NYY Death Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: NYY Death Watch

The Yanks would be in the playoffs, even with all those injuries, if CC had pitched well.  He is getting older, and feeling the effects of being a big dude.    He was not "CC" this year.   If he had pitched like an ace, the Yankees would be looking down at the Rays right now.  

Personally, I would rather the Sox face the Yankees than the Rays, it is a farce playing baseball in that jungle gym ballpark down there.   3 hours of local yahoos banging on cowbells, like the TV audience won't mind.  And they wonder why their fan base doesn't grow.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Nope, first there is no Salary Cap in baseball.

It was about how they have many needs to fill with only $30 million.  If they had a farm system at all many of those roles could be fill inexpensively from within.  They do not have a farm system because if they did, those guys would be here performing and they are not.   They need a catcher and have no one waiting in the wings.  They need a 3B and have no one.  They need a catcher and have no one.  They need 2 starters and have no one.  They need a left handed specialst and have no one.  They need a power hitter and have no one.  They need a SS and have no one.  Again, the barren farm are your words and I concur.

Gary Sanchez 

"Gary Sanchez"

Maybe, maybe not.

Remember Montero?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

It was about how they have many needs to fill with only $30 million.  If they had a farm system at all many of those roles could be fill inexpensively from within.  They do not have a farm system because if they did, those guys would be here performing and they are not.   They need a catcher and have no one waiting in the wings.  They need a 3B and have no one.  They need a catcher and have no one.  They need 2 starters and have no one.  They need a left handed specialst and have no one.  They need a power hitter and have no one.  They need a SS and have no one.  Again, the barren farm are your words and I concur.

Gary Sanchez 

"Gary Sanchez"

Maybe, maybe not.

Remember Montero?

I'am fully 100% aware that prospects can boom or bust.  The point was that they do not have no one in the catching position waiting in the wings.  They have one of the top catching prospects in all of the game.  Yes Montero went bust, a lot of prospects go bust, just like many of ours.  That doesn't mean that there is a higher chance of occurance that Sanchez is going to go bust.

It is so easy to assume that all of the Yankees prospects are garbage just because they have a weak system.  Trust me I know prospects, and yes the Yankees do have a weak system but they don't have no one.  Gary Sanchez is one of the shinning bright spots in their system. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Errr ... Semantics. And you look pretty ridiculous claiming they need a lefty reliever when they have Boone Logan. As far as the other roster issues go, some I agree with, some I don't.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that a yankee fans does not know that Boone Logan is a Free Agent after the 2013 season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Errr ... Semantics. And you look pretty ridiculous claiming they need a lefty reliever when they have Boone Logan. As far as the other roster issues go, some I agree with, some I don't.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that a yankee fans does not know that Boone Logan is a Free Agent after the 2013 season. 

where's that grammar teacher

only crickets on the Re: Yanks/Sox VI    thread

He also chose to give the biggest contract in baseball to a known cheater who, oh well, will most likely be suspended for cheating yet again.  Most of the blame falls on your GM.

1) Bcash turned arod down

2) arod was not a known user at the time

3) the poster U are posting to  susan, is a very respected sox fan on this board

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Ya got me there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ya got me there.

no problem

i should send you my excel file - it has all the facts on it and was sourced from Cotts

then you can see what i mean - the $30 million to cover their holes....including Logan who, will want a RAISE of course and thus, make it harder to keep in budget.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

at least this doesn't require a co-pay Tongue Out The five stages of Yankees fan grief

By Michael Brown @ChuckBurly on Sep 19 2013, 11:00a +
    John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Spo
    Stay connected

The Yankees are longshots to make the playoffs, and you're feeling gloomy. But don't fret, internet group therapy is here to help!

In an occurrence that seems to come around about twice every nineteen seasons, barring a miracle, the Yankees are about to miss the playoffs. And while other fans will likely scoff at your misery, let it be known that Pinstriped Bible is here for you. Here, take this pamphlet. Now let us overcome your feelings of baseball-related sadness through the Kubler-Ross model, otherwise known as the "Five Stages of Grief". Please note: your feelings need not mirror the examples presented, as you may in fact enjoy the play of Chris Stewart for some ungodly reason.

Stage One: Denial

" C'mon, we're the Yankees. Making the playoffs is what we do. Sure it's been a tough season, but we're still in it! We just won yesterday, didn't we? Stranger things have happened than a team coming back from 2 1/2 games with 10 to play and making it to the postseason. Brett Gardner is bound to come back soon!"

Stage Two: Anger

"What the hell!? Vernon Wells, Ichiro Suzuki, Kevin Youkilis and Travis Hafner were the best you guys could come up with to fill the holes in the lineup for this team? FIRE CASHMAN! And why the hell has Chris Stewart been in over 100 games? Would it have killed you guys to have resigned Nick Swisher and Russell Martin? The franchise is only worth a couple of billion dollars. AND FIRE GIRARDI for good measure!"

Stage Three: Bargaining

"Dear Bud Selig: I swear that if you fix the rest of the games so the Yankees make the playoffs, I'll do whatever you want. I'll buy all the overpriced, crappy merchandise on MLB.com, even the hideous Derek Jeter mask! And I promise to never stream another game without your expressed written consent. Just make sure the umpires eject all of our opponents' best players."

Stage Four: Depression

"We were so close. With all the injuries and mishaps, the team was still able to come all the back to within one game of the playoffs. Was it just all to tease us? All those hours watching this team struggle uphill, only to fall flat on its face right before the finish line. Why must Yankees fans endure so much suffering year in and year out?"

Stage Five: Acceptance

"I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I suppose we should just focus on the fun memories of the season gone by. Getting to watch Robinson Cano everyday was pretty great. Hopefully we'll suck less enough to make a run at the postseason next year. And Chris Stewart will not be on the Opening Day roster."

So there you have it. Follow these steps and consume plenty of booze and you'll be ready and recovered for the 2014 season with no regrets. And if the Yankees somehow do make the playoffs, feel free to disregard this entire stupid thing and run through your neighborhood screaming like a rabid chimpanzee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Mike Axisa 8m
    Yankees miss both Cain and Bumgarner this weekend. Official rescind complaints about Red Sox missing those two a few weeks ago Tongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Ya got me there.

no problem

i should send you my excel file - it has all the facts on it and was sourced from Cotts

then you can see what i mean - the $30 million to cover their holes....including Logan who, will want a RAISE of course and thus, make it harder to keep in budget.

Not necessary; I think we're pretty much in agreement what type of team they shall field next season. Maybe Stewart shall bat cleanup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ya got me there.

no problem

Not necessary; I think we're pretty much in agreement what type of team they shall field next season. Maybe Stewart shall bat cleanup.

I think the bleacher report did  a recent projected lined up if you want to check it out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

They are still listed as critical, but last night's win and Cleveland's loss has kept them off of life support. The schedule is their best (only) hope. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

They are still listed as critical, but last night's win and Cleveland's loss has kept them off of life support. The schedule is their best (only) hope. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Cleveland's schedule is the easiest of all, in fact it's a dream - Houston, White Sox & Minnesota - the 3 worst teams in the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

1 more nail. Girardi goofed by putting in Joba. I said a few yrs ago Joba would be out of baseball by the time he's 30. I haven't changed my mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

1 more nail. Girardi goofed by putting in Joba. I said a few yrs ago Joba would be out of baseball by the time he's 30. I haven't changed my mind.

Not ready to fully invest in Smiley-Beni Day, but we are getting estimates for the bunting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Unless one believes in Zombies, time to bury the corpse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTEpretty likely...it be what it be....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Gotta love that pinch running job by Almonte

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  yankees lose!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to tune into YES next Sunday when it's all over.

Girardi does not have a contract. The last time a yankee manager's season ended short w/o a contract Susan cried like a baby.  I can not WAIT for that!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Gotta love that pinch running job by Almonte

that Cano send wasn't so good either

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Biggest Bust Evah!

Welcome back to the 80's - ENJOY!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Let's talk about Giradi's future shall we Susan?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m6CRBsWb3U

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

anyone else having problems with their "your post" box?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BoSoxChuck's comment:

Stick aroid in that coffin and nail it shut. Their gettin exactly what they deserve this year. shoulda showed some class and kept that roid user on the bench where he belonged.

That's what the Giants did last year and they won it all - without their best hitter!

And I always felt that any game with PEDitte and ARoids was a complete shame to the game.

Sections
Shortcuts