NYY DEAD!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: NYY DEAD!!!!

Pitcing, pitching, pitching. It always comes down to pitching. NY, like Boston, just did not have it when it mattered most. NY's offseason will be intesting. A-tod is not what he used to be. Will CC stay? What to do with Posada? Will they keep Swisher? Even Tex is sliding in the wrong direction. How about AJ? Lots of question marks for them. Congrats to the Tigers. Well done Victor Martinez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Pitcing, pitching, pitching. It always comes down to pitching. NY, like Boston, just did not have it when it mattered most. NY's offseason will be intesting. A-tod is not what he used to be. Will CC stay? What to do with Posada? Will they keep Fisher? Even Tex is sliding in the wrong direction. How about AJ? Lots of question marks for them. Congrats to the Tigers. Well done Victor Martinez.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Pitching + timely hitting.  The Yankees pitching was very good last night and they had some excellent opportunities to score, especially the based-loaded situation in the seventh.  They could not get that one big hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Youk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk41Gbjljfo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Okay, all is right with the world now. The Yankees will not win the World Series. A day of celebration and then on to what will be a very important off-season for the Red Sox.

Unless there are some very significant changes we will be in trouble next year too. I see the Yankees getting worse, we could too, the Rays being right in there and the O's and particularly the Jays getting much better. The AL East will be a real race next year, with the scary fact that we could easily come in 4th, unless there is a total turnaround. I have no high expectations for next year and will remain sceptical all year until if and when we get into the playoffs and past round one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : Pitching + timely hitting.  The Yankees pitching was very good last night and they had some excellent opportunities to score, especially the based-loaded situation in the seventh.  They could not get that one big hit.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Ah yes the timely hit with one out and the bases juiced. It did not happen. You could tell that stadium was waiting to erup. Still, I just am not sure the Yankees pitching would have survived the second round. Cc looked average. Nova got tightness on forearm. Aj is a crap shoot. They will need to improve their pitching staff just like the Sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

One thing is for sure, both the Sox and Yanks spent a fortune to basically go nowhere.  

But considering the healthy Sox took 13 of 18 from these great Yankees, I am not so worried about the Sox next year.  

The fun begins soon ... if you can't win the WS, then you can enjoy the Hot Stove season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY DEAD!!!! : No, it won't. NYY fans hope it will, but nit won't. This team, unlike those others, was won before, and recently. They know how to do it, just need to get back to their roots. The collapse will actually help do that.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I agree that the collapse should help the Sox make some very necessary moves to get back into the post season next year. On the other hand, the early post season exit will surely prompt the Yankees to make some moves too. Next season should very very interesting. Both teams need to keep an eye on Tampa.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NYY DEAD!!!! : yesss!!!! the yankees lose. gotta hurt worse after making it into the playoffs. and to detroit. wow. it aint the phillies. now if th ephillies can lose i will sleep good till next year.     Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

I am sure the Yankees and their fans are hurting big time today after losing to Detroit. It probably hurts almost as much as when we lost to Baltimore to end the season. Next season can't start soon enough!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, all is right with the world now. The Yankees will not win the World Series. A day of celebration and then on to what will be a very important off-season for the Red Sox. Unless there are some very significant changes we will be in trouble next year too. I see the Yankees getting worse, we could too, the Rays being right in there and the O's and particularly the Jays getting much better. The AL East will be a real race next year, with the scary fact that we could easily come in 4th, unless there is a total turnaround. I have no high expectations for next year and will remain sceptical all year until if and when we get into the playoffs and past round one.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

The Yankees could get worse unless they make some changes. Unfortunately, the Sox could also get worse unless some changes are made. The real "post season" now begins for the Sox and the Yankees. I agree that Tampa will be right there next year, but so will we.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Yanks lost and the board should once again belong to the Sox fans...not much for NY to gloat over now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul Reno. Show Paul Reno's posts

TKO in the first round! Now the Yanks must slink instead of swagger, as is appropriate. Remember, "He who exalts himself shall be humbled and he who humbles himself shall be exalted"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]Youk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk41Gbjljfo
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Jessey, maybe it was all the Sunday night games, and tough travel schedule.

Sections
Shortcuts