NYY FO and manager decisions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: NYY FO and manager decisions

In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : I'm fine with that J.  You live in a world of positive Sox spin all the time, you seem nice enough but you're really just a homer.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with that as well, Mikey.... chose to support them and don't accuse any players of any team unjustifiably, about PEDS or anything else unsubstanciated

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : I'm fine with that as well, Mikey.... chose to support them and don't accuse any players of any team unjustifiably, about being on PEDS.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

yeah you just make snarky comments like you did the other day alluding to PED use

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think the most important person in the Yankee organization is their pharmacist.  Seriously, the Yankees with a make shift starting rotation have the 2nd lowest ERA in the AL.  A 35 year old Freddy Garcia with 12 years in majors, and pitching in a hitters ball park, is having his best season in 10 years.  His ERA is 1.5 lower than last year.  He hasn't had an era under 4 since 2006.  And suddenly, he's found his game - in a hitter's park.

And Colon.  It's amazing what a little winter ball in the Domincan can do for a 38 year old pitcher.

And Posada's splits this year look like a guy who seems to be on some cycle where he's rejuventated 1 month, crappy the next, and then rejuventated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : yeah you just make snarky comments like you did the other day alluding to PED use

Nope. ARod is a proven PED user Mikey. Admittedly. Big Difference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Nope. ARod is a PED user Mikey. Admittedly.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yup.  has he tested positive this season, last season, the season before, the season before that J-Bay?  You're a homer and only see things one way, you have no objective posts here or point of view and you try to come off as one of the nice guy posters on this forum so you can spew your homer nonsense with a smile....I don't care J-Bay we can all post the way we want but don't think others don't know what you're all about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Yup.  has he tested positive this season, last season, the season before, the season before that J-Bay?  You're a homer and only see things one way, you have no objective posts here or point of view and you try to come off as one of the nice guy posters on this forum so you can spew your homer nonsense with a smile....I don't care J-Bay we can all post the way we want but don't think others don't know what you're all about.

mikey in case you haven't noticed, this is a red sox forum, not a general baseball discussion . I have always stated I feel the board is better for the NYY posters here, but dont expect us all to fall in line and post accordingly. BTW, wasnt it you that said no one was going to tell you how to post? secondly, my post you're referring to was an off handed remark, i was kidding, which you claimed you knew. thirdly, everyone who is a fan of a team is a homer, you included, or they wouldnt be a fan nor would you be here. i dont think what i spew is nonsense mikey but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. mine of you has changed and you know perfectly well why.

if you'll excuse i'm going to be the homer that i am and go watch the red sox game. have a good day

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -)TheBabe(-. Show -)TheBabe(-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Yup.  has he tested positive this season, last season, the season before, the season before that J-Bay?  You're a homer and only see things one way, you have no objective posts here or point of view and you try to come off as one of the nice guy posters on this forum so you can spew your homer nonsense with a smile....I don't care J-Bay we can all post the way we want but don't think others don't know what you're all about.

Spot on.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : mikey in case you haven't noticed, this is a red sox forum, not a general baseball discussion forum. I have always stated I feel the boardis better for the NYY posters here, butdont expect us all to fall in line and post accordingly. secondly, my post you're referring to was an off handed remark, i was kidding and you know it. thirdly, everyone who is a fan of a team is a homer, you included, or they wouldnt be a fan nor would you be here. i dont think what i spew is nonsense mikey but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. mine of you has changed and you know perfectly well why.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOT
    Believe me J I'm broken hearted about your opinion changing in regard to me. Mine changed about you a long time ago. As I stated above I know this is a red sox forum because there are different rules here in regard to expression and reality.....A Sox fan can say anything they want about a Yankee player and it can have NO basis in reality and the post will stick but say something about a Sox player and it *MAGICALLY* disappears. As for being a Homer...yes we are all fans of our teams but there are those of us who can crtique our team and not always put a positive spin on things....you are not one of those because all your posts are rooted in positive spin. As I said we can all choose to post the way we want ( well actually that is not entirely true because some are more equal than others here) I and others see what you are all about and I'm fine with that and you seem to be too.

Cheers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I don't see anyone responding to the OP. Why is that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : mikey in case you haven't noticed, this is a red sox forum, not a general baseball discussion forum. I have always stated I feel the boardis better for the NYY posters here, butdont expect us all to fall in line and post accordingly. secondly, my post you're referring to was an off handed remark, i was kidding and you know it. thirdly, everyone who is a fan of a team is a homer, you included, or they wouldnt be a fan nor would you be here. i dont think what i spew is nonsense mikey but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. mine of you has changed and you know perfectly well why. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOT Believe me J I'm broken hearted about your opinion changing in regard to me. Mine changed about you a long time ago. As I stated above I know this is a red sox forum because there are different rules here in regard to expression and reality.....A Sox fan can say anything they want about a Yankee player and it can have NO basis in reality and the post will stick but say something about a Sox player and it disappears. As for being a Homer...yes we are all fans of our teams but there are those of us who can crtique our team and not always put a positive spin on things....you are not one of those because all your posts are rooted in positive spin. As I said we can all choose to post the way we want ( well actually that is not entirely true because some are more equal than others here) I and others see what you are all about and I'm fine with that and you seem to be too. Cheers

If you know and dont like it, no one is forcing you to be here. You're not going to change it, so why not just accept and rise above it? Between the NYY and some of the Red Sox posters, there is enough negativity on this forum to fill three more.  In my world, being positive makes life a whole lot easier, happier and better. At the end of the day, yes, I am fine with that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -)TheBabe(-. Show -)TheBabe(-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions :  If you know  and dont like it, no one is forcing you to be here.  what I am all about, is happy and able to live with myself at the end of the day, and I am fine with that.

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

No, but you are trying to force him to post the way you like.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think Gardner is a great fielder, but his defensive metrics are a bit mis-leading.  For one thing, a lot of left-fielders are out there for their offense, while defense is usually the first consideration when it comes to Center.  So when the positional adjustments occur, Granderson and Ellsbury are being compared to much better defenders.  Just look at the best defenders according to the metrics, following Gardner - Carlos Lee, Matt Holliday, Vernon Wells & Alex Gordon.  Alex Gordon has a bad hip and has never played the position prior to this year.  Another factor is the ballpark - Gardner has a ton of room to roam in Left, while many of the plays that Crawford could have a play on are off the wall or in the stands at Fenway.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Again, why is it bad to be a "homer?" That makes no sense. Hell, call me a homer ... doesn't bother me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]Again, why is it bad to be a "homer?" That makes no sense. Hell, call me a homer ... doesn't bother me.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Why does anyone have a problem with a Red Sox fan on this board being called a "homer"?   Take a look at the headers on these pages: "Boston.com Forums Share your views on topics of interest to Boston and New England Boston Globe".

Why would anyone expect any Boston fan posting on the Boston.com website to be anything BUT a homer???  Live with it!

I'm with you, Lloyd.  I'm a homer too.  I'm not giving up my right to be critical of the team at times, but deep down inside I'm a Homer.

In fact... if my last name were Simpson I'd be......   Cool 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -)TheBabe(-. Show -)TheBabe(-'s posts

[QUOTE]I think Gardner is a great fielder, but his defensive metrics are a bit mis-leading.  For one thing, a lot of left-fielders are out there for their offense, while defense is usually the first consideration when it comes to Center.  So when the positional adjustments occur, Granderson and Ellsbury are being compared to much better defenders.  Just look at the best defenders according to the metrics, following Gardner - Carlos Lee, Matt Holliday, Vernon Wells & Alex Gordon.  Alex Gordon has a bad hip and has never played the position prior to this year.  Another factor is the ballpark - Gardner has a ton of room to roam in Left, while many of the plays that Crawford could have a play on are off the wall or in the stands at Fenway.   

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Because of Gardner's speed in LF it allows Granderson to shade towards RF a little more which helps with the slower Swisher in RF

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Why does anyone have a problem with a Red Sox fan on this board being called a "homer"?   Take a look at the headers on these pages: " Boston .com Forums Share your views on topics of interest to Boston and New England Boston Globe". Why would anyone expect any Boston fan posting on the Boston.com website to be anything BUT a homer???  Live with it! I'm with you, Lloyd.  I'm a homer too.  I'm not giving up my right to be critical of the team at times, but deep down inside I'm a Homer. In fact... if my last name were Simpson I'd be......    
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

I'm a homer too. I'm not giving up my right to be critical of the team at times, but deep down inside I'm a Homer

I agree

nothing wrong with that

yes we are all homers

it's only a question whether one can keep it under control / inside

and have a honest debate

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions :  If you know and dont like it, no one is forcing you to be here. You're not going to change it, so why not just accept and rise above it? Between the NYY and some of the Red Sox posters, there is enough negativity on this forum to fill three more.  In my world, being positive makes life a whole lot easier, happier and better. At the end of the day, yes, I am fine with that.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Couldn't leave it alone could you?  Earlier you wrote have a good day but I knew you weren't done.  You're such a positive objective voice on this forum....Ha.  I'm not leaving this forum and you aren't going to change anyone either....so take your own advice and rise above it....or don't I really don't care.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions :  I'm a homer too. I'm not giving up my right to be critical of the team at times, but deep down inside I'm a Homer I agree nothing wrong with that yes we are all homers it's only a question whether one can keep under control / inside and have a honest debate
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Exactly Zac....some homers can be honest and objective and some cannot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Why does anyone have a problem with a Red Sox fan on this board being called a "homer"?   Take a look at the headers on these pages: " Boston .com Forums Share your views on topics of interest to Boston and New England Boston Globe". Why would anyone expect any Boston fan posting on the Boston.com website to be anything BUT a homer???  Live with it! I'm with you, Lloyd.  I'm a homer too.  I'm not giving up my right to be critical of the team at times, but deep down inside I'm a Homer. In fact... if my last name were Simpson I'd be......    
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

Image Detail

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : No, you try to force the comparison of a LF to a CF. Why not compare CF to CF and LF to LF?  I'll tell you why you don't, it's because Granderson is better than ells and Gardner is better than jd crawful, that's why.
    Posted by ((The--Babe))[/QUOTE]

Pretty weak argument overall.  We all know that Gardner is a CF'er that happens to be playing LF.  We all saw the debates in the offseason "Gardner or Ellsbury (which were as laughable then as they still are now". 

Right now if you were to substitute Gardner for Reddick in the Red Sox lineup, the Red Sox wouldn't be as good of a team.  In other words, I wouldn't trade Reddick for Gardner. 

Reddick = Higher AVG, More HR's, almost as many RBI, just about the same OBP... all while playing less than half of the number of games that Gardner has.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Pretty weak argument overall.  We all know that Gardner is a CF'er that happens to be playing LF.  We all saw the debates in the offseason "Gardner or Ellsbury (which were as laughable then as they still are now".  Right now if you were to substitute Gardner for Reddick in the Red Sox lineup, the Red Sox wouldn't be as good of a team.  In other words, I wouldn't trade Reddick for Gardner.  Reddick = Higher AVG, More HR's, almost as many RBI, just about the same OBP... all while playing less than half of the number of games that Gardner has.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    Gardner just laid down a bunt and had Jeter drove him in with a double....Gardner created that run....Ellsbury is having a career year he is not Willie Mays no matter how much you'ed like him to be.  We'll see what Ellsbury does when he is not playing for a new contract.

Babe is right you never want to compare the players that actually play the same positions. Gardner against the $142 million dollar man is just a thing of beauty and despite Ellsbury's higher batting average Granderson is having a great year. Don't compare apples to oranges but apples to apples.

Any smart GM would take Gardner over Reddick, see the above conversation it applies to you Mr. Simpson.

Oh wow, a triple from Gardner and another RBI from Jeter....imagine that!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYY FO and manager decisions : Pretty weak argument overall.  We all know that Gardner is a CF'er that happens to be playing LF.  We all saw the debates in the offseason "Gardner or Ellsbury (which were as laughable then as they still are now".  Right now if you were to substitute Gardner for Reddick in the Red Sox lineup, the Red Sox wouldn't be as good of a team.  In other words, I wouldn't trade Reddick for Gardner.  Reddick = Higher AVG, More HR's, almost as many RBI, just about the same OBP... all while playing less than half of the number of games that Gardner has.

Do you even watch the games? 

Reddick is a sub.

If you want to argue HOFer Elsberry is having a better season, then go ahead.  To claim Reddick is comperable is laughable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from -()TheBabe()-. Show -()TheBabe()-'s posts

No, we know that Gardner plays left field and is outperforming crawful and we know that Granderson plays center field and is outperforming a great year by ells, no matter how much you, mongo the fanboy, hate to admit it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I guess you don't know the meaning of Sample Size, familiarity by the pitchers, Gardner's raw #s, or the concept of measuring speed & defense. 

Or then again, it could be just a bad hair day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

[QUOTE]I'm getting tired of hearing Yankee fans glorify Brett Gardner.  He plays great defensive... whatever, who cares.  I for one believe defense is an overrated aspect of a players game.  The bat is far more important and Gardner's bat is meh.  Yeah he steals bases but he has no power and only 28 RBI? He'll be a starting OF'er in this league but he's not a gamechanger.  I think Yankee fans are just trying to force Ellsbury comparisons on the guy but at the end of the day, he's not even sniffing Ellsbury's level.

SPC- You really cannot say defense is overated and consider yourself a true BASEBALL fan..  Ten years ago that statement would have some merit, but today, not so much.  He is kind of a game changer in a lot of ways and look at this he is doing more, defensively, offensively at the leftfield position and is younger and it costs the Yanks $549,000 per.  Meanwhile back in boston, You have Crawford making an average of $20 million for the next 6 years after this one and Jacoby making
    $2.4 this year and then an arbitration year next and 2013, he will be over $10 Million per and then in 2014 if he isn;t a fluke he will leave or take the franchise hostage (Boras is his agent).   Really, you should be comparing Gardy against Crawford and Ellsbury against Granderson ( No comparision).  You went the other way my friend because it was an arguement you thought had merit.  Only, really all it does is exposes you as a pink hatter my friend... Saying Defense is Overrated.... I know your handle says 1988 but given that statement I think you haven't watched a game since 1988. A Joke.