NYY DEAD!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Re: NYY DEAD!!!!

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!!:

Posted by crix

LOL... tailor made.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

IT'S A FACT!  THE NYY OUTCLASSED & OUTPLAYED US DOWN THE ALL IMPORTANT STRETCH!

OUR BOYS THREW IN THE TOWEL!!!!  DIDN'T GIVE A D A M N !

AT LEAST THE YANKEES DIDN'T GIVE UP!  LET DOWN THEIR TEAMMATES!

OUR PITCHERS DID THAT!

TITO LET US DOWN BY CEDED  LEADERSHIP TO THE FRAT BOYS!

THIS SHAME WILL LIVE ON FOR A LONG TIME.........................

p.s...   please spare me the Tito protection racket!  I LOVE THE GUY, but he LOST CONTROL & didn't care enough to DEMAND IT BACK!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The playing field is level for 2012, we start all over again with a clean slate. I already can't wait.
    Posted by TheExaminer

You don't think this collapse won't hover like a cloud? Look at the '08 Mets; the Yankees have their own issues, however, paying ARod Ruthian money for 6 more yrs of him being a shadow of himself.  TB may be the force next yr.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : I think Francona would have quit anyway; he had had enough, given the prima donnas on one end and the non-supportive FO on the other; throw in the media, and he's happy to leave.
    Posted by nhsteven

That may very well be, but Tito leaving is not I'm talking about. Im talking about the fact that the Red Sox, for the past four seasons, act like just because they showed up the other team will bow down and forfeit the game. THAT, not Terry Francona is what caused the collapse, and I'll bet you a dollar that mind set is now gone forever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : You don't think this collapse won't hover like a cloud? Look at the '08 Mets; the Yankees have their own issues, however, paying ARod Ruthian money for 6 more yrs of him being a shadow of himself.
    Posted by nhsteven

No, it won't. NYY fans hope it will, but nit won't. This team, unlike those others, was won before, and recently. They know how to do it, just need to get back to their roots. The collapse will actually help do that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : That may very well be, but Tito leaving is not I'm talking about. Im talking about the fact that the Red Sox, for the past four seasons, act like just because they showed up the other team will bow down and forfeit the game. THAT, not Terry Francona is what caused the collapse, and I'll bet you a dollar that mind set is now gone forever.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Maybe, but TB with their measly payroll is the favorite next yr IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : Maybe, but TB with their measly payroll is the favorite next yr IMO.
    Posted by nhsteven

Then we'll both have to team up and kill them so we can then focus on killing each other. Good?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : Then we'll both have to team up and kill them so we can then focus on killing each other. Good?
    Posted by TheExaminer

That's a twist, LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am waiting for SPC's predictions for 2012 before I commit myself.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I am waiting for SPC's predictions for 2012 before I commit myself.
    Posted by jesseyeric

He'll say the Yankees shall be the WORST TEAM EVAH.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

, but will work for our good. It was the kind of kick in the butt this team needs to compete properly in the years to come. Had they not collapsed, they probably would have lost in the first round and we'd have status quo for next year with all the complacency and entitlement in tact. So yeah, I'm good with all this zac. hey I enjoy a glass of lemonnaide as much as the next guy but  in august you weren't saying anything about loosing in the first round like I said Examiner I'm not interested in a pissing match so let it go we both know it more than just playing an extra week
    Posted by pinstripezac

No, what I was complaining about in August was this team's lack of fire and urgency! Losing like they did has a way of making you re-think that approach wouldn't you say? You can keep going around, but you aren't going to win this, so maybe YOU should let it go? Like I said, I've been posting about this team's sense of entitlement here and elsewhere for over three years now. You bet I'm good with what happened. It's like a kid who keeps getting in trouble, and finally gets caught. Might be a good thing to let him sit in jail for a night or two to learn his lesson. Some people don't get the point til they're on their back looking up, and that's exactly what happened to the Red Sox this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : No, what I was complaining about in August was this team's lack of fire and urgency! Losing like they did has a way of making you re-think that approach wouldn't you say? You can keep going around, but you aren't going to win this, so maybe YOU should let it go? Like I said, I've been posting about this team's sense of entitlement here and elsewhere for over three years now. You bet I'm good with what happened. It's like a kid who keeps getting in trouble, and finally gets caught. Might be a good thing to let him sit in jail for a night or two to learn his lesson. Some people don't get the point til they're on their back looking up, and that's exactly what happened to the Red Sox this year.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Agree; but sometimes juveniles repeat the pattern.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

We have not come to praise the yankees  - BUT TO BURY THEM !

RIP until Feb. 2012..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : That's a twist, LOL
    Posted by nhsteven

Yip, kinda like the Mafia teaming up with the government to beat the Nazi's in WWII. Three's a crowd I say, two will do fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : Agree; but sometimes juveniles repeat the pattern.
    Posted by nhsteven

I might worry about that more if they hadn't won before. Guys like PD will help with that. I don't say they'll win the WS next year, only that the sense of "throw your glove on the field and the other team will run" will be gone. No one hates a loser that loses facing the enemy with his gun loaded. Laying face down in the mud with your pants down is another story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : Yip, kinda like the Mafia teaming up with the government to beat the Nazi's in WWII. Three's a crowd I say, two will do fine.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I think a better analogy would be us teaming up with Stalin to beat the Nazis; then he stole the A-bomb, despite draconian security measures.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : I think a better analogy would be us teaming up with Stalin to beat the Nazis; then he stole the A-bomb, despite draconian security measures.
    Posted by nhsteven

Yeah. Agreed. Your analogy better. Watching "Enemy At The Gates" almost makes you root for Hitler. Stalin was a coward as well as a psycho bum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well Empire, we will dance on your grave tonight as you danced on ours last week, but tommorow it'll be back to business as usual. See you next year zac. try to steer clear of pike. LOL... Night all......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : I might worry about that more if they hadn't won before. Guys like PD will help with that. I don't say they'll win the WS next year, only that the sense of "throw your glove on the field and the other team will run" will be gone. No one hates a loser that loses facing the enemy with his gun loaded. Laying face down in the mud with your pants down is another story.
    Posted by TheExaminer

They need an SOB for a MGR; Gammons said on WFAN a couple of days ago there are 50 candidates; and he thought the most intriguing was Jim Fregosi; a throwback who knows pitching; admittedly, I'm aging myself by saying this, but I remember him as a very good player on the Angels, who was traded for Nolan Ryan when he was no longer that good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to NYY DEAD!!!!:
    Well RSN, the nightmare is officially over. Rays dead, NYY dead, see you next year. Detroit and Texas clearly the class of the AL this year. And just like last year, A-Roid does what he does best, strike out to end the season, then act like he doesn't care. TB, NYY? Welcome to the bottom of the pond with the rest of us. You played a whole WEEK longer than us. Grab a cold drink at the fan cave, and watch postseason baseball with all of us.
    Posted by TheExaminer

yesss!!!! the yankees lose. gotta hurt worse after making it into the playoffs. and to detroit. wow. it aint the phillies. now if th ephillies can lose i will sleep good till next year.
         if we get the right manager and right gm, this will be the best end of season short of winning it all. (theo and tito werent cutting it). Yes we have some great hitters, but tito and theo were not on top of their game for a while. theo is great with the draft, not with the free agents and tito lost the clubhouse long ago-the inmates were running the asylum. it was the wild wild west.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! :
    In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : No, what I was complaining about in August was this team's lack of fire and urgency! Losing like they did has a way of making you re-think that approach wouldn't you say? You can keep going around, but you aren't going to win this, so maybe YOU should let it go? Like I said, I've been posting about this team's sense of entitlement here and elsewhere for over three years now. You bet I'm good with what happened. It's like a kid who keeps getting in trouble, and finally gets caught. Might be a good thing to let him sit in jail for a night or two to learn his lesson. Some people don't get the point til they're on their back looking up, and that's exactly what happened to the Red Sox this year. Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE ] Like I said, I've been posting about this team's sense of entitlement here and elsewhere for over three years now. ok my bad,  looks like  I am talking to the wrong guy I'll take back / redirect everything I said to you and send it to SPC and others edit : everything but it's more than  -only a week more of playing
    Posted by pinstripezac

Ok, you lost me zac, not sure what you're talking about there. Anyway, peace, love and baseball. See you in ST.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

To ou NY friends, sorry, but it wasn't in God's plan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

Couldn't happen to a more endearing group of guys!  A-Rod is worth every penny!  I couldn't believe (or perhaps I should) the entitlement he and Tex expressed in their statements after the game.  Check the dictionary and look up the word "humility." 

As devastating as the Sox season became, this outcome definitely will make the offseason more tolerable. 

The Yankees reportedly celebrated like pennant-winners while watching the Sox' demise after losing to Tampa Bay in the season finale.  I hope each Sox player is taking some comfort in another "lost" NY season.

Sections
Shortcuts