NYY get Ells, but....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: NYY get Ells, but....

this isn't a big deal......Ells as good a player as he is......is not worth 7/153.......we'll adapt......Cano must be livid though......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The yankees are going to get more pitching - watch.  It will start with the Japanese guy and then they will probably sign two more.

Lots of folks are saying "when will Yanks learn..." type of stuff.

They did learn.  Look at their last championship.  They went out and spent like crazt and won the WS.  

The idea that we are going to see financial ruin for the yankees is silly.  They have no spending limit.  None.  So when they take the Red Sox CF who bats lead off and is one of the top CF in baseball, there is NO UPSIDE for Red Sox.

Please don't convince yourself that the Yankees can't afford pitching.

And they will resign Cano if they can't get Phillips to play 2B

[/QUOTE] it will be interesting to see what happens in Cincy as the Phillips trade whispers are growing louder...

[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it he will be moved, but for the life of me I cant figure out to who and for what. If its to NY, what do the Yankees have that the Reds would want?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, I knew the yankees would always lie every year telling everyone that they wont spend too much money in that year, and still they go out there and spend ton of money.  I knew Ben C. knew about it.  

Still Ben C. is doing a a heck of a job and he have plently moves left in him.  Ellsbury will look bad big time once the time start to fly by.  He probably cant wait to see the time to fly by and walk away from the Yankees organization by living nowwhere in the state of Oregon, and enjoy his financial life!!  His wife is going to have a lovable life, but for now toward to end of his seven years contract, I doubt it. 

That is the most ridiculous contract I have ever seen by a former Red Sox going to the Yankees.  I know the Yankees fans would tell us when is the last time a former Yankees going to the Red Sox.  I would say, I would not give a damn about it.  How does this paid off for the Sox when they won three world series titles compare to the Yankees winning only one in the last 15 years.  Obviously we are winning the war between these two clubs.  That is all matter to us.  Of course, these fans is going to boo hard on Ellsbury at Fenway Park for the next seven years.  Ellsbury better prepare for it!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

he's just a man..........and one they signed for 7/153 lol.........he is a good player but hasn't played to that value......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Young Mr Hal Steinbrenner had the wool pulled over his eyes. He hates spending his inheritance. He wanted Yanquis to get that payroll in line. Now his team will give the Rays a portion of  the so called "spending tax" and they will use it wisely. No blame from here about Boras. This guy pulled one of the greatest cons in MLB history.

[/QUOTE]
    This is one of the things that bothers me about this.  The Yankees will be the favorites to win the AL East and we will be fighting for a WC spot against the Rays who are being funded by the Yankees.  This is such a screwed up system. 

[/QUOTE]

Really? We don't even know who will be on our team next year, not completely anyway. I have no idea who the "favorite" to win the ALE will be. No one does until the rosters are complete.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"it makes for better baseball"  southpaw

It does? So a team that walks on us 90% of the time is the team you want to see improved? I prefer they finish last.

[/QUOTE]

Lets play entertaining baseball against the other 28 teams. As for the Yankees, I would also like to see them lose every game from now until eternity.
    90%? I think your numbers are off a bit. Last I checked, the Sox have won 3 WSC the last decade.

And yes, I like competetive baseball. I dont like things handed over, Id rather earn it. So thats what I like to see when I watch my team play. So like I said...It makes for better baseball

[/QUOTE]

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The yankees are going to get more pitching - watch.  It will start with the Japanese guy and then they will probably sign two more.

They did learn.  Look at their last championship.  They went out and spent like crazt and won the WS.  

The idea that we are going to see financial ruin for the yankees is silly.  They have no spending limit.  None.  So when they take the Red Sox CF who bats lead off and is one of the top CF in baseball, there is NO UPSIDE for Red Sox.

[/QUOTE] it will be interesting to see what happens in Cincy as the Phillips trade whispers are growing louder...

[/QUOTE]

rumor has it he will be moved, but for the life of me I cant figure out to who and for what. If its to NY, what do the Yankees have that the Reds would want?

[/QUOTE] hey Exam, ...good question....don't know what the Reds are looking for, plus i get the sense Philllips is an abrasive kind of guy..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to OneManBanned's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That is the most ridiculous contract I have ever seen by a former Red Sox going to the Yankees.  I know the Yankees fans would tell us when is the last time a former Yankees going to the Red Sox.  I would say, I would not give a damn about it.  How does this paid off for the Sox when they won three world series titles compare to the Yankees winning only one in the last 15 years.  Obviously we are winning the war between these two clubs.  That is all matter to us.  Of course, these fans is going to boo hard on Ellsbury at Fenway Park for the next seven years.  Ellsbury better prepare for it!!

[/QUOTE]

I see mathematics is not one of your strong suits.

Right now it is 2013, fifteen years ago would be 1998. If I recall correctly, the Yanks won in '98, '99 and 2000. Throw in 2009 and the Yanks have won 4 in the last 15 years while the sox have won 3.

Nice try though!!

[/QUOTE]

Ok my calculation is wrong, and you re right.  Still maybe I should change it to 12 years.  I know Boston started to spend money in 1998, but not a whole alot like the Yankees have done it every single year since Babe Ruth.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Whats their rotation look like?

CC - aging and coming off a bad year

Nova - inconsistent

Pineda - always hurt

Phelps - who?

Warren - who?

no closer - no more Mo

Sorry guys, but unless they get a couple solid starters and a true closer its all for nothing. they might have a better lineup with Ells, but their rotation and bullpen are very questionable. Im sure they arent done yet, but will need much better pitching than what they currently have.

pitching wins championships as we saw this year and in years past.

They can have Ellsbury for 22M per.

Good luck to Yank fans, Ells can be fun to watch if things work out but the lesson learned here is simple ...  This is a perfect example of what a strong farm club can produce inexpensively for years until someone else like JBJ is ready to take over even if it takes a year or two for him to fully develop.  A strong farm can eliminate the need for these type of crippling contracts as we learned here in Boston and Yank fans have lived through for years. 

As far as Jacoby?  Boras gets all the credit for once again getting the Yankees to hand over financial freedom to one of his clients.   Remember Jacoby, the pressure is on you more than ever so make sure you keep that shirt tucked and have plenty of razors on hand :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rumor has it he will be moved, but for the life of me I cant figure out to who and for what. If its to NY, what do the Yankees have that the Reds would want?

[/QUOTE] hey Exam, ...good question....don't know what the Reds are looking for, plus i get the sense Philllips is an abrasive kind of guy..

[/QUOTE]

Hey jete, congrats on nabbing Jacoby.  his swing is perfect for that park.  Im ticked he left for ny but also believe he is gonna put up big numbers.  Gardiner at 9 jacoby in leadoff.  Ross and AJ better strengthen their arms.  

jacoby, jeter, cano tex mccann is a solid top 5.  

It was a pretty boring offseason before this. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Math isn't your strong point either as the next season is 2014 and that would exclude 1998, but it's just symantics ! How much more has your ticket prices jumped since 1998? How much does the average Yankee fan have to pay to watch what has been only a so-so product since 1998? The Sox have owned the last 10 years 3 titles in 10 or once every 3.3 years. I don't care about the Yankees they are just another team my team has to beat to win it all, Your teams budget is fiscally irresponsible as we speak your teams salaries equal 144mil and thats without a quality 3/5ths of a rotation and no closer and that doesn't even include the other guys you need to sustain a season. Your team has improved offensively but wait until teams start running on McCann and Ellsbury has less of an arm than Damon had.....Speed only lasts so long!Good luck yankee fan your going to need it.

Right now it is 2013, fifteen years ago would be 1998. If I recall correctly, the Yanks won in '98, '99 and 2000. Throw in 2009 and the Yanks have won 4 in the last 15 years while the sox have won 3.

But you wouldn't know this since you probably started following baseball in 2004.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

But you wouldn't know this since you probably started following baseball in 2004.

[/QUOTE]

Math doesn't appear to be your strong suit either.

15 years ago would be 1999.

Now run along Skippy you're making a fool of yourself again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Whats their rotation look like?

CC - aging and coming off a bad year

Nova - inconsistent

Pineda - always hurt

Phelps - who?

Warren - who?

no closer - no more Mo

Sorry guys, but unless they get a couple solid starters and a true closer its all for nothing. they might have a better lineup with Ells, but their rotation and bullpen are very questionable. Im sure they arent done yet, but will need much better pitching than what they currently have.

pitching wins championships as we saw this year and in years past.

They can have Ellsbury for 22M per.

[/QUOTE]

I just answered you / this in the other thread

got to say I'm surprised / disapointed this is  coming form you 777

do you really think the yanks  don't know they need pitching

Bcash is all ready on record as saying he's looking for 2 200 inning guys

yanks have a lot of holes to fill but as far as starters go

I  think the yanks and other GM's as well as the big FA arms

are all waiting for the tanaka biding to get done

also still waiting on kuroda and then if they fail there they go with a garza or a jimenez

yanks also need to wait for arod and cano news B4 they can address the BP and other holes

[/QUOTE]

GM Zac,

Unlike last winter the Yanks got the memo this off season.

A Sox championship will do it every time.

Strong up the middle is a great start for any team.

Knowing the Yankees they will secure a competitive starting staff.

Many here forget that with all the Yanks problems last season they were in the mix until late.

People don't realize it but a strong Yankee team is good for Boston.

[/QUOTE]

I look forward to a stronger NYY team. The rivalry this year was awful for the most part. Its going to be more competetive and filled with a nice storyline now with Ells wearing the pinstripes. It makes for better baseball.

[/QUOTE]

Glad but not surprised you see it that way.

The question remaining for Ben is does he go with prospects or proven players.

I favor a mix as long as it doesn't keep farm talent blocked. Which is way I like the AJ signing and not at all disappointed that Salty is leaving.

[/QUOTE]

I like that approach too, which is why I think we see a trade for a CF'er. I dont think they want to hand the keys over to JBJ just yet. I liked Salty, but he just didnt fit into the future plans. Vasquez is a solid catcher already and his offense vastly improved last year. Im happy to see they arent going to block him.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. From what I saw of JBJ he isn't ready. Another half season in AAA could benefit him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, I cringe slightly at the notion of Ellsbury tormenting the Sox for the six or so games he will suit up for against us next year.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

GM Zac,

Unlike last winter the Yanks got the memo this off season.

A Sox championship will do it every time.

Strong up the middle is a great start for any team.

Knowing the Yankees they will secure a competitive starting staff.

Many here forget that with all the Yanks problems last season they were in the mix until late.

People don't realize it but a strong Yankee team is good for Boston.

greetings Hingham Hammer

something must really be wrong with R friend

otherwise he would be all over both of us for coupon hal comments

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Math isn't your strong point either as the next season is 2014 and that would exclude 1998, but it's just symantics ! How much more has your ticket prices jumped since 1998? How much does the average Yankee fan have to pay to watch what has been only a so-so product since 1998? The Sox have owned the last 10 years 3 titles in 10 or once every 3.3 years. I don't care about the Yankees they are just another team my team has to beat to win it all, Your teams budget is fiscally irresponsible as we speak your teams salaries equal 144mil and thats without a quality 3/5ths of a rotation and no closer and that doesn't even include the other guys you need to sustain a season. Your team has improved offensively but wait until teams start running on McCann and Ellsbury has less of an arm than Damon had.....Speed only lasts so long!Good luck yankee fan your going to need it.

Well, it's not 2014, it's 2013 last I checked. 

A so so product since '98? I guess that would make the sox an even worse than so so product since they have less championships since '98.

And you act like the sox payroll rivals the rays!

As far as cost to see a game, do you even have a clue who has the highest priced fan cost index in baseball?

Here's a hint

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/sports/baseball/mlb-average-ticket-price--fan-cost-index-for-all-30-baseball-teams

I can see why you are the sports bozo, perfect name for you since you are a clown.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you have to count on your fingers it's ok.

Start with the 1999 season and when you reach the 2013 season you should have a total of 15.

My advice, don't skip math class Skippy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to beantownesox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm elated at the notion of Rajai Davis and Bradley tormenting the Yankees in the six or so games against us next year. All at a cost of less than 10 to 20M over 1 to 2 years. 

[/QUOTE]

Rajai---I missed that signing--I would like that signing.

Have Nava platoon with Rajai in LF and JBJ in CF. He would be a good signing. Late inn. pinch runner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm elated at the notion of Rajai Davis and Bradley tormenting the Yankees in the six or so games against us next year. All at a cost of less than 10 to 20M over 1 to 2 years. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh silly goose.  If you didn't pick up my subtle barb at your favorite whipping boy, the Sox actually play many more than six games vs. Yankees.  I would expect Davis (or wheoever) and JBJ to suit up for more than 6.  And, yes, of course the money is much preferable.  And, if you weren't so busy trying to stamp out any and all evidence of any positive Ellsbury trait, you would notice all of the posts in which I have clearly stated that I am quite happy that Cherrington didn't wade into the ridiculous money-waters of the Boras-Ellsbury ocean.  I am all about "value and fit".  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

Math doesn't appear to be your strong suit either.

15 years ago would be 1999.

Now run along Skippy you're making a fool of yourself again.

Grab a calculator, sparky.

2013-15=1998

[/QUOTE]

Poor Skippy.

15 years=15 baseball seasons.

1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,

2013=15

Now run along to your math class.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rajai---I missed that signing--I would like that signing.

Have Nava platoon with Rajai in LF and JBJ in CF. He would be a good signing. Late inn. pinch runner.

[/QUOTE]

Davis is a bum. His career OPS is under .700. Even as a fifth OF I would not want him on our team. He is the kind of guy you add for the playoffs so you have someone who can pinch run and steal a base if thats what you need. But for 162 games? No thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts