[QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to BoSoxChuck's comment:

Stick aroid in that coffin and nail it shut. Their gettin exactly what they deserve this year. shoulda showed some class and kept that roid user on the bench where he belonged.

That's what the Giants did last year and they won it all - without their best hitter!

And I always felt that any game with PEDitte and ARoids was a complete shame to the game.

I guess you forgot about the whiny who me Ortiz.

I ain't forgotten about the roid user Ortizbut he seems to be off limits in these parts. the pink hat fans love this guy and don't care that he's just a big old roid user with a chip on his shoulder whose no better than the rest of them.  He flash a smile and the pink hats fall all over themselves.  Most every guy I know would tell ya the same thing.

Please provide us with actual evidence that Ortiz is a "roid user"

Now U sound like a partisan imbecile.  What part of this do U not understand?

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/23053840/david-ortiz-still-doesnt-know-why-he-failed-that-drug-test-in-2003

Sorry but that is not conclusive.  Where was the DUE PROCESS for the claim?

So now you're a lawyer? Alrighty then. However, it's not necessary for you to go there; Papi already hid behind the skirt of the PA lawyers when he provided his long awaited explanation.

That's a distortion.  Ortiz has claimed he has tried to get to the bottom of his appearance on "the list" but it was the players union lawyers who will not allow the test results to be unsealed.  Ortiz was successful in getting MLB to admit that there were two versions of "The list" and the second version, which filtered out the false positive, contained eight fewer names than the first version.

At the very least, we should all agree that there is at least an 8% chance Ortiz is innocent, and if he is innocent, the sequence of events was extremely unfair - anonymous sources; no indication of the alleged substance; impossible to unseal the official record.  

How many juicers in 2003 are even relevant in 2013?  If they are still playing the game, they are a shell of their former selves.  For you to believe what you want to believe, you must think Ortiz is a criminal mastermind, to be able to hide his PED use for a decade, while so many around him have been caught.

[/QUOTE]

yup exactly

all we need is a SHADOW of doubt which we clearly have with Ortiz

with AROD and Petitte - all shadows of doubt have been removed - case closed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: NYY Death Watch

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Unless one believes in Zombies, time to bury the corpse.

[/QUOTEpretty likely...it be what it be....

Gotta love that pinch running job by Almonte

that Cano send wasn't so good either

With 2 out you send him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You guys can believe what you want; the imperfect law and the perceived reality of the HOF sports writers are not the same thing. And for all we know, he may still be using. So good luck with your beloved Papi's legacy, who regardless is indisputablly the greatest DH ever.

If we apply your standards of truth then virtually everyone is guilty

Nice try.  I understand why you are doing it.  But it won't work. 

By the way, I don't think Clemens is a cheater because I have no proof.  Same with Bonds.  Same with Davis.....I need 100% evidence before damming someone.  That is why AROID and PEDITTE are such easy targets - we all have 100% proof on those thugs!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stick aroid in that coffin and nail it shut. Their gettin exactly what they deserve this year. shoulda showed some class and kept that roid user on the bench where he belonged.

That's what the Giants did last year and they won it all - without their best hitter!

And I always felt that any game with PEDitte and ARoids was a complete shame to the game.

I ain't forgotten about the roid user Ortizbut he seems to be off limits in these parts. the pink hat fans love this guy and don't care that he's just a big old roid user with a chip on his shoulder whose no better than the rest of them.  He flash a smile and the pink hats fall all over themselves.  Most every guy I know would tell ya the same thing.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/23053840/david-ortiz-still-doesnt-know-why-he-failed-that-drug-test-in-2003

So now you're a lawyer? Alrighty then. However, it's not necessary for you to go there; Papi already hid behind the skirt of the PA lawyers when he provided his long awaited explanation.

That's a distortion.  Ortiz has claimed he has tried to get to the bottom of his appearance on "the list" but it was the players union lawyers who will not allow the test results to be unsealed.  Ortiz was successful in getting MLB to admit that there were two versions of "The list" and the second version, which filtered out the false positive, contained eight fewer names than the first version.

At the very least, we should all agree that there is at least an 8% chance Ortiz is innocent, and if he is innocent, the sequence of events was extremely unfair - anonymous sources; no indication of the alleged substance; impossible to unseal the official record.  

How many juicers in 2003 are even relevant in 2013?  If they are still playing the game, they are a shell of their former selves.  For you to believe what you want to believe, you must think Ortiz is a criminal mastermind, to be able to hide his PED use for a decade, while so many around him have been caught.

[/QUOTE]

yup exactly

[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll play your legal game; perhaps we can get Pettite to recant his confession, with him saying he was under duress at the time, LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You guys can believe what you want; the imperfect law and the perceived reality of the HOF sports writers are not the same thing. And for all we know, he may still be using. So good luck with your beloved Papi's legacy, who regardless is indisputablly the greatest DH ever.

By the way, I don't think Clemens is a cheater because I have no proof.  Same with Bonds.  Same with Davis.....I need 100% evidence before damming someone.  That is why AROID and PEDITTE are such easy targets - we all have 100% proof on those thugs!

Good luck with all that. From that standpoint however, I concur; but look what you've resorted to. Pettite guilty, Bonds not; and yet, Mr. Potatohead didn't even sniff the HOF vote. As you would say, nice try; which is kinda unoriginal and pathetic to keep claiming BTW. 

Bonds and Ortiz; perfect together.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Good luck with all that. From that standpoint however, I concur; but look what you've resorted to. Pettite guilty, Bonds not; and yet, Mr. Potatohead didn't even sniff the HOF vote. As you would say, nice try; which is kinda unoriginal and pathetic to keep claiming BTW. 

Bonds and Ortiz; perfect together.

Look at what you've resorted to - making someone guilty when it was never proven

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup exactly

[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll play your legal game; perhaps we can get Pettite to recant his confession, with him saying he was under duress at the time, LOL.

[/QUOTE]

I will be 100% happy willing and ready to re-address the matter the minute that Pettite recants his confession.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup exactly

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will be 100% happy willing and ready to re-address the matter the minute that Pettite recants his confession.

[/QUOTE]

I will give you credit for consistency. Now let's just agree to disagree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup exactly

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No sir.  "Agree to disagree"?  Sorry, that is Marxist talk.  You can't take the truth and make it something else just because you don't like it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup exactly

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both confessions.  Don't forget, he lied about only taking HGH one time in 2002, as we found out at the Clemens trial, when he confessed to using it again in 2004.  I'm amazed this guy gets as much a pass as he does.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup exactly

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both confessions.  Don't forget, he lied about only taking HGH one time in 2002, as we found out at the Clemens trial, when he confessed to using it again in 2004.  I'm amazed this guy gets as much a pass as he does.

[/QUOTE]

because he is a SELF PROCLAIMED CHRISTIAN

he's a phony in my book

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

yup exactly

No sir.  "Agree to disagree"?  Sorry, that is Marxist talk.  You can't take the truth and make it something else just because you don't like it.

Allright then, I think you're wrong, and IMO U have a problem with the truth. Later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

yup exactly

Allright then, I think you're wrong, and it IMO U have a problem with the truth. Later.

Help us out here - what is the truth exactly?

Do we know 100% that Arod cheated?

Do we know for 100% fact that Pettitee cheated?

Do we kow for a 100% fact that Ortiz cheated?

It's not that hard. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Sorry to the Yankees fans out there..but I think the Yankees organization got what it deserved at the end of this season. They put winning over the integrity of the game when they stuck Arod out there to gain an advantage. ARod represents everything wrong in sports and they compromised their values and didn't give a care what their own fans thought and played a guy they knew was dirty..a guy they knew was a rat because they thought it would be their ticket to the WS.

It's called Karma..and sometimes it comes back to bite you.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Yankees are just eight games over .500 , but are still clinging to life because some of the other contenders have also faltered. They finish the season with three against hapless Houston. It is up to the Rays to finish them off this week. It is not over yet. Cleveland is new at this. The Rangers have been known to choke. The Yankees are in critical condition, but still ( barely ) alive. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Sorry to the Yankees fans out there..but I think the Yankees organization got what it deserved at the end of this season. They put winning over the integrity of the game when they stuck Arod out there to gain an advantage. ARod represents everything wrong in sports and they compromised their values and didn't give a care what their own fans thought and played a guy they knew was dirty..a guy they knew was a rat because they thought it would be their ticket to the WS.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

Does this surprise you?

George Steinbrenner

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The Yankees are just eight games over .500 , but are still clinging to life because some of the other contenders have also faltered. They finish the season with three against hapless Houston. It is up to the Rays to finish them off this week. It is not over yet. Cleveland is new at this. The Rangers have been known to choke. The Yankees are in critical condition, but still ( barely ) alive. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

The Yankees aren't dead yet.  Barely breathing, but I won't count them out until they are mathematically eliminated.   They can make things really interesting if they can sweep the Rays this week.

And, as Beantowne posted, I wouldn't be so quick to count them out for 2014.   Just look at what the Sox did this year when so many people said it would be at least two years before they would compete again. 

Maybe the Yankees decide to forget about trying to get under the luxury tax limit.  Or maybe they take a page out of Ben's book and sign some "2nd tier" guys who will produce better than the all stars. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

It's over.  It's a three-team race for two WC spots now.  The best the Yankees can do is spoil the Rays' chances.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

actually, it would be great if the yankees did make

they would be the easiest team in any playoff series

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

It's over.  It's a three-team race for two WC spots now.  The best the Yankees can do is spoil the Rays' chances.

[/QUOTE]

I hate to give any credit to a famous Yankee, but we all should know by now that it's not over until it's over. The Yankees are on the verge of elimination, but let's not get ahead of things just yet. Strange things have happened in the past and will happen again. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Yanks need to run the table while Tampa and Cleve take a total dump.  They're done.   1.4% chance of making that one and done game.  Not happening.   Tears....  LOL!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

..but I think the Yankees organization got what it deserved at the end of this season. They put winning over the integrity of the game when they stuck Arod out there to gain an advantage. ARod represents everything wrong in sports and they compromised their values and didn't give a care what their own fans thought and played a guy they knew was dirty..a guy they knew was a rat because they thought it would be their ticket to the WS.

i LOVE this post.

btw - the yankees are DONE.  d-o-n-e

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

This is God's way of telling baseball fans that He DOES exist. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Cheer up Yankee fans, at least you have Manning and the Giants,...........wait a sec..........aren't they 0-3?   Wink

Seriously, at least the Knicks and Nets will be good.   Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

..but I think the Yankees organization got what it deserved at the end of this season. They put winning over the integrity of the game when they stuck Arod out there to gain an advantage. ARod represents everything wrong in sports and they compromised their values and didn't give a care what their own fans thought and played a guy they knew was dirty..a guy they knew was a rat because they thought it would be their ticket to the WS.

i LOVE this post.

btw - the yankees are DONE.  d-o-n-e

of course you do keith

because it's sounds good

and  there's little cred / merit to the post

just like the yanks SF let melky play durring his appeal

and won the WS

Sections
Shortcuts