October get together

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

October get together

I am going to be visiting friends and family on the east coast in October. Several of us are tentatively planning a get-together so we can meet face to face. So far we have just four of us who have expressed an interest in doing this. We might try to meet at a local sports pub, probably somewhere near the north shore area, and take in a World Series game (just one idea). I did this once with a group of Celtics fans who posted on a forum I posted on a few years ago and it worked out pretty well. If anyone is interested in joining us please let me know, either on this thread, or via PM. I think Sat Oct 18 might be best since most people are still working during the week.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: October get together

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am going to be visiting friends and family on the east coast in October. Several of us are tentatively planning a get-together so we can meet face to face. So far we have just four of us who have expressed an interest in doing this. We might try to meet at a local sports pub, probably somewhere near the north shore area, and take in a World Series game (just one idea). I did this once with a group of Celtics fans who posted on a forum I posted on a few years ago and it worked out pretty well. If anyone is interested in joining us please let me know, either on this thread, or via PM. I think Sat Oct 18 might be best since most people are still working during the week.

[/QUOTE]Can you send a LIMO for me ???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

How come no one else has signed up here ???  Should be a good time !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

Sounds cool but i'm 2700 mi away. Do a Vegas get together sometime.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree!  Does sound like fun. I have not been a member for too long though and only post once in a while so nobody would no who the heck I was!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree!  Does sound like fun. I have not been a member for too long though and only post once in a while so nobody would no who the heck I was!

[/QUOTE]

Give me a break

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give me a break

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Amazing since we live only about 15-20 miles apart and I play in some senior tennis matches at Rolling Hills and Pioneer Park that your projected get together some 3000 miles away on the Right Coast  interested me. My roots are in New England too having spent my first 21 years there ( Portland) and I go back at least once per year...very partial to the better seafood there once I get my fill of the fried clams, crabcakes etc. but I love the white flaky Haddock(best Fish & Chips) and, of course, Lobsters with Claws &  "Steammas" !!!

But we are leaving Sept 15-returning Oct 14. It might be a bit too cold end of Oct in 50s and 40s at night but, hopefully, the "skeeters" ...mosquitoes for the uniformed will be gone. I have relatives in Conn, Mass, NH & Maine.  Some in Conn are Yankees fans...UGH !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I might be attending an World Series game in Seattle that week.

Or not.

But your get-together sounds like a good time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I'll show up only if you can guarantee that Pike will be there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you allowed to leave your room at night?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sounds great, Pumpsie,  But we (the good wife n I) just arranged (to go to) a similar trip with like-minded folks late in September.  Enjoy yourselves,  And if you wait 1 more season, maybe we can load up that World Series trip!  I expect the Sox to be in the mix again next year.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I might be attending an World Series game in Seattle that week.

Or not.

But your get-together sounds like a good time.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

How's it feel to have hope again, Hill?  :0)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

It's been a long time.

My first-born was startng kindergarten the last time the Mariners played in the postseason and she's starting college this fall.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It's been a long time.

My first-born was startng kindergarten the last time the Mariners played in the postseason and she's starting college this fall.

Good Luck going forward , hill. As great as it is to see your team win it all, I'm of the belief, it's not only good for baseball to see different franchises win, but the reward for all the fans who have stuck by them, through thick or thin. Well, that, and ABY....anybody but Yankees 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

It's been a long time.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

It makes it sweeter when it comes around, friend!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I am going to bump up this thread just once to see if there is anyone who didn't see it the first time around. If there is no interest in meeting up thats fine too. Let me know if you live in the area and want to join us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

I am going to bump up this thread just once to see if there is anyone who didn't see it the first time around. If there is no interest in meeting up thats fine too. Let me know if you live in the area and want to join us.

[/QUOTE]

October is one of the worst times for me to get away from work.

Do a Florida trip, and I'm in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I wish it was west coast..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

West Coast of the US, or west coast of Florida?  If it's Florida you're talking about I know this great little Country Club.....  

[object HTMLDivElement]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are enough of us out here to do one here too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

It's been a long time.

Can you imagine if the other Wild Card team has to face King Felix. I would make sure he would be starting. Hope you make it in Hill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now you're talking!  We could get fried clams at the Woodhouse Fish Co. in SF (cheaper than Kelly's ... go figure).

I finally found the freaking front burner!  I thought the forums had died.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll show up only if you can guarantee that Pike will be there.

[/QUOTE]

Why?

Do you own a gun?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to joel49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now you're talking!  We could get fried clams at the Woodhouse Fish Co. in SF (cheaper than Kelly's ... go figure).

I finally found the freaking front burner!  I thought the forums had died.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Besides you and I, SFBostonfan and Ampoule are out here, at least some of the time. I would be up for meeting at Woodhouse. 

Sections
Shortcuts