NYY Doing Their Best Impression Of A Collapse

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: NYY Doing Their Best Impression Of A Collapse

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:

i'm filing a grievance with MLB..the Orioles were cheating...they had people crouched down behind the LF wall pushing it in during the bottom of the 6th, 7th and 8th :-)

LOL.  although, i dont recall seeing a fan reach over the wall and scoop in a "HR" that wouldve been caught.  seem to remember something like that in a orioles-yankees game....

btw - Kay really is a joke.  how about him trying to call out the kid for flipping his bat on a ball that "barely made it over the wall".  please.  he's only hit about 32 HR's vs the yankees this year.  if he wants to flip his bat the players will take care of it.  we dont need michael "i never played a game of baseball in my life" kay to police the game.  sorry for the rant.

it really is the chicken and the beer.  y'all should check into that before it's too late.

[/QUOTE] hey Slash, you talking about Mark Reynolds?..well my reponse to Kay is, you don't want him to flip his bat..get him out!!!...Kay is a dunce anyway..the Yanks have waaay bigger problems than people flipping bats. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Poor, poor Yankees fans.   Sorry, I still can't bring myself to feel bad for you guys.   LOL

IMO, you  have nothing to worry about.  The Yankees always find a way to get it done.  The Yankees are even luckier than the Os are.  ;-)

Poor, poor Yankees fans.   Sorry, I still can't bring myself to feel bad for you guys.   LOL 

NO BROWNIES FOR YOU!!! :)...hi Kimmi.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here's a look at improvements and declines by position of the Yanks from 2011 to 2012:

C  .719 to .670

1B .812 to .820
    2B .884 to .906
    3B .747 to .816
    SS .716 to .758
    LF .730 to .701
    CF .900 to .825
    RF .820 to .756
    DH .786 to .846

Interestingly, the whol IF improved while the whole OF declined.
    The Yankee DH has had 6 players with over 44 PAs, led by ARod, and has shown the best improvement.

Tex and ARod have continued a now long growing string of decline in seasonal OPS. Surprisingly, Eric Chavez has a higher OPS than ARod.

Jeter has added over 50 points to his OPS.

Mo had a non-age related injury this year.

Ibanez and Kuroda have been solid old guy additions performers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Has the age issue I have been ranting about for over 2 years finally started to make an difference?

Morning Moon, you could be right, there are concerns(for me) in a bunch of areas, though IRT the pitching you could make a case that two of our youngest(Hughes and Nova) might be the least consistent pitchers over the last 5-6 weeks i also feel like Ibanez and Jones have played a lot more often than designed especially in the field, obviously injuries forced that hand but what can you do? the Rays keep pitching well and the Orioles have IMO flat out thrived in the face of low expects from just about everyone..Yanks better step it up in case the Rays play well against Texas this weekend.....  

[/QUOTE]

At least you have some young promising starters gaining ML experience.

The Yanks have this remaining: (12H/13A)

7 vs TOR
    6 vs BOS
    3 vs TB

3 vs BAL
    3 OAK
    3 MN

BAL has... (13H/12A)

6 TB
    6 BOS
    4 TOR
    3 NYY
    3 OAK
    3 SEA

TB has...

6 BAL
    6 BOS
    3 NYY
    4 CWS
    3 TEX

It seems TB has harder out of division games, including this weekend vs Texas.

The Yanks only have 6 games vs TB & Bal, while they both play 9 vs NY and each other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Has the age issue I have been ranting about for over 2 years finally started to make an difference?

Morning Moon, you could be right, there are concerns(for me) in a bunch of areas, though IRT the pitching you could make a case that two of our youngest(Hughes and Nova) might be the least consistent pitchers over the last 5-6 weeks i also feel like Ibanez and Jones have played a lot more often than designed especially in the field, obviously injuries forced that hand but what can you do? the Rays keep pitching well and the Orioles have IMO flat out thrived in the face of low expects from just about everyone..Yanks better step it up in case the Rays play well against Texas this weekend.....  

[/QUOTE]

At least you have some young promising starters gaining ML experience.

The Yanks have this remaining: (12H/13A)

7 vs TOR
    6 vs BOS
    3 vs TB

3 vs BAL
    3 OAK
    3 MN

BAL has... (13H/12A)

6 TB
    6 BOS
    4 TOR
    3 NYY
    3 OAK
    3 SEA

TB has...

6 BAL
    6 BOS
    3 NYY
    4 CWS
    3 TEX

It seems TB has harder out of division games, including this weekend vs Texas.

The Yanks only have 6 games vs TB & Bal, while they both play 9 vs NY and each other.

[/QUOTE]

The analysis is moot IMO; they would have trouble beating HOU at the moment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Even with the umpires on your side?

I have tickets to see the sox play the O's at Camden Yards in a couple of weeks. I'm torn who to root for, seeing as how the O's are trying to beat out the yanks ... nothing personal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

O's in a sweep.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sadly about the best thing left to root for this year is the fall of the Yanks from first place.  Seems like no matter how bad we view the Yanks, it's always us looking up at them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

O's in a sweep.

oops :)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

and the os win yanks lose, but they take out markakis in teh process

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The O's had a line-up had 2 guys with BAs below .197, 4 under .218, and 5 under .235!  Their OBPs tonight (after the game numbers)?
    1) .363
    2) .286
    3) .280
    4) .334
    5) .352
    6) .255
    7) .292
    8) .222
    9) .159

And people blame our losing on a Catcher and SS with an OBP around .280.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...even a Yankee thread is better than the idiot.

Sections
Shortcuts