2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: NYY Death Watch

POETIC JUSTICE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Biggest Bust Evah!

Welcome back to the 80's - ENJOY!!!!!!!

Cashman and the dopey Steinbrenner boys haven't figured out U can't win with expensive 40 yr olds. However, I don't know ... 93 losses with a 170 Mil payroll in 2012 with a team that was supposed to be great vs the current NYY outfit that wasn't supposed to play well....  there's also the Peter Angelos Os, and the current rendition of the Angels  ... doesn't sound clear cut to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BoSoxChuck's comment:

Stick aroid in that coffin and nail it shut. Their gettin exactly what they deserve this year. shoulda showed some class and kept that roid user on the bench where he belonged.

That's what the Giants did last year and they won it all - without their best hitter!

And I always felt that any game with PEDitte and ARoids was a complete shame to the game.

I guess you forgot about the whiny who me Ortiz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

Stick aroid in that coffin and nail it shut. Their gettin exactly what they deserve this year. shoulda showed some class and kept that roid user on the bench where he belonged.

That's what the Giants did last year and they won it all - without their best hitter!

And I always felt that any game with PEDitte and ARoids was a complete shame to the game.

[/QUOTE]

actually they didn't

giants let melky play during his appeal

I would think there is enough red meat out there

that one with even minimum amount of imagination  could keep things real

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but nope

That test included MANY supplements - MANY OF WHICH WERE PERFECTLY LEGAL......

We do not know what he tested positive for so we do not have conclusive evidence....Is it possible Ortiz cheated? You bettya.  But that is also the case for Cano, Jeter, Rivera and everyone else.

The BURDEN OF PROOF is on the accuser not the accused.  There is no PROOF against Ortiz.

With AROID and PEDITTE we have that PROOF - GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but nope

We do not know what he tested positive for so we do not have conclusive evidence....Is it possible Ortiz cheated? You bettya.  But that is also the case for Cano, Jeter, Rivera and everyone else.

The BURDEN OF PROOF is on the accuser not the accused.  There is no PROOF against Ortiz.

[/QUOTE]

The man fliunked a drug test; those other guys didn't. Otherwise Keep dreaming ... that goes for his HOF chances as well. Piazza, with only innuendo, didn't get in his 1st time, so good luck with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

ESPN now gives the Yankees a 1.4% chance of making the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but nope

That test included MANY supplements - MANY OF WHICH WERE PERFECTLY LEGAL......Ortiz never denied anything - he just said he had no idea of what he tested positve for and that was 100% the truth.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but nope

[/QUOTE]

The man fliunked a drug test; those other guys didn't. Otherwise Keep dreaming ... that goes for his HOF chances as well. Piazza, with only innuendo, didn't get in his 1st time, so good luck with that.

[/QUOTE]

What did he TEST POSITIVE FOR?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but nope

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, you mean his pathetic denial? I shall point out that no one on that 2003 list, you know, the one the despicable Arod at least admitted to, showed what players failed for. Those in glass houses...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

I ain't forgotten about the roid user Ortiz but he seems to be off limits in these parts. the pink hat fans love this guy and don't care that he's just a big old roid user with a chip on his shoulder whose no better than the rest of them.  He flash a smile and the pink hats fall all over themselves.  Most every guy I know would tell ya the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

Please provide us with actual evidence that Ortiz is a "roid user"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but nope

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, you mean his pathetic denial? I shall point out that no one on that 2003 list, you know, the one the despicable Arod at leastadmitted to, showed what players failed for. Those in glass houses...

[/QUOTE]

Correct, the 2003 list is 100% baseless

However, we do not need the 2003 list to PROVE that AROID AND PEDITTE are cheaters - THEY CONFESSED TO IT - it is a FACT......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I ain't forgotten about the roid user Ortizbut he seems to be off limits in these parts. the pink hat fans love this guy and don't care that he's just a big old roid user with a chip on his shoulder whose no better than the rest of them.  He flash a smile and the pink hats fall all over themselves.  Most every guy I know would tell ya the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now U sound like a partisan imbecile.  What part of this do U not understand?

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/23053840/david-ortiz-still-doesnt-know-why-he-failed-that-drug-test-in-2003

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but nope

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, you mean his pathetic denial? I shall point out that no one on that 2003 list, you know, the one the despicable Arod at leastadmitted to, showed what players failed for. Those in glass houses...

[/QUOTE]

Correct, the 2003 list is 100% baseless

However, we do not need the 2003 list to PROVE that AROID AND PEDITTE are cheaters - THEY CONFESSED TO IT - it is a FACT......

[/QUOTE]

LOL, I'm sure the HOF writers shall feel the same way. And if there are more revelations until then...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I ain't forgotten about the roid user Ortizbut he seems to be off limits in these parts. the pink hat fans love this guy and don't care that he's just a big old roid user with a chip on his shoulder whose no better than the rest of them.  He flash a smile and the pink hats fall all over themselves.  Most every guy I know would tell ya the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/23053840/david-ortiz-still-doesnt-know-why-he-failed-that-drug-test-in-2003

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but that is not conclusive.  Where was the DUE PROCESS for the claim?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

So now you're a lawyer? Alrighty then. However, it's not necessary for you to go there; Papi already hid behind the skirt of the PA lawyers when he provided his long awaited explanation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Ibanez did not want to stay with the team; Perennial playoff choker Swisher wanted a big contract, and they were fed up with his PS flubs; Martin was the biggest goof; Stewart can't hit, and he's not that good defensively either. While I don't like Cashman (let's not forget the barren farm), he does have his hands tied by his anal superiors.

Cashman wont last long, accept bets... Lol...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So now you're a lawyer? Alrighty then. However, it's not necessary for you to go there; Papi already hid behind the skirt of the PA lawyers when he provided his long awaited explanation.

In this nation you have a right to assistance of counsel.  If you don't think it is OK to have your lawyer protect you then I hope you never need one.  And I hope you are never in a position of power to deem man GUILTY without due process. 

You have nothing on Ortiz. For AROID AND PEDITTE is a fact that they cheated.  I am not going to get into the lying those guys did and all the other BS they created - it's meaningless.  Fact is they cheated and there is no evidence agaisnt Ortiz.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ibanez did not want to stay with the team; Perennial playoff choker Swisher wanted a big contract, and they were fed up with his PS flubs; Martin was the biggest goof; Stewart can't hit, and he's not that good defensively either. While I don't like Cashman (let's not forget the barren farm), he does have his hands tied by his anal superiors.

Cashman wont last long, accept bets... Lol...

[/QUOTE]

I love Ca$hman - I hope he's the yankee GM forever!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In this nation you have a right to assistance of counsel.  If you don't think it is OK to have your lawyer protect you then I hope you never need one.  And I hope you are never in a position of power to deem man GUILTY without due process. 

You have nothing on Ortiz. For AROID AND PEDITTE is a fact that they cheated.  I am not going to get into the lying those guys did and all the other BS they created - it's meaningless.  Fact is they cheated and there is no evidence agaisnt Ortiz.

You are in denial, and sound like a crime kingpin during a trial; a failed drug test is evidence; and evidence, or pretending to hide behind the definition of it, is laughable; not to mention the  PED goons going in and out of the RS clubhouse until they were summarily thrown out when the heat was on. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are in denial; a failed drug test is evidence; and evidence, or pretending to hide behind the definition of it, is laughable; not to mention the  PED goons going in and out of the RS clubhouse until they were summarily thrown out when the heat was on. 

[/QUOTE]

A drug test is not conclusive evidence?

What methodology was used?

What did he test positive for?

Can we see the actual test? 

Could there had been a false-positive?

Can we cross examine the accuser?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

That's a distortion.  Ortiz has claimed he has tried to get to the bottom of his appearance on "the list" but it was the players union lawyers who will not allow the test results to be unsealed.  Ortiz was successful in getting MLB to admit that there were two versions of "The list" and the second version, which filtered out the false positive, contained eight fewer names than the first version.

At the very least, we should all agree that there is at least an 8% chance Ortiz is innocent, and if he is innocent, the sequence of events was extremely unfair - anonymous sources; no indication of the alleged substance; impossible to unseal the official record.  

How many juicers in 2003 are even relevant in 2013?  If they are still playing the game, they are a shell of their former selves.  For you to believe what you want to believe, you must think Ortiz is a criminal mastermind, to be able to hide his PED use for a decade, while so many around him have been caught.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You guys can believe what you want; the imperfect law and the perceived reality of the HOF sports writers are not the same thing. And for all we know, he may still be using. So good luck with your beloved Papi's legacy, who regardless is indisputablly the greatest DH ever.