O Mother of God! Cano !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: O Mother of God! Cano !!!!

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Every single post I have seen on the net from a Yankee fan has been basically "adios Cano".

Many cited that the Yankees haven't won a thing with him yet, his poor leadership, and general lack of hustle. Pedroia he ain't.

That's what I've seen also

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

After A-Roid, Pujols et al, no way Cano gets anything near 300M. In fact, at 31 years old for contract year 1, I think he'll have a hard time finding anything near 200M. His value ends beyond 4 years and 80M, which, frankly, a smart GM would never offer that much. 

Agreed, but here's guessing he gets 5-7 yrs at about 30-35 Mil per season.

No way. Not even close.  20-25 mil per,  and that's too much. 

You're right; the 30-35 is too high; more like 25-30, which is still ridiculous; but the key here is the yrs, especially with the lessons learned regarding older players, vs his outrageous request for it to be 10 yrs. There's nothing like megalomania to ruin a new wannabe  burgeoning pro sports agency.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The Yankees are now in a rebuilding process, and don't think they are going to go the route of giving 200 or 300M to a 30 year old 2nd baseman with a career .860 OPS. While that might be chart topping for a middle infielder, it's a lousy value. 

I don't think Cashman's a rebuilding type of guy; his forte is signing expensive 40 yr olds that break down; maybe the NYY will toss him

That's why he's the Ca$h-man, that's why the yankees are a mess, and that's why I hope he remains the GM forever!

He's easily one of the worst GM's in baseball - no matter what WFAN will have you believe.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

The Yankees are now in a rebuilding process, and don't think they are going to go the route of giving 200 or 300M to a 30 year old 2nd baseman with a career .860 OPS. While that might be chart topping for a middle infielder, it's a lousy value. 

I don't think Cashman's a rebuilding type of guy; his forte is signing expensive 40 yr olds that break down; maybe the NYY will toss him

That's why he's the Ca$h-man, that's why the yankees are a mess, and that's why I hope he remains the GM forever!

He's easily one of the worst GM's in baseball - no matter what WFAN will have you believe.......

I never heard WFAN extoll Cashman's virtues, but I'll take your word for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDSOXMAN. Show MDSOXMAN's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I wonder what this does to Ellsbury's price?

Unfortunately, it'll be out of this world.  So, thank you Ellsbury for your best years...good bye.

I'm not sure anyone will pay Ellsbury's asking price, so maybe he will return.  I'm not sold on Bradley, Jr.  Anyone seen enough to make you think he is the answer in center?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

After A-Roid, Pujols et al, no way Cano gets anything near 300M. In fact, at 31 years old for contract year 1, I think he'll have a hard time finding anything near 200M. His value ends beyond 4 years and 80M, which, frankly, a smart GM would never offer that much. 

You're right; the 30-35 is too high; more like 25-30, which is still ridiculous; but the key here is the yrs, especially with the lessons learned regarding older players, vs his outrageous request for it to be 10 yrs. There's nothing like megalomania to ruin a new wannabe  burgeoning pro sports agency.

I don't even see that, steven. Hamilton, who was the best player in the game at free agency, got 5/25. I doubt Cano will get as much, especially after the year Hamilton had. Not to mention Pujols, before him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I've heard Boomer & Carton claim that he is the best GM in the game.  If I wasn't driving at the time I would have tried to call in........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to MDSOXMAN's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

I wonder what this does to Ellsbury's price?

Unfortunately, it'll be out of this world.  So, thank you Ellsbury for your best years...good bye.

I'm not sure anyone will pay Ellsbury's asking price, so maybe he will return.  I'm not sold on Bradley, Jr.  Anyone seen enough to make you think he is the answer in center?

I think JBJ will make a great 4th OF'er..........He would only be a replacement for Ellsbury out of desperation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I've heard Boomer & Carton claim that he is the best GM in the game.  If I wasn't driving at the time I would have tried to call in........

I listen, I'm ashamed to say, WFAN alot. I usually skip B & C, 'cause I don't like Carton's disrespect for women; however, it seems like he's toned it down, and his recent goofing on S. Waldman, and spoof of MO's Sandman song, was hilarious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I don't even see that, steven. Hamilton, who was the best player in the game at free agency, got 5/25. I doubt Cano will get as much, especially after the year Hamilton had. Not to mention Pujols, before him.

The NYY initial offer was 5/138, and he wants 10/310. So you're already wrong. However, this is quite a gulf, and, unlike ARod, which permanently discredited Hank, they should play chicken with Cano, and risk letting him walk. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I listen, I'm ashamed to say, WFAN alot. I usually skip B & C, 'cause I don't like Carton's disrespect for women; however, it seems like he's toned it down, and his recent goofing on S. Waldman, and spoof of MO's Sandman song, was hilarious.

Yes he has toned it down.  I really just like to listen after a big yankee loss.  But they both think that BC is the best GM.  It's pure insanity.

And with Cano - there is no right answer.  Only wrong ones.  Cashman can not win on this one.  Unless he could get RC for a 3 or 4 year deal for $20/mil a year - which ain't gonna happen....Yankees will either be left without a SINGLE BONA FIDE big league bat OR another huge contract that will come back to haunt them 10-fold.  Ah, the genius of The CASH-man.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes he has toned it down.  I really just like to listen after a big yankee loss.  But they both think that BC is the best GM.  It's pure insanity.

And with Cano - there is no right answer.  Only wrong ones.  Cashman can not win on this one.  Unless he could get RC for a 3 or 4 year deal for $20/mil a year - which ain't gonna happen....Yankees will either be left without a SINGLE BONA FIDE big league bat OR another huge contract that will come back to haunt them 10-fold.  Ah, the genius of The CASH-man.....

Not completely; if they don't sign him, they could get 3 good, but not great players instead. And they have alot of holes; more than I've seen since the late 80s. 

Also, Cano is not Babe Ruth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The NYY initial offer was 5/138, and he wants 10/310. So you're already wrong. However, this is quite a gulf, and, unlike ARod, which permanently discredited Hank, they should play chicken with Cano, and risk letting him walk. 

That tells you how much I pay attention to the NYY. Tongue Out My guess is he'll get closer to what the NYY offered, than what he wants. Can't blame a guy for trying. If push comes to shove, I think they will let him walk. This isn't their fathers Yankees, anymore. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That tells you how much I pay attention to the NYY. Tongue Out My guess is he'll get closer to what the NYY offered, than what he wants. Can't blame a guy for trying. If push comes to shove, I think they will let him walk. This isn't their fathers Yankees, anymore. 

The popular thinking is, if he returns, he'll get high 100s. Of course, I quote the Pirates GM, when Ralph Kiner wanted a big raise;

We finished last with you; we can finish last without you

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Not completely; if they don't sign him, they could get 3 good, but not great players instead. And they have alot of holes; more than I've seen since the late 80s. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah well, when Cashman is able to identify 3 guys he could get next year on the FA market for 27.5 total let me know.  Finding undervalued mid-grade talent is not uh, his strong suit to say the least.......he's no Ben Cherington but nice try....

Also, you are most likely identifying 3 guys who will cost you draft picks.  That's not exactly a way to rebuild your farm now is it?  Cashman's way of doing business is over unless they are content being a 500 team...

You have a SYSTEMATIC PROBLEM.  You can address personnel add you want but you do not have a PERSONNEL PROBLEM.

SYSTEMATIC PROBLEMS CALL FOR SYSTEMATIC SOLUTIONS.

Until you transform your system, the yankees will be done by Sept 30 for a long time to come.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yeah well, when Cashman is able to identify 3 guys he could get next year on the FA market for 27.5 total let me know.  Finding undervalued mid-grade talent is not uh, his strong suit to say the least.......he's no Ben Cherington but nice try....

Also, you are most likely identifying 3 guys who will cost you draft picks.  That's not exactly a way to rebuild your farm now is it?  Cashman's way of doing business is over unless they are content being a 500 team...

You have a SYSTEMATIC PROBLEM.  You can address personnel add you want but you do not have a PERSONNEL PROBLEM.

Until you transform your system, the yankees will be done by Sept 30 for a long time to come.

[/QUOTE]

I was just blindly speculating, and this is what I get. They could get 2 lousy players at this point for the savings for all I care, since they appear headed for a long dry spell, as my Kiner reference and Cashman bashing can attest to.

Regardless, their Systematic Problem resulted in 2 playoff misses in 19 yrs, let alone 5 rings. 7 pennants, most wins, and nearly annual division championships. That's why I was LMAO when you talked about recent RS DOMINATION.

However, I blame myself; for trying to have a reasonable conversation with you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I was just blindly speculating, and this is what I get. They could get 2 lousy players at this point for the savings for all I care, since they appear headed for a long dry spell, as my Kiner reference and Cashman bashing can attest to.

Regardless, their Systematic Problem resulted in 2 playoff misses in 19 yrs, let alone 5 rings. 7 pennants, most wins, and nearly annual division championships. That's why I was LMAO when you talked about recent RS DOMINATION.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah well, GM used to be the King of the Car World too.  You don't adapt.  You die.

And yes, there has been a more recent RS domination.  But if you'd rather be the yankees over the past 10 years then so be it......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yeah well, GM used to be the King of the Car World too.  You don't adapt.  You die.

And yes, there has been a more recent RS dominationBut if you'd rather be the yankees over the past 10 years then so be it......

[/QUOTE]

Delusional; they lead in Rings, 2 to 1; so, while not domineering,  ( and while this yr they are the best team in MLB), I'll give you that; this ties them with I believe StL and SFG; a tie doesn't sound like Domination to me; otherwise, regarding Wins, playoff appearances, ( BTW, when was the last RS playoff game win? 5 YEARS ago? When was the last time the NYY lost 93 games? How about that record in Sep 2011 with a team that was supposed to clean up? What DOMINATION !!!!!!), and so on, I suggest you check the numbers; it's not even close. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's almost always the years.  Some of these GMs appear to know almost nothing about the aging process.  He's just about 31.  Not ancient, but that means he has about one year left for peak performance, followed by 4 years of modest decline, followed by 3 years of deep decline, if they keep it to 8 years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Regardless, their Systematic Problem resulted in 2 playoff misses in 19 yrs, let alone 5 rings. 7 pennants, most wins, and nearly annual division championships. That's why I was LMAO when you talked about recent RS DOMINATION.

1-They would do better signing Drew ($33M/3) and McCann ($52M/4) than pay that type of money to Cano.  You probably get more production WAR/$, but more importantly, Drew and McCann would be somewhat productive until the end of their contract.  Past 4 years of McCann, you have -0- obligation.  After 4 years of Cano, you have 4 years of albatross.

2-None of the NYY success can be attributed to Cashman.  He inherited Gene Michaels' hard work.  The first 4 WS were 100% Gene Michaels.  Cashman's one ring was a combination of the guys that Michaels left him, plus Cano, plus writing checks totaling $62.5M per year to three players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

And yes, there has been a more recent RS dominationBut if you'd rather be the yankees over the past 10 years then so be it......

Delusional; they lead in Rings, 2 to 1; so, while not domineering,  ( and while this yr they are the best team in MLB), I'll give you that; this ties them with I believe StL and SFG; a tie doesn't sound like Domination to me; otherwise, regarding Wins, playoff appearances, ( BTW, when was the last RS playoff game win? 5 YEARS ago? When was the last time the NYY lost 93 games? How about that record in Sep 2011 with a team that was supposed to clean up? What DOMINATION !!!!!!), and so on, I suggest you check the numbers; it's not even close. 

[/QUOTE]

It's been far better to be a Sox fan over the last 10 years than a yankee fan

Especially taking into account the bona fide cheaters (AP/AR) and how the ten year period is coming to a crashing end.  Sox outlook is great and yankees outlook is dismissal at best.  You can have 2009 as long as you can overlook that it was a bought team that also included the above mentioned 2 bona fide cheaters......I'll take 2004 and the greatest comeback in the history of sport at the expense of the once great empire, 2007, and a chance to do it all once again in 2013............

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Regardless, their Systematic Problem resulted in 2 playoff misses in 19 yrs, let alone 5 rings. 7 pennants, most wins, and nearly annual division championships. That's why I was LMAO when you talked about recent RS DOMINATION.

1-They would do better signing Drew ($33M/3) and McCann ($52M/4) than pay that type of money to Cano.  You probably get more production WAR/$, but more importantly, Drew and McCann would be somewhat productive until the end of their contract.  Past 4 years of McCann, you have -0- obligation.  After 4 years of Cano, you have 4 years of albatross.

2-None of the NYY success can be attributed to Cashman.  He inherited Gene Michaels' hard work.  The first 4 WS were 100% Gene Michaels.  Cashman's one ring was a combination of the guys that Michaels left him, plus Cano, plus writing checks totaling $62.5M per year to three players.

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of Drew, however. Better they should wait a yr and try to get Hardy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Correct, The Stick built a good team.  Cashman couldn't do what he could so he held on to dear life the final remaning pieces from GM's tenure and then spent a billion dollars + to get the monkey off his back; all whilst turning a blind eye away from the 2 bona fide cheaters he allowed to help him get his ring...............And now where is Cashman heading?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of Drew, however. Better they should wait a yr and try to get Hardy.

perfect - yeah do that.  get Hardy for $50 million and give up a top draft pick.  did you call Cashman yet and tell him to do that???

Sections
Shortcuts