Odds vs 2011?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Odds vs 2011?

In 2011 we were 17-12 in August before the disastrous 7-20 of September, losing about three quarters of the games played in that month.

I think we'd have to win something like two thirds of our remaining games to win 90.

Do you see the odds on that being over or under 1,000 to 1?

And then, the AL East sucks so bad this year that the West could easily pick up two WCs, even if Central did not merit one ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Re: Odds vs 2011?

In response to lasitter's comment:

In 2011 we were 17-12 in August before the disastrous 7-20 of September, losing about three quarters of the games played in that month.

I think we'd have to win something like two thirds of our remaining games to win 90.

And then, the AL East sucks so bad this year that the West could easily pick up two WCs, even if Central did not merit one ...

Boston is 55-65.  In order to win 90 games they would have to go 35-7.

The AL East does not suck.  As a division, the AL East is 15 games over .500.  That is the best in baseball.

The Red Sox are 36-33 outside the division. And 19-32 inside the division.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

As weak as MLB is this year, I could actually perceive the SOX winning 2/3 of their remaining games. However, your math is a little skewered; the SOX would have to win 80% of their remaining 42 games to reach 90 wins. If they win 2/3 of their remaining games, they'll end up with 83 wins. So, no playoffs for the SOX this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Personally I hope this does not happen, they play good enough to finish to pick 12th in Draft, then they sign a  Free Agent with a QO, they would lose the 12th pick. Since season is shot, hope they finish in bottom 11. Then signing a Free Agent is a win-win situation.
    As of this moment we are 8th, last week we were 5th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    "Boston is 55-65.  In order to win 90 games they would have to go 35-7."

I blew the math, thanks. So 10,000:1 is more like it ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I predict the Sox end up with about 79 wins.  They will be slightly better than .500 the rest of The way....    24  -  18

Sections
Shortcuts