NYY Doing Their Best Impression Of A Collapse

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: NYY Doing Their Best Impression Of A Collapse

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of baseball still left to be played jete.

[/QUOTE]

you bet my  friend

and the sox will be in the middle of it

The last 3 games of the season the Yanks play the Sox and the O's play Tampa

[/QUOTE]Hi Zac,

"sox will be in the middle of it"

True, but not really interested in that type of role.

I would prefer to have it settled between the 3 teams in the hunt.

The sox can afford to take risks they wouldn't in games that mean something which puts the other 3 teams at a disadvantage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Just pathetic play on everyone's part. Injuries are just part of the game. Boston had their's, we have ours. Let's see if NY can do a better job of keeping their composure under pressure. This all remains to be seen.

Last I looked the Yanks are still in first place. Granted they had their lead trimmed by 9 games. Good news is you only have to finish 1 game better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of baseball still left to be played jete.

[/QUOTE] hey 2H whats going on?...how was your summer? oh no doubt about that i surely would rather be 1 up than 1 out, i've heard it said that every team hits about two ruts during the season i guess its how you handle number 2 that matters  though i agree with a number of things Steven said i rather they stink on Sept 2nd than Oct 2nd 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Also annoying is the spin bites manufactured by the players & mgr of late, especially Swisher.

They're starting to sound like ...  gulp ... this yr's RS.

Francona, I man I admired, would have said something like "We 're struggling right now, for a variety of reasons, and some are obvious to the fans. We shall just have to grind through it if we want to have a chance to succeed."

To Jessica Lange from the movie Tootsie "Wouldn't that be refreshing?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They're starting to sound like ...  gulp ... this yr's RS.

[/QUOTE]

Ouch! At least they still have time to right their ship, ours has sailed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A few other things:

Why is a 38 yr old SS only rested this yr for 3 games? Small wonder he's in a nosedive.

Was Girardi's nose stuck in his binder when Reynolds came up to the plate the 2nd time on Sun? Did he not see the bomb drilled the previous inning that may have been out of the original YS?

Where's the bunt? Starting the runners? These are tactics the great Yankee teams of the past used often, & other great teams with power  (The Big Red Machine comes to mind), have used often, including Murderer's Row, the Dimaggio , Mantle, & Billy Martin Yankees.

Cano's response to not running out the grounder was "It happens". Can you imagine Pete Rose saying that? Remember Billy Marting yanking RJax out of the OF in Fenway on national TV? Would Pedroia have watched that groundball go by him?

If they find a way to win, it's despite themselves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Another good part is that Boston is helping themselves by losing every single game to all wildcard contention to stay close to the Yankees.

Would it be nice that Boston lose to every single game to Oakland, Orioles, Tampa and Angels and then sweep home to home series against the Yankees?

Oh these Yankees fans would all be p!ssed about that!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Boston would not be helping themselves in that case. They would be helping some (or most) of their fans.

And the prospect of them losing 20 games to the Yankee's competitors as well as beating them in all 6 head to head games is very unlikely, to the point of fantasy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

not to pile mike on but I don't think

'' sailed'' is the word that I would use ;-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to MikeNagy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] B -3   you sunk my battleship :)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MikeNagy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL mike

I'll meet you 1/2 way

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]it better be on the upper half.. ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Nicely done!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

All's good jete except when I try to reply to posts. Totally enjoyed my summer. Hope yours was as well. The way I look at it you have an exciting final month of baseball to look forward to. I never root for the yankees but it would shock me if they miss the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Prepare to be shocked!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:

No, not just because of today; or even the injuries. It's the little things that is done during a choke, like Girardi's atrocious decision to let Hughes pitch to Reynolds the 2nd time without even a mound visit yesterday, or Cano's 2 bonehead plays today.

Yes, the Yanks have 6 games left with Sawks. It may help them, but they also have a lot of games with other East teams. Does not look good for pinstripers. Too many injuries, a suspect defense, and here in Tampa they appeared to lack motivation ala RS.
    At this point, I would be surprised if they made the playoffs 

Good thing for the Yankees they have 6 games left against the red Sox.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

If they fully collapse... can we call them Red Sox south?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Hey NH,
    The Yankees have been a .500 club for the better part of a month...Injuries to key players are at the heart of why and even the mighty Yanks can't overcome losing 2/5th of thier starting rotation, the best closer of all time, along with arguably they're best two middle of the order run producing bats not named Cano. All out for extended periods of time.

The good news is that the troops are begining to return...the bad news is that it might take them until mid September to get into game shape...placing a premiuim on winning games started by Sabathia, Kuroda and Hughes not to mention that they also need to get some length out of each of them too because the middle of the pen appears to be on fumes...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Hey NH,
    The Yankees have been a .500 club for the better part of a month...Injuries to key players are at the heart of why and even the mighty Yanks can't overcome losing 2/5th of thier starting rotation, the best closer of all time, along with arguably they're best two middle of the order run producing bats not named Cano. All out for extended periods of time.

The good news is that the troops are begining to return...the bad news is that it might take them until mid September to get into game shape...placing a premiuim on winning games started by Sabathia, Kuroda and Hughes not to mention that they also need to get some length out of each of them too because the middle of the pen appears to be on fumes...

hey Beans!!..Yanks definitely scuffling in quite a few areas, Yanks picked a pretty lousy time for uninspired ball, while being hit with a few ill-timed injuries, lousy pitching and a real roll by the Orioles(credit to them for not wilting under constant writeoffs), not to mention the Rays are right there too, whether or not the Orioles are "lucky";) or good doesn't really matter, bottom line, they are flat out getting it done especially in the face of a  dose of division play..time for the Yanks to prove they want it...as fans we've seen a lot of bad Septembers wreck many a team's season ..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Hey Steve, do you think the dodgers would pick up AROD?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to bald-predictions's comment:

Hey Steve, do you think the dodgers would pick up AROD?

From a nYY POV; wouldn't that be nice?