NYY question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

NYY question

Beltran, Ichiro, soriano, Gardner, Ellsbury, wells 4 of which are 38+ 3 have been heading south for the past 3+ years 

how does this work this is serious question. I just do not understand the thinking.  As I see it Jake, Brett and Carlos are the starters how do you keep the other 3 happy especially Soriano?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: NYY question

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Beltran, Ichiro, soriano, Gardner, Ellsbury, wells 4 of which are 38+ 3 have been heading south for the past 3+ years 

how does this work this is serious question. I just do not understand the thinking.  As I see it Jake, Brett and Carlos are the starters how do you keep the other 3 happy especially Soriano?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you referring to the disparity in their salaries? 

What I DO know is this:  Winning buys a lot of happiness.  When teams are winning everyone jumps on the winning bus and salaries don't matter as much, but when teams start to lose things can go bad in a hurry.  Look what happened to the Sox in 2011. Everything was smooth sailing until the d-cation struck the v-lation and then nothing was going to turn things around.  Inertia - What's in motion tends to stay in motion, even if it's a downward spiral.

It's not a coincidence that the Sox didn't have any long losing streaks AND they ended up with the best record in baseball in 2013.  One of the biggest jobs a manager has is to keep the team on an even keel and not let negative inertia pervade the team.  That's something that both Tito and Farrell are very good at.

Getting back to the Yankees, the biggest challenge Giardi is going to have is to keep the team winning because they Y's salaries et al demand fans coming to the park to get the bills paid and if the fans don't show because the team is losing the whole house of cards tumbles - and with those salaries it's a darn big house!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think the Yankees are feeling a desperation to win this year. Trying to stockpile as many good players as possible, without regard to age. They don't seem to be thinking too much about the future. The long range plan may be lacking , but you can never count them out as long as they have the resources and ability to acquire the needed players each year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I'm sure the Yankees are trying to find takers for whatever they can get for Ichiro and Wells.  Soriano will probably DH and do well hitting in Yankee stadium and Gardner should play the other corner with Beltran if the Yankees are smart. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Guess the idea is to have as many as possible when dealing w/ players that old and that injury prone. Ichiro / Wells / Soriano will all spend time at DH and or DL if not already taken by Jeter or Arod, so good luck to Yanks with this plan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I'm sure the Yankees are trying to find takers for whatever they can get for Ichiro and Wells.  Soriano will probably DH and do well hitting in Yankee stadium and Gardner should play the other corner with Beltran if the Yankees are smart. 

I agree. I think the Yankees will bid adios to Wells and try to find a new home for Ichiro.

Ells in CF, Beltran RF, Gardner LF, Soriano to DH.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

I agree. I think the Yankees will bid adios to Wells and try to find a new home for Ichiro.

About right.  I'm not even sure why Wells is still there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

About right.  I'm not even sure why Wells is still there.

I'm guessing the kid Almonte who was up last season will be the 4th outfielder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I miss old George Stein....man, he was quite a guy.  If he were still around, I doubt very much if Cano would have left,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Me: "Your team has six outfielders and only two starting pitchers.......do you realize what your team needs?"

Cashman: "Ummmm,..................a backup player for Jeter?"

ME: "..............nevermind."   Yell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

I don't think the over the hill gang really has to worry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Me: "Your team has six outfielders and only two starting pitchers.......do you realize what your team needs?"

LOL  Good stuff!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I'm pretty confident Jeter will dh most of the time. It's part of the reason they retained Ryan

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Maybe they will fall asleep duing night games

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Well, Soriano and Wells are pretty cheap. Most of their deals are being paid by their ex clubs.

One OF'er will be traded, and one will DH.

(ARod & Teix have also been in steady decline, and then there is Jete.)

Now, there is talk of signing Drew.

Geesh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Me:  Mark Teixeira missed nearly all of last year.  Derek Jeter missed nearly all of last year.  curtis Granderson missed nearly all of last year.  Alex Rodriguez missed nearly all of last year.  Michael Pineda has missed all of the last 2 years.  At what point did you decide the solution for all of this had to inclde Brian Roberts?

Cashman: Ummm.... want Vernon Wells

Me:  Not even at gunpoint

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I miss old George Stein....man, he was quite a guy.  If he were still around, I doubt very much if Cano would have left,

Agreed, but that is one case that the yanks got right.

His son's are struggling to save face. At times I get the impression they are trying to rebuild their weak farm system only to see them make moves that further their demise. Makes you wonder if they will ever strike the proper balance of farm talent filling holes and FA signings filling out their roster annualy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to S5's comment:

LOL  Good stuff!!

Thank you S5 and Happy Holidays to you and everyone!!!   Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts