NYY FO and manager decisions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: NYY FO and manager decisions

The whole point here though is that Gardner just isn't that good.  No power whatsoever and only 28 RBI in THAT lineup?  Doesn't do it for me.  You guys can praise him for his defense all you want but it doesn't outweigh the fact that his bat is meh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions:
    [QUOTE]The whole point here though is that Gardner just isn't that good.  No power whatsoever and only 28 RBI in THAT lineup?  Doesn't do it for me.  You guys can praise him for his defense all you want but it doesn't outweigh the fact that his bat is meh.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

He's hitting .286 and is a table setter and doesn't cost $142 million dollars....deny reality all you want.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]The whole point here though is that Gardner just isn't that good.  No power whatsoever and only 28 RBI in THAT lineup?  Doesn't do it for me.  You guys can praise him for his defense all you want but it doesn't outweigh the fact that his bat is meh.

RBIs is kind of not his job, and he's usually in the 9-hole; getting on base (.286/366), SBs (36), and defense is. You were comparing him to Reddick, who, while not bad, isn't the 2nd coming of Dwight Evans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The whole point here though is that Gardner just isn't that good.  No power whatsoever and only 28 RBI in THAT lineup?  Doesn't do it for me.  You guys can praise him for his defense all you want but it doesn't outweigh the fact that his bat is meh. (SPC 88 )

Maybe his RBI's are not that high because NY has 3 of the top 5 rbi guys in the league and this is with A-Rod out for over a month.

Gardner has but one purpose in that line-up and that is to get on base and cause havoc. He does!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I think Gardner is a great fielder, but his defensive metrics are a bit mis-leading.  For one thing, a lot of left-fielders are out there for their offense, while defense is usually the first consideration when it comes to Center.  So when the positional adjustments occur, Granderson and Ellsbury are being compared to much better defenders.  Just look at the best defenders according to the metrics, following Gardner - Carlos Lee, Matt Holliday, Vernon Wells & Alex Gordon.  Alex Gordon has a bad hip and has never played the position prior to this year.  Another factor is the ballpark - Gardner has a ton of room to roam in Left, while many of the plays that Crawford could have a play on are off the wall or in the stands at Fenway.   
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Carlos Lee? This says more about the defensive metrics than anything else. And there was discussion here awhile back due to the Fenway configuration that Crawford should play RF. And some managers (Maddon, C. Manuel) are wild about Gardner. BTW, I'm still waiting for that Yankee collapse after your "Mark This Down" proclamation awhile back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Couldn't leave it alone could you?  Earlier you wrote have a good day but I knew you weren't done.  You're such a positive objective voice on this forum....Ha.  I'm not leaving this forum and you aren't going to change anyone either....so take your own advice and rise above it....or don't I really don't care.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

Mikey, I was leaving work to attend the end of the company picnic and didn't want you to think I was ignoring you if/when I didn't answer. Thats all. Have a good today, as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Mikey, I was leaving work to attend the end of the company picnic and didn't want you to think I wasnt answering or ignoring you if/when I didnt answer. Thats all. Have a good today, as well.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I still knew you weren't done.....have a super day J-Bay!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : I still knew you weren't done.....have a super day J-Bay!
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

I am now, Mikey...you reminded me why I left the forum. Take care

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : I am now Mikey...you reminded me why I left the forum. Take care
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I can't tell you how much that upsets me....you too J-Bay.

Nearly 8,000 posts in just over 2 years, if you left it was for a cup of coffee.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

J, you know that if you leave then Mikey has won, right?

Mikey is a troll and trolls come here to spread hate and discontent with the intention of disrupting the site.  Sox fans come here to "bond", if you will, to discuss a topic they have in common - their love of the Sox. 

Due to the fact that trolls are socially inept and therefore unable to form relationships in their own lives they can't stand it when others do.  They see Sox fans as being "winners" in the game of life and it magnifies the fact that they are social "losers" in their community. Therefore they come here to drive wedges between us Sox fans in an attempt to destroy the forum and try to bring us "normal" people down to their level.

Their ultimate goal is to destroy the site by driving everyone away from it and when posters like J-Bay leave the trolls have been successful.

Put Mikey on ignore and hang around. It's a good time if "illigitimum carborundum" - or however that goes.  :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

This post just shows why you are considered one of the least knowledgeable posters around here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

[QUOTE]J, you know that if you leave then Mikey has won, right? Mikey is a troll and trolls come here to spread hate and discontent with the intention of disrupting the site.  Sox fans come here to "bond", if you will, to discuss a topic they have in common - their love of the Sox.  Due to the fact that trolls are socially inept and therefore unable to form relationships in their own lives they can't stand it when others do.  They see Sox fans as being "winners" in the game of life and it magnifies the fact that they are social "losers" in their community. Therefore they come here to drive wedges between us Sox fans in an attempt to destroy the forum and try to bring us "normal" people down to their level. Their ultimate goal is to destroy the site by driving everyone away from it and when posters like J-Bay leave the trolls have been successful. Put Mikey on ignore and hang around. It's a good time if "illigitimum carborundum" - or however that goes.  :-)

Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ok Dr Freud.

I wouldn't want you losers to leave and destroy the site. I find you all too amusing to want for that to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]J, you know that if you leave then Mikey has won, right? Mikey is a troll and trolls come here to spread hate and discontent with the intention of disrupting the site.  Sox fans come here to "bond", if you will, to discuss a topic they have in common - their love of the Sox.  Due to the fact that trolls are socially inept and therefore unable to form relationships in their own lives they can't stand it when others do.  They see Sox fans as being "winners" in the game of life and it magnifies the fact that they are social "losers" in their community. Therefore they come here to drive wedges between us Sox fans in an attempt to destroy the forum and try to bring us "normal" people down to their level. Their ultimate goal is to destroy the site by driving everyone away from it and when posters like J-Bay leave the trolls have been successful. Put Mikey on ignore and hang around. It's a good time if "illigitimum carborundum" - or however that goes.  :-)
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]
    They guy isn't leaving he has nearly 8000 posts in 2 years....hes not going anywhere. I just called him out on not being objective. I don't care what he does and I'm not trying to drive a wedge into RSN at all, you don't know what you're talking about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

Thanks S5, I'm not leaving due to any one poster. I had left the board due to all the bad blood and infighting, returned for the last yankee/sox series. Didn't take long to remember why I left. it speaks more to who they are as people, not the team they're fans of, which is  unfortunate. Notice the yankee posters who are not here, which will tell you all you need to know. I'll continue to read and participate in the game threads, which IMO, is the best part of the board. Thanks again for the post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

The bottem line is that Gardener is a very very good defender, a decent enough hitter.  He is not a superstar but a necessary cog.  Factoring in what Crawford is this year and the cost for that production and lack there of, two things 1)Gardener is the better player 2) 7 years at $140 Million for Crawford even on his best day....What was Theo thinking ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Thanks S5, I'm not leaving due to any one poster. I had left the board and returned for the last yankee/sox series. Didn't take long to remember why I left. it speaks more to who they are as people, not the team they're fans of, which is the unfortunate. Notice the yankee posters who are not here, which will tell you all you need to know. I'll continue to read and participate in the game threads, which IMO, is the best part of the board. Thanks again for the post.

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

LOL...you left the board....for what, a smoke break?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Yeah, ok Dr Freud. I wouldn't want you losers to leave and destroy the site. I find you all too amusing to want for that to happen.
    Posted by )-)TheBabe(-([/QUOTE]

Well, my post flushed out at least ONE troll.  :-)

How's that shoe doing, Pig-in-a-Movie?  Fit pretty good, does it?  LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Well, my post flushed out at least ONE troll.  :-) How's that shoe doing, Pig-in-a-Movie?  Fit pretty good, does it?  LOL
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]
    Wow, a regular Sherlock Holmes, you are my friend... you are a true asset to the Red Sox.  Imagine some poster who roots for the Yankees coming on this site and rubbing the Red Sox fans the wrong way... Really Now, for the life of me I cannot fathom why somebody would root for a team who has won 27 Championships, who's mission statement is basically World Series or Bust and whose owners have the audacity to expect their dollars to translate into results. Unfathomable ?  lol 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If Sabathia pulles an ARod this off-season I would tell him cya later, and that is what the Yankees should have done to ARod. When you have all the money as an organization you should not take tha bologna, as you can always bring someone else in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from >TheBabe<. Show >TheBabe<'s posts

[QUOTE]If Sabathia pulles an ARod this off-season I would tell him cya later, and that is what the Yankees should have done to ARod. When you have all the money as an organization you should not take tha bologna, as you can always bring someone else in.

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Yup, cause whenever you need a pitcher of CC's caliber you just go to Wal Mart, they are in aisle 3 halfway down on the right, top shelf.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If he disrespects the team like ARod did why woudl you want him? They can find another pitcher who can still win 17 plus.. and be highly effective.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from >TheBabe<. Show >TheBabe<'s posts

[QUOTE]If he disrespects the team like ARod did why woudl you want him? They can find another pitcher who can still win 17 plus.. and be highly effective.

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

First off, it's not disrespect, it's business.

Secondly, can you point out the free agent pitchers of CC's caliber who are available this winter?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I heard Yankees are considering hiring Omar Minaya to run the team...LOL...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol.... The Yankees really do suck. If you look at their teams in the 70's they would not have won one WSC without free-agency. Basically the Red Sox (Babe Ruth) and FA are the biggest reasons the gluttonose piggies won 20 of their championships.