1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Obama and Cherry need to tender resignations, not just Patreus

You guys can disagree all you want with the political philosophy of Stupid Hillbilly(as you all know, I don't), but to call him 'stupid' is really lame.  Be honest with yourself, if possible, and come to the realization that he's probably more intelligent than the vast majority of all of you combined. 

It never ceases to amaze me that so many here resort to name calling, insults etc. when a person disagrees with their liberal leaning.  Of course, our 'Corpseman in Chief' is from Chicago which is the nesting place of Jesse Jackson and son...you know, the one serving prison time who was just re-elected etc., etc.  So, to expect something other than distortion would be asking for a miracle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

You guys can disagree all you want with the political philosophy of Stupid Hillbilly(as you all know, I don't), but to call him 'stupid' is really lame.  Be honest with yourself, if possible, and come to the realization that he's probably more intelligent than the vast majority of all of you combined. 

It never ceases to amaze me that so many here resort to name calling, insults etc. when a person disagrees with their liberal leaning.  Of course, our 'Corpseman in Chief' is from Chicago which is the nesting place of Jesse Jackson and son...you know, the one serving prison time who was just re-elected etc., etc.  So, to expect something other than distortion would be asking for a miracle.

Oh, it's OK for him to call America "stupid" for not agreeing with his political views.

That makes him smarter than everyone else combined. Really?

Having a holier than thou attitude does not make one holier than anyone else.

I wasn't aware that being from Chicago meant you had no brains. Is this something softy taught you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

softy/trotter/billy is ALWAYS, and I repeat, ALWAYS the first to call other posters names, so if that is your basis for assessing intellectual prowess, you defeated your own argument.  And I am absolutely serious with myself when I state that I have no hesitation in realizing he is probably NOT more intelligent than me or any of the other "liberal leaning" posters here.  But thanks for putting this thread back up on top.  I was working hard to push it off the front page, and you single-handidly threw it back up on top.  This is a baseball board, no?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to parhunter55's comment:

softy/trotter/billy is ALWAYS, and I repeat, ALWAYS the first to call other posters names, so if that is your basis for assessing intellectual prowess, you defeated your own argument.  And I am absolutely serious with myself when I state that I have no hesitation in realizing he is probably NOT more intelligent than me or any of the other "liberal leaning" posters here.  But thanks for putting this thread back up on top.  I was working hard to push it off the front page, and you single-handidly threw it back up on top.  This is a baseball board, no?

Just for the record....... Softy & Bill-806 are not one of the same !!! Although I agree with 110% of what he says !!!!!

Bill, what think you about all this secession talk?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Calling America stupid will n ot help win the next election either.

Saying we should pass immigration legislation "to get the issue off the table" is not going to win over the Latino vote. Obama will get the credit, and the handful of Republicans voting for it will hand it to him.

Also, thinking the only reason Latinos voted for Obama was over Romney's "self deporting" comment is short-sighted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Oh, it's OK for him to call America "stupid" for not agreeing with his political views.

I wasn't aware that being from Chicago meant you had no brains. Is this something softy taught you?

Moon, you know as well as I do that it's overwhelming the amount of negative response he gets from the liberals here.  He's one person.  People here have called him a lot more than 'stupid'.  You can disagree, but he's not stupid.

A lot of people critisize him personally....YOU of all people certainly can relate to this.  Yet, the majority of his posts contain some substance to substantiate his emotion.  Of course,  the responses to him are overwhelmingly emotional in content mostly because most liberals consider anyone to the right of them as 'wing-nuts' or 'right-wing extremists'.  Yet, it's OK for Chis Matthews, a true spokesman for you, to call hurricane Sandy 'the best thing that could have happened' .   Or, it's OK for your hero Obama to say 'go to the polls to get your revenge'?   And you're insulted by use of the word 'stupid'?  If it isn't stupid, what is it?   It certainly isn't 'intelligent'.

You don't think Chicago politics has a reputation of corruption?  Dade county, Daly, Blagoyevich, Jackson etc.,etc.    You can't be that naive.

I suppose you also think that the people hanging their flags upside-down are wing-nut radicals?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

The only reason the Latinos or illegal aliens voted for Obama is because they're guaranteed more free hand outs...period.

And, it's the only reason to loosen up the immigration laws...votes and free handouts...period.

The liberals have to maintain the majority somehow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

the "billy" referred to "hillbilly."  I've never confused Bill-806 (or his dad) with softy.  Somehow Bill and his Dad always have a bit of a sense of humor about them.  Softy/trotter/billy seem to have only disdain and malice toward all and charity for none.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

LOL what an outrageous statement.

Hillbilly gets what's coming to him.  Forgetting about politics for a moment, he also heaps abuse on Red Sox players, management and fellow posters here on a neverending basis.  I think he's some sort of sadomasochist who comes here to abuse and be abused verbally.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Patreus From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia   Jump to: navigation, search    

Patreus (Ancient Greek: "Πατρεύς", Modern Greek: "Πατρέας" ("Patreas") is a mythical person, founder of the city of Patras, Greece. According to the myth, he was the son of Preugenes and ninth descendant of Lacedaemon, the founder of Sparta.[1] Patreus was the leader of the Achaean who came from Sparta, after the renowned Dorian Invasion.[2] The Ionians that occupied the region, since were forced to leave their settlements and refuge to Attica and Ionia on the western coast of Asia Minor. It was then that Patreus was crowned King of Aroe, one of the small city-states that lay in the region. Always according to the myth, under Patreus' reign, was unified with two other neighbouring cities, Messatis and Antheia. The new united city was named "Patras" (ancient greek: "Πάτραι"), after Patreus, its mythical founder.[3][4] His tomb was shown in the city's marketplace, next to the statue of Athena.[5]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

The only reason the Latinos or illegal aliens voted for Obama is because they're guaranteed more free hand outs...period.

And, it's the only reason to loosen up the immigration laws...votes and free handouts...period.

I agree with you 100%. Whom do you think voted in this current administration. It was the egotistical Commie ME generation. Today it seems it is all about what each individual can get for themselves.  People today are selfish, into themselves and their possessions.  They DO want government to give them all kinds of goodies and they feel entitled to them.  Until there is a Great Depression, which could be  coming very soon, I hope not, , there won't be enough hurting to have people vote out those who have caused the hurt !  I believe we will get our country back - probably after this Septuagenarian is gone, but it will be at a tremendous cost - and the misery index will be off the charts.
    I Pray for the kids & grandkids that will have to endure the pain & suffering necessary to get the country back from the darkness we are experiencing and will continue to experience for decades to come ! 

I live in bankrupt California and with Jerry Brown and the Democrats having a "Super Majority" in both houses - the State of California will continue to be broke for a long time. Businesses will continue to flee, thanks to Prop 39, Taxes will continue to soar, thanks to Prop 30, and Jerry will pick our pockets clean. It can happen to other states too so  hide your money the best you can and wait for the grim reaper to come  & claim your state.  It will happen, it is just a matter of time now !The flawed thinking of the left is that they can rape the rich to steal their wealth and all their troubles will go away - but there is not enough money in the hands of the rich to do that - especially if the rich hide their money elsewhere - move from the state or take it off-shore.  California, and many other states too could be screwed! Am I too paranoid...I hope so !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Hmmm, looks like yet another softlaw alias has been banned. Color me shocked.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon, you know as well as I do that it's overwhelming the amount of negative response he gets from the liberals here.  He's one person.  People here have called him a lot more than 'stupid'.  You can disagree, but he's not stupid.

He calls people who disagree with him stupid, so using his brilliant logic, then  I should be able to call him stupid for disagreeing with every position I have ever heald from baseball to the temperature outside right now. Besides, he called himself stupid in his own moniker.

BTW, I have never called him stupid. Silly, clownish, liar, racist, deluded, and much more, but never stupid.

A lot of people critisize him personally....YOU of all people certainly can relate to this.  Yet, the majority of his posts contain some substance to substantiate his emotion.  Of course,  the responses to him are overwhelmingly emotional in content mostly because most liberals consider anyone to the right of them as 'wing-nuts' or 'right-wing extremists'. 

True, but mo0re times than not, it is softy who initiated the personal attacks.

Yet, it's OK for Chis Matthews, a true spokesman for you, to call hurricane Sandy 'the best thing that could have happened' .  

Of course not, but the difference is, he apologized. Some "wingnuts" on both sides double down instead.

Or, it's OK for your hero Obama to say 'go to the polls to get your revenge'?   And you're insulted by use of the word 'stupid'?  If it isn't stupid, what is it?   It certainly isn't 'intelligent'.

I never said I was insulted by the word stupid. I said calling those who voted against your ideas stupid will not win them over for the next election. It is also highly condescending to think that the way to get people to agree with you is to make them understand your point of view (or educate them). Many understand softy's views all to well and are highly intelligent: they just disagree.

You don't think Chicago politics has a reputation of corruption?  Dade county, Daly, Blagoyevich, Jackson etc.,etc.    You can't be that naive.

It's naive to think everyone from Chicago is more corrupt than poiticians from elswhere. That was my point. BTW, I have never voted for Obama.

I suppose you also think that the people hanging their flags upside-down are wing-nut radicals?

No, just using a misguided message.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

A lot of people critisize him personally....YOU of all people certainly can relate to this.  Yet, the majority of his posts contain some substance to substantiate his emotion.  Of course,  the responses to him are overwhelmingly emotional in content mostly because most liberals consider anyone to the right of them as 'wing-nuts' or 'right-wing extremists'.  Yet, it's OK for Chis Matthews, a true spokesman for you, to call hurricane Sandy 'the best thing that could have happened' .   Or, it's OK for your hero Obama to say 'go to the polls to get your revenge'?   And you're insulted by use of the word 'stupid'?  If it isn't stupid, what is it?   It certainly isn't 'intelligent'.

I'm not a "liberal". 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I agree with you 100%. Whom do you think voted in this current administration. It was the egotistical Commie ME generation. Today it seems it is all about what each individual can get for themselves.  People today are selfish, into themselves and their possessions.  They DO want government to give them all kinds of goodies and they feel entitled to them.  Until there is a Great Depression, which could be  coming very soon, I hope not, , there won't be enough hurting to have people vote out those who have caused the hurt !  I believe we will get our country back - probably after this Septuagenarian is gone, but it will be at a tremendous cost - and the misery index will be off the charts.
    I Pray for the kids & grandkids that will have to endure the pain & suffering necessary to get the country back from the darkness we are experiencing and will continue to experience for decades to come ! 

I live in bankrupt California and with Jerry Brown and the Democrats having a "Super Majority" in both houses - the State of California will continue to be broke for a long time. Businesses will continue to flee, thanks to Prop 39, Taxes will continue to soar, thanks to Prop 30, and Jerry will pick our pockets clean. It can happen to other states too so  hide your money the best you can and wait for the grim reaper to come  & claim your state.  It will happen, it is just a matter of time now !The flawed thinking of the left is that they can rape the rich to steal their wealth and all their troubles will go away - but there is not enough money in the hands of the rich to do that - especially if the rich hide their money elsewhere - move from the state or take it off-shore.  California, and many other states too could be screwed! Am I too paranoid...I hope so !!!

Nice to see some common sense posters on this board.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pelosireturns's comment:

Yes, it's common sense to strip the under class of their basic benefits so to give the wealthier than ever another round of tax breaks so that it sits in some bank account, resulting in dead money. This has been supported by the fact that the greatest economic collapses in history resulted in extreme concentrations of wealth (Roman Empire, 1920s), as we are seeing today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Hmmm, looks like yet another softlaw alias has been banned. Color me shocked.

Carnie, I don't understand this banning business.

Regardless of how someone personally feels, wouldn't banning someone with differences be somewhat extreme?  I've read, I think, hundreds of his posts.  Inflammatory? yes. Comdescending? yes.....etc.,etc.  Yet, I don't believe I've ever read anything which would require 'banning'.  What is done to deserve this?  Is it written somewhere what can and cannot be said?

Back to politics, I honestly and sincerely believe that the request to ban someone comes from people who disagree with his beliefs.  This, in itself, troubles me personally because I think it's unfair and lopsided since most disagree with him.

In essence, to me it seems that the answer to Softlaw , or whoever, from liberals is to 'ban' him.  Yet, it's perfectly OK for someone with the totally opposite view be accepted with open arms.

Incidentally, Moon, I don't consider hanging the flag upside-down a misguided message.  It's an honest sentiment how many feel. Yet, people can burn the flag, urinate on it, and desecrate it every way imaginable and it's acceptable and considered freedom of speech and expression?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Yes, it's common sense to strip the under class of their basic benefits so to give the wealthier than ever another round of tax breaks so that it sits in some bank account, resulting in dead money. This has been supported by the fact that the greatest economic collapses in history resulted in extreme concentrations of wealth (Roman Empire, 1920s), as we are seeing today.

It sounds like you're talking about Soros, Obama, Kerry, Kennedy, et al, and most of Hollywood...you know, the ones who subsist on us 'working class'.

And, I don't know about you, but I'm being taxed to death and I'm sick of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And, I don't know about you, but I'm being taxed to death and I'm sick of it.

Did Obama raise your taxes?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

To: nhstevens
    The Roman Empire collapsed because of the extreme concentrations of wealth ? Yes, there was some hoarding but it was more than that !!!   There were many, many reasons and mea culpa fellow posters on this supposedly sports forum.  As the Nazis did sending 3 million men into Russia & spreading themselves thin and then Stalingrade finally stopping their advance, they retreated & did not have the manpower to control lands they conquered. The main 3 reasons the Empire collapsed were political, military & economic. Many were displeased with the government & internal strife began, their military might, as I said with the Nazis, was spread too thin & the quality of their soldiers diminished. The drying up of funds from taxation of conquered lands assisted in the economy crumbling.  There were other reasons too like the rise of Christianity, decadence/moral decay and even the rise of Islamnot unlike what is happening in Europe today. Ok, I am off on a tangent here.

We seem to be burying our heads in the sand about our country going TRILLIONS of dollars deeper in debt and borrowing money from the Chinese, that foreign Obama endorsers are human scumbags like Putin, Ahmadinejad Chavez, and Castro, that the unemployment numbers are being cooked on a weekly basis and for months and months and months, were still over 8%, or the continual use of the race card against anyone that opposes the hideous policies of this administration?  Can anyone not be aware of the fact that the Liberals and the Media(except for a voice in the wilderness, Fox news) gleefully stooped to new lows during the campaign to slime an intelligent and decent man that has provided thousands with jobs and given millions to charity?  How can over 50% of the country want Obamacare repealed, and yet vote in a manner that locks in quite possibly forever, guaranteeing high costs and government bureaucratic nincompoops making life and death decisions about people's healthcare?   I  used to live in a country called America to where my parents, grandparents and many family came through Ellis Island and my Dad with $ 5.00 in his pocket worked all his life as a barber. We are a land made up of immigrants but 100 years ago they worked and had no entitlements, bread lines were mostly it !!! And then some got out in the street and sold pencils & apples.  Every spare time I had at holidays while in high school & college, I worked too.  Then because of being 1A, I honored my draft obligation. But America to me these days has barely any resemblance whatsoever to the nation I was born into or have read about in history books all my life ... a special place that was beacon of freedom and offered the chance for a person to rise on the sum of their labors and not a land of wealth distribution, class warfare, and millions wanting the government to babysit them from womb to tomb ... and under the control of evil fouls like Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid, Waxman, and others of their ilk that in a more just reality would be stood up in front of firing squads for their malfeasance, theft, and treasonous acts.

OK, enough,  thank you for letting me vent, a catharsis, and I am off my soap box. Let's concentrate on a bi-partisan basis(HA!) for the Sox to have a draft that enables them to build a contender, that the Celtics mesh with their new guys to give the Heat a battle, that the Pats bring us another SB victory and that the Bruins win too. I live in SF but 1st 21 years in Maine & roots run deep so I'm a Boston fan first but do like the SF Giants and 49ers & go to Warrior games to root against the Lakers whom I hate as much as the Yankees !!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Chicago politics is probably the most corrupt in the nation, and has been for many years. However , it is Cook County not Dade. Dade County is in Florida. 

Sections
Shortcuts