O MY GAWD, what have they done to DICE, could BECKS be as DOMINANT tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

O MY GAWD, what have they done to DICE, could BECKS be as DOMINANT tonight?

this could be the TWO most curious starts but most watched of the year. both guys have a lot to prove. colorado is tough for a flyball pitcher with mediocre power stuff who insists on elevating all his pitches. at least his teammates will act like they have his back no matter what today. dice on the under hand is in the safer confines of fenway but the first time he starts to get rocked the fans will let 3 years of utter frustration just finally come out. there may be batteries or rocks. then again, he is up against the toothless royals with a resurgent team. i'm putting the house on dice for the better performance. becks goes 5 and gives up 4 runs (all earned), dice goes 6+ with 2 earned runs (3 runs total). dice mw win this game as the offensive juggernaut continues as this team continues to rally!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: WHO will you bet the house on to dominate TODAY, becks in COLORADO or dicey in FENWAY?

It is a total waste to even ever put Matsuzaka back on the mound in a Red Sox uniform, and it doesn't matter whether he throws well today or not.

He is not going to be part of the 2013 team, he is not going to bring back anything in a trade by throwing well today and just about anyone on the Pawtucket staff would be worth looking at instead of Matsuzaka today.

I think that I would make up an injury for him today at about noon time if i could get a Pawtucket guy on the roster in time for today's game.   Then put him back on the DL until the end of the year, or even just let him take a plane home to Japan early for the begininng of his free agency Fall and Winter.

It will be interesting to see what kind of interest he draws during the free agency season.  If Cherrington even mentions bringing back Matsuzaka he ought to be fired immediately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: WHO will you bet the house on to dominate TODAY, becks in COLORADO or dicey in FENWAY?

Oh yeah. Who cares how Beckett does today against Colorado unless you are a Dodgers fan?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: O MY GAWD, what have they done to DICE, could BECKS be as DOMINANT tonight?

simply impressive slice and dice job. efficient 7 innings, where did they find this guy? relaxed, attacking the strike zone, poised, goood pace. continuing his strong burst in pawtucket. hey, perhaps a non-guaranteed to spring training or a waiver trade to dodgers for a boatload of prospects and 90% of pedy's salary for next year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

CC..........stop

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Beckett could conceivably improve.  He just went from the AL, the best offensive division in baseball and one of the best hitters parks in baseball to the NL, a vastly inferior offensive division and one of the best pitcher's parks in baseball.  Will that mean that he is suddenly a great pitcher again or that the Sox shouldn't have gotten rid of him?  In my opinion no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: WHO will you bet the house on to dominate TODAY, becks in COLORADO or dicey in FENWAY?:
    [QUOTE]It is a total waste to even ever put Matsuzaka back on the mound in a Red Sox uniform, and it doesn't matter whether he throws well today or not. He is not going to be part of the 2013 team, he is not going to bring back anything in a trade by throwing well today and just about anyone on the Pawtucket staff would be worth looking at instead of Matsuzaka today. I think that I would make up an injury for him today at about noon time if i could get a Pawtucket guy on the roster in time for today's game.   Then put him back on the DL until the end of the year, or even just let him take a plane home to Japan early for the begininng of his free agency Fall and Winter. It will be interesting to see what kind of interest he draws during the free agency season.  If Cherrington even mentions bringing back Matsuzaka he ought to be fired immediately.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

Really?  Did you watch any of today's game?  Matsuzaka threw a variety of pitches and hit his spots--7 innings, 1 unearned run, no walks.  I think it might be a little early to cast him upon the ashheap of history.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: O MY GAWD, what have they done to DICE, could BECKS be as DOMINANT tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Beckett could conceivably improve.  He just went from the AL, the best offensive division in baseball and one of the best hitters parks in baseball to the NL, a vastly inferior offensive division and one of the best pitcher's parks in baseball.  Will that mean that he is suddenly a great pitcher again or that the Sox shouldn't have gotten rid of him?  In my opinion no.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]heard that beck had a 4.48 ERA for his bawston career but a 2.83 ERA against all national teams while here and similarly for his career. that tells me he will do very well there with his mistakes and the pitcher to beat up man texas tough guy style!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: WHO will you bet the house on to dominate TODAY, becks in COLORADO or dicey in FENWAY?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO will you bet the house on to dominate TODAY, becks in COLORADO or dicey in FENWAY? : Really?  Did you watch any of today's game?  Matsuzaka threw a variety of pitches and hit his spots--7 innings, 1 unearned run, no walks.  I think it might be a little early to cast him upon the ashheap of history.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

...and a bit early to heap accolades for his performance...we are talking KC not NY or Texas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to O MY GAWD, what have they done to DICE, could BECKS be as DOMINANT tonight?:
    [QUOTE]this could be the TWO most curious starts but most watched of the year. both guys have a lot to prove. colorado is tough for a flyball pitcher with mediocre power stuff who insists on elevating all his pitches. at least his teammates will act like they have his back no matter what today. dice on the under hand is in the safer confines of fenway but the first time he starts to get rocked the fans will let 3 years of utter frustration just finally come out. there may be batteries or rocks. then again, he is up against the toothless royals with a resurgent team. i'm putting the house on dice for the better performance. becks goes 5 and gives up 4 runs (all earned), dice goes 6+ with 2 earned runs (3 runs total). dice mw win this game as the offensive juggernaut continues as this team continues to rally!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Beckett "like Burnett" could dominate for a bit in the NL but it won't last.  Josh has another new catcher so it should be interesting, glad to see him finally get traded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" both guys have a lot to prove."

Agreed - in fact they have way too much to prove to read much of anything into what they do tonight, though I know you badly want to. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: O MY GAWD, what have they done to DICE, could BECKS be as DOMINANT tonight?:
    [QUOTE]simply impressive slice and dice job. efficient 7 innings, where did they find this guy? relaxed, attacking the strike zone, poised, goood pace. continuing his strong burst in pawtucket. hey, perhaps a non-guaranteed to spring training or a waiver trade to dodgers for a boatload of prospects and 90% of pedy's salary for next year?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

mustve found a good therapist or hypnotherapist

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO will you bet the house on to dominate TODAY, becks in COLORADO or dicey in FENWAY? : ...and a bit early to heap accolades for his performance...we are talking KC not NY or Texas.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]
    True, it wasn't NY or Texas, but did you notice the number of runs KC put on the board in the series?  Dice-K had very good stuff and very good command. That combination can shut down any lineup. NY and Texas have both been shut down by it this season. So have the Sox, and they score a lot of runs. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO will you bet the house on to dominate TODAY, becks in COLORADO or dicey in FENWAY? : ...and a bit early to heap accolades for his performance...we are talking KC  NY or Texas.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]DICE just earned himself a mlb job next year. regardless of how great he is down the stretch (say 2 no-hitters), i'm not taking the risk of bringing him back die to his health issues. we need a guy who can stay healthy. but yeah, the game took about 2 and a half hours. that must be a record for a dice game. most of all, he routinely hit 93 and topped off at 94 in the sixth when he needed a strikeout. beckett has stuff issues, dice's stuff is simply NASTY! BEST STUFF HE HAS HAD SINCE HIS SECOND YEAR AND NOW HIS HEAD HAS MATCHED his stuff for the first time.

Sections
Shortcuts