1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Obama and Cherry need to tender resignations, not just Patreus

In response to ampoule's comment:

Carnie, I don't understand this banning business.

Regardless of how someone personally feels, wouldn't banning someone with differences be somewhat extreme?  I've read, I think, hundreds of his posts.  Inflammatory? yes. Comdescending? yes.....etc.,etc.  Yet, I don't believe I've ever read anything which would require 'banning'.  What is done to deserve this?  Is it written somewhere what can and cannot be said?

Back to politics, I honestly and sincerely believe that the request to ban someone comes from people who disagree with his beliefs.  This, in itself, troubles me personally because I think it's unfair and lopsided since most disagree with him.

In essence, to me it seems that the answer to Softlaw , or whoever, from liberals is to 'ban' him.  Yet, it's perfectly OK for someone with the totally opposite view be accepted with open arms.

Incidentally, Moon, I don't consider hanging the flag upside-down a misguided message.  It's an honest sentiment how many feel. Yet, people can burn the flag, urinate on it, and desecrate it every way imaginable and it's acceptable and considered freedom of speech and expression?

I think softlaw usually gets banned for being inflammatory and calling people names. Calling people names especially, seems to be frowned upon here. I have personally never asked for anyone to be banned. I'm a believer in free speech, although you would probably call me an extreme left wing radical were we to talk politics. Nevertheless I think everyone should have the right to state what they believe, especially if they disagree with me. Like I used to tell people when I was in the military, I may not agree with your views, but I'll fight to the death for your right to express them. But back to softlaw, my feeling is that he just can't help himself about calling people juvenile names which is what seems to get him banned. He's actually been baned more times than pike I think, although pike probably deserves it more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The day this country ossifies into one "right" idea about what America is is the day we fail in our grand experiment. Let the debates rage on, as they have from day one and have never ceased. Nothing has really changed as far as that goes. Our country has been on the brink of collapse so many times according to the many battling factions in our tumultuous history. Let's just hope it doesn't come down to killing fellow citizens, as happened too often in our bloody beginnings. Remember these words from the Declaration of Independence:

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to pelosireturns's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

The only reason the Latinos or illegal aliens voted for Obama is because they're guaranteed more free hand outs...period.

And, it's the only reason to loosen up the immigration laws...votes and free handouts...period.

The liberals have to maintain the majority somehow.

I agree with you 100%. Whom do you think voted in this current administration. It was the egotistical Commie ME generation. Today it seems it is all about what each individual can get for themselves.  People today are selfish, into themselves and their possessions.  They DO want government to give them all kinds of goodies and they feel entitled to them.  Until there is a Great Depression, which could be  coming very soon, I hope not, , there won't be enough hurting to have people vote out those who have caused the hurt !  I believe we will get our country back - probably after this Septuagenarian is gone, but it will be at a tremendous cost - and the misery index will be off the charts.
    I Pray for the kids & grandkids that will have to endure the pain & suffering necessary to get the country back from the darkness we are experiencing and will continue to experience for decades to come ! 

I live in bankrupt California and with Jerry Brown and the Democrats having a "Super Majority" in both houses - the State of California will continue to be broke for a long time. Businesses will continue to flee, thanks to Prop 39, Taxes will continue to soar, thanks to Prop 30, and Jerry will pick our pockets clean. It can happen to other states too so  hide your money the best you can and wait for the grim reaper to come  & claim your state.  It will happen, it is just a matter of time now !The flawed thinking of the left is that they can rape the rich to steal their wealth and all their troubles will go away - but there is not enough money in the hands of the rich to do that - especially if the rich hide their money elsewhere - move from the state or take it off-shore.  California, and many other states too could be screwed! Am I too paranoid...I hope so !!!

Nice to see some common sense posters on this board.

Yes, it's common sense to strip the under class of their basic benefits so to give the wealthier than ever another round of tax breaks so that it sits in some bank account, resulting in dead money. This has been supported by the fact that the greatest economic collapses in history resulted in extreme concentrations of wealth (Roman Empire, 1920s), as we are seeing today.

It sounds like you're talking about Soros, Obama, Kerry, Kennedy, et al, and most of Hollywood...you know, the ones who subsist on us 'working class'.

And, I don't know about you, but I'm being taxed to death and I'm sick of it.

If you make less than 250K, you shall get a tax break. IMO, I think it should be higher than that, especially if someone owns a small business.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

secede softy!   that way you can live in nation with no minimum wage, no unions, lots of guns, and no taxes for wealthy folks...

it is a good deal for the blue states as well considering the states that take more federal dollars than they give seem to be all these seccessionist types

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

secede softy!   that way you can live in nation with no minimum wage, no unions, lots of guns, and no taxes for wealthy folks...

it is a good deal for the blue states as well considering the states that take more federal dollars than they give seem to be all these seccessionist types

If just Texas secceded, there'd be a Democratic president for many years to come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I bet if Texas left the Union they would require its people to have an ID to vote.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

I bet if Texas left the Union they would require its people to have an ID to vote.

They will eventually anyways.

BTW, with Latinos on the rise here, they may vote Democratic by 2024, maybe getting close earlier if Hillary runs.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from javaukti1. Show javaukti1's posts

Romney lost. Get over it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Same old story, another red state type speaking before they think 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

SF Boston Fan....  Wow!  The next time I visit SF from here in southern Oregon, I'll buy you a beer.   Semper Fi

Moon.... Obama+Biden have promised to raise taxes even more.  It's got to stop, man.  Latinos voting democratic in 2024??  Hell, they all vote that way now.

Carnie...believe it or not, I have many big time left-wing radical good friends.  For the life of me, I'll NEVER understand what makes them think the way they do, but they're still my good friends...like Tip ONeal+Reagan, I guess.  My brother falls into your category.  Of course, he's a retired English professor, so it's understandable....lost touch with the real 'outside' world...LOL

NHSteven...I'll believe the tax break from him when I see it.  I think that to believe he'll lower taxes is like believing in the tooth fairy.  If we made a beer wager on this, I think you'd owe me pitchers full.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

To you and the poster above you, JAVAUKTi! who said" Romney lost, get over it".

You both epitomize the type of liberals with whom I've been exposed to  for a long time with friends and family. I put up with them not to lose friendships realizing we are all Americans.

Romney lost, get over it and a red state type speaking before thinking. Wow, what intelligent thoughout responses !!!

Did either of you take a debate course in school? If you disagree with something, comeback with a reason why you disagree. This election was not a slam dunk thrashing, electoral vote yes, but by the popular vote it shows our country divided about 50-50 and shamefully polarized.

My experience with liberals is when comments or opinions are given, they usually say they don't want to hear about it anymore, or it's pure crap etc. A Conservative may not agree with you but will listen & then usually come back with an opinion or rebuttal, factual, intelligent or not, as to why they disagree.

Tell a Conservative a lie and p--s him off, tell a Liberal the truth and p--s him off !!!

----------------------------------------------------------

ampoule...thank you for the Semper Fi.  Just celebrated the Marine Corps birthday with some former Viet Nam buddies !!!

Your Oregon Ducks could end up Numero #1 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to pelosireturns's comment:

Wow!  Next time I visit SF from here in southern Oregon, I'll buy you a beer.

The only reason the Latinos or illegal aliens voted for Obama is because they're guaranteed more free hand outs...period.

And, it's the only reason to loosen up the immigration laws...votes and free handouts...period.

The liberals have to maintain the majority somehow.

I agree with you 100%. Whom do you think voted in this current administration. It was the egotistical Commie ME generation. Today it seems it is all about what each individual can get for themselves.  People today are selfish, into themselves and their possessions.  They DO want government to give them all kinds of goodies and they feel entitled to them.  Until there is a Great Depression, which could be  coming very soon, I hope not, , there won't be enough hurting to have people vote out those who have caused the hurt !  I believe we will get our country back - probably after this Septuagenarian is gone, but it will be at a tremendous cost - and the misery index will be off the charts.
    I Pray for the kids & grandkids that will have to endure the pain & suffering necessary to get the country back from the darkness we are experiencing and will continue to experience for decades to come ! 

I live in bankrupt California and with Jerry Brown and the Democrats having a "Super Majority" in both houses - the State of California will continue to be broke for a long time. Businesses will continue to flee, thanks to Prop 39, Taxes will continue to soar, thanks to Prop 30, and Jerry will pick our pockets clean. It can happen to other states too so  hide your money the best you can and wait for the grim reaper to come  & claim your state.  It will happen, it is just a matter of time now !The flawed thinking of the left is that they can rape the rich to steal their wealth and all their troubles will go away - but there is not enough money in the hands of the rich to do that - especially if the rich hide their money elsewhere - move from the state or take it off-shore.  California, and many other states too could be screwed! Am I too paranoid...I hope so !!!

Nice to see some common sense posters on this board.

Yes, it's common sense to strip the under class of their basic benefits so to give the wealthier than ever another round of tax breaks so that it sits in some bank account, resulting in dead money. This has been supported by the fact that the greatest economic collapses in history resulted in extreme concentrations of wealth (Roman Empire, 1920s), as we are seeing today.

To: nhstevens
    The Roman Empire collapsed because of the extreme concentrations of wealth ? Yes, there was some hoarding but it was more than that !!!   There were many, many reasons and mea culpa fellow posters on this supposedly sports forum.  As the Nazis did sending 3 million men into Russia & spreading themselves thin and then Stalingrade finally stopping their advance, they retreated & did not have the manpower to control lands they conquered. The main 3 reasons the Empire collapsed were political, military & economic. Many were displeased with the government & internal strife began, their military might, as I said with the Nazis, was spread too thin & the quality of their soldiers diminished. The drying up of funds from taxation of conquered lands assisted in the economy crumbling.  There were other reasons too like the rise of Christianity, decadence/moral decay and even the rise of Islamnot unlike what is happening in Europe today. Ok, I am off on a tangent here.

We seem to be burying our heads in the sand about our country going TRILLIONS of dollars deeper in debt and borrowing money from the Chinese, that foreign Obama endorsers are human scumbags like Putin, Ahmadinejad Chavez, and Castro, that the unemployment numbers are being cooked on a weekly basis and for months and months and months, were still over 8%, or the continual use of the race card against anyone that opposes the hideous policies of this administration?  Can anyone not be aware of the fact that the Liberals and the Media(except for a voice in the wilderness, Fox news) gleefully stooped to new lows during the campaign to slime an intelligent and decent man that has provided thousands with jobs and given millions to charity?  How can over 50% of the country want Obamacare repealed, and yet vote in a manner that locks in quite possibly forever, guaranteeing high costs and government bureaucratic nincompoops making life and death decisions about people's healthcare?   I  used to live in a country called America to where my parents, grandparents and many family came through Ellis Island and my Dad with $ 5.00 in his pocket worked all his life as a barber. We are a land made up of immigrants but 100 years ago they worked and had no entitlements, bread lines were mostly it !!! And then some got out in the street and sold pencils & apples.  Every spare time I had at holidays while in high school & college, I worked too.  Then because of being 1A, I honored my draft obligation. But America to me these days has barely any resemblance whatsoever to the nation I was born into or have read about in history books all my life ... a special place that was beacon of freedom and offered the chance for a person to rise on the sum of their labors and not a land of wealth distribution, class warfare, and millions wanting the government to babysit them from womb to tomb ... and under the control of evil fouls like Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid, Waxman, and others of their ilk that in a more just reality would be stood up in front of firing squads for their malfeasance, theft, and treasonous acts.

OK, enough,  thank you for letting me vent, a catharsis, and I am off my soap box. Let's concentrate on a bi-partisan basis(HA!) for the Sox to have a draft that enables them to build a contender, that the Celtics mesh with their new guys to give the Heat a battle, that the Pats bring us another SB victory and that the Bruins win too. I live in SF but 1st 21 years in Maine & roots run deep so I'm a Boston fan first but do like the SF Giants and 49ers & go to Warrior games to root against the Lakers whom I hate as much as the Yankees !!! 

A firing squad? Yes, Conservatives are so much more reasonable. But let's just turn a blind eye to W for Alberto Gonzalez, the profiteering during that sham of a war in Iraq, Valerie Plame, Gitmo & Abu Ghraib, the meltdown on Wall Street, the economy, Brownie, the tax breaks,  turning a huge surplus into a like minded deficit, etc

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

To you and the poster above you, JAVAUKTi! who said" Romney lost, get over it".

You both epitomize the type of liberals with whom I've been exposed to  for a long time with friends and family. I put up with them not to lose friendships realizing we are all Americans.

Romney lost, get over it and a red state type speaking before thinking. Wow, what intelligent thoughout responses !!!

Did either of you take a debate course in school? If you disagree with something, comeback with a reason why you disagree. This election was not a slam dunk thrashing, electoral vote yes, but by the popular vote it shows our country divided about 50-50 and shamefully polarized.

My experience with liberals is when comments or opinions are given, they usually say they don't want to hear about it anymore, or it's pure crap etc. A Conservative may not agree with you but will listen & then usually come back with an opinion or rebuttal, factual, intelligent or not, as to why they disagree.

Tell a Conservative a lie and p--s him off, tell a Liberal the truth and p--s him off !!!

You mean like the polls?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You mean to combat the dozen cases of voter fraud in the last 15 yrs? Sure beats diisenfranchising millions of voters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

latinos are on a whole believers in God, very family oriented, and quite conservative in all their values.

I bet if and when a Latino runs for President he will be a Conservative, and he will support ID laws, proper entry into the country, and a strong border.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Our national debt is 16 trillion and growing daily.  Home values are way down. Unemployment is up. Far too many people are on some form of welfare.  Factories that used to work three shifts , now sit empty and abandoned. Interest rates have been near zero for four years. More and more states are in debt and going bankrupt.  Many of our once great cities are now disaster areas. Are you satisfied with this ?   Don't you think that we need major changes in how we do things ?   Or are you all just " fans " of your favorite politicians or parties ?   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

latinos are on a whole believers in God, very family oriented, and quite conservative in all their values.

I bet if and when a Latino runs for President he will be a Conservative, and he will support ID laws, proper entry into the country, and a strong border.

Perhaps those IDs shall be easier to get in time for the election.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I see hillbilly/softlaw/trotter got one of his aliases banned again...Political forums belong on another forum altogether.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Voter Id has been pretty much proven non-existant.  95% of all reported cases of been mail-in registration.  THe fact is voter ID laws supress the vote of a population that is highly likely to vote democract....but in reality has alienated the largest growing voter base in the country.  Because that policy of supression has led to just that and racial profling......and the republicans still don't get it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts