NYY/Beltran agree to 3 year deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Re: NYY/Beltran agree to 3 year deal

The correct comparison is Beltran to Jacky Bradley, any other comparisons are obfuscations at best. I say the kid needs another year of maturing and the Red Sox risk MUCH by insisting he be ready now. You simply don't remove a stud like Ellsbury and then fail to address that gaping hole. That's what a small market club does when they lose a key piece to a big club-nothing. Wanna ruin a kids confidence in a hurry? Tell him he has to become one of the best outfielders in baseball RIGHT FREAKING NOW! It's not fair to him to put him under that kind of pressure IMO. I will say this though: Ben has earned my respect with his stellar 1st yr performance, and he may have a trade or two in mind yet. But clearly we need to add some talent to this club before opening day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Tongue OutLooks like your Yanks are gonna be a handful next season Zacster. I still say they can't stop themselves and will stumble over the luxury tax threshold again in spite of their claims of self restraint! We shall see if the Sox are smart enough to push them.

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As usual (Good Luck) next season Zac.  Pitching (barring injuries) should put your team in great shape.

thanks craze still a lot of work ( finger crossing) 2 do

some say omar infante will be next

but tanaka still remains the key to this winter IMO

any thoughts on chase headley

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/headlch01.shtml

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Teakus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tongue OutLooks like your Yanks are gonna be a handful next season Zacster. I still say they can't stop themselves and will stumble over the luxury tax threshold again in spite of their claims of self restraint! We shall see if the Sox are smart enough to push them.

always good 2 C U Teakus

I don't C them stumbling over the 189

I think they meet it or more likely blow right past it ;-)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Beltran has averaged 520 AB's over the past 3 yrs. It's wishful thinking on your part to expect him to suddenly miss almost half his games going forward. No...it's far more likely he'll have be a maddening new nemesis for us. The Yanks are back and are gonna be a freaking handful guys. Ya betta reco-nize! Beltran was a bargain and we shoulda been all over him.

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3 years for Beltran = 486 games.

I'll bet he plays less than half of those games over the next 3 seasons

[/QUOTE]BINGO, THAT  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Yankees STILL haven't signed a pitcher...

It is unreasonable to expect Beltran's ABs to suddenly fall off a cliff...but he is a MUCH higher risk as months and years go by. 37, 38, 39. That's how old he'll be over the 3 years of the contract. This was his LAST contract. Nobody will be signing a 40 year old when this contract is over to any kind of deal. Point being, think he's had a little extra motivation the past few seasons? Risky, I won't be shocked if he does miss significant time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I do not scoff at the signing of Carlos Beltran in a vacuum.  He has aged well and should have at least one more season of high level production.  It is fair to say that Beltran/Ellsbury/McCann at the very least off-set the loss of Cano.  However, they still have not signed a shiny new pitcher to help ther pathetic staff.  Can/will they get someone to upgrade the rotation?  Dunno.  Common belief is they have inside track on Tanaka if he posts.  But that is a big question mark on many levels.  But, if they manage to get a couple good arms, I don't think the Beltran signing is bad at all.  If they don't drastically upgrade their rotation though ... 

Sections
Shortcuts