part, they have been successful . 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Look for Beltra to have one more 30/100 season in him.... after that he will fade away. No worries. I like him as  a player a lot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

1) Elles

2) Jeter

3) Beltran

4) Soriano

5) McCann

Who would be scared by that 30's something line-up?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) Elles

2) Jeter

3) Beltran

4) Soriano

5) McCann

[/QUOTE

I'll just say this. There are a lot of smiling Yankee fans tonight. And an awful lot of whistling past the graveyard here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This board was pining the last few wks about the RS signing Beltran; now that he signed with the 'enemy', ridicule, with a few exceptions. Who would have thought it?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wasnt the last time the Yank$ went on a drunken spending spree also the last offseason after the Red Sox won a World Series?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to mfymfy's comment:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

1) Elles

2) Jeter

3) Beltran

4) Soriano

5) McCann

[/QUOTE

I'll just say this. There are a lot of smiling Yankee fans tonight. And an awful lot of whistling past the graveyard here.

Any Yankee fan saying they're happy that Cano, the future face of the Yankees, is in Seattle is lying. That was a HUGE hit for the Yankees, the team where money doesn't matter and $50 million is something they probably take with them to go out for a jog.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

This board was pining the last few wks about the RS signing Beltran; now that he signed with the 'enemy', ridicule, with a few exceptions. Who would have thought it?  

Who was "pining" for Beltran. I think he was thought of as a possibility. And again, the loss of Cano and Granderson more than makes up for Ellsbury and Beltran. IMO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Wasnt the last time the Yank$ went on a drunken spending spree also the last offseason after the Red Sox won a World Series?

In modern times, we've been way more successful than the Yankees. And their 2009 championship was only because of bad umpire calls where the umpires were fired. But they had to open their new stadium as champions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Who was "pining" for Beltran. I think he was thought of as a possibility. And again, the loss of Cano and Granderson more than makes up for Ellsbury and Beltran. IMO

I think that the Yankees signing of McCann, who is a huge upgrade over what they had last year at catcher, Beltran & Ellsbury, who should put up better numbers with that short porch in right field, is a significant upgrade over losing Cano and Granderson.  That's not even considering the  "intangibles" factor.  They added 3 guys who clearly like the big stage, while getting rid of a guy in Cano, who may never run out a pop fly or ground ball again now that he has his big contract.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

They're trying to boost ticket sales to people over 35.  That's what it is!  

Cashman watched "The Rookie" with Dennis Quaid and the lightbulb went off: "Forget those millenials; they can't afford the tix!  Old folks have spending money and old folks want to see old folks play!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

I think that the Yankees signing of McCann, who is a huge upgrade over what they had last year at catcher, Beltran & Ellsbury, who should put up better numbers with that short porch in right field, is a significant upgrade over losing Cano and Granderson.  That's not even considering the  "intangibles" factor.  They added 3 guys who clearly like the big stage, while getting rid of a guy in Cano, who may never run out a pop fly or ground ball again now that he has his big contract.  

To say again implies he did it. That's news to me

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You're right, the pining term was an exaggeration; but to consider him as a possibility then laugh otherwise was the point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

They're all about the big names. Big names come with big personalities. Big personalities all brought together to play new on a team doesn't always make for happy camping. In other words -- team chemistry -- the thing I believe was a major part in helping us win in 2004 and 2013.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

To say again implies he did it. That's news to me

How many players casually chew gum and blow bubbles while playing MLB? One.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You're right, the pining term was an exaggeration; but to consider him as a possibility then laugh otherwise was the point.

Are you kidding? I'll laugh at everyone that doesn't wind up on the Sox. Laugh and laugh. Don't they want to win?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Are you kidding? I'll laugh at everyone that doesn't wind up on the Sox. Laugh and laugh. Don't they want to win?

The usual deflection

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

There was some love here for Beltran, but not for 3 years

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

A lot of scoffing here, but Beltran is a good ballplayer.  Don't kid yourselves.

And the dude is clutch in the playoffs... they have been in severe lack category there.  They turned into a bunch of over paid pansies.  Beltran is solid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I wonder at what point the Yankees realize they have 5 outfielders making $15mill or more (plus two other outfielders who should be starting), no real infield, a chaotic bullpen and a very weak rotation...

But yet they will pose a respectable offense.  For this to work, Soriano or Jeter absolutely has to go to second base... maybe they platoon there.  One of those outfielders might platoon with Tex at first.  Even with that, I'm clueless at what in the living heck is going to happen at third.  Messed up times over there... growing pains for The Boss 2.0.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

423.5 Million to be precise for an ace and a solid number 3 and a stud first baseman

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1875119-yankees-are-headed-for-worse-fate-than-pre-2009-offseasons-spending-spree

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

When Napoli's 2 year contract is up he will be 33. When Beltran's 3 year contract is up he will be 39.

Napoli had a higher WAR, OPS, OB%, was better defensively and takes a ton more pitchers. But Beltran did steal 1 more base.

Sections
Shortcuts