Of the 4 professional Boston coaches who deserves to be the highest paid?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

Re: Of the 4 professional Boston coaches who deserves to be the highest paid?

In Response to Re: Of the 4 professional Boston coaches who deserves to be the highest paid?:
    [QUOTE]Because of salary cap, 3 Super Bowls wins, first 16-0 regualr season in history, (remember 16 game season). Cry all you want about not winning lately, hands down the best coach in New England. Forgot they go 11-5, with a 7th round pick at QB, tons of roster moves last year, still go 14-2. Maybe Rod Rust is the choice here for the spoiled Patriot fans.

Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

But he still can't win playoff games without weis, crennel and pioli.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Who lies away at night in bed trying to think up threads like this one? Not me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Who goes out of there way to comment on a discussion they profess to not be interested in?  Not me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Of the 4 professional Boston coaches who deserves to be the highest paid?:
    [QUOTE]Belli should be the lowest paid coach. The Pats have lost their last 3 post season games.  They haven't won a playoff game since 2007. Belli is coasting on past accomplishments.  One more post season performance like last year, and he should be fired. For the past 3 years, Belli has by far the worst post season record or all of the head coaches in NE professional sports. Belli travels to away games 8 times a year.  All of the other coaches spend way more time of the road and away from their families.  Tito, Claude,and Doc have a much bigger impact on their teams' revenue. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]The revenue argument is pretty mute. After all the NFL is unique in that the primary driver is national TV revenue, not attendance and not local media rights. Part of the parity formula.

NFL coaches make more because their impact is greater, it isn't just in Boston, that is industry wide. Bellichick acts as GM and coach, meaning he does more than any of his counter parts, in a sport where his impact is greater as a coach and the GM job requires developing and maintaining a roster of 50 plus. Now being a baseball GM is tougher because their is much more player development beyond their 40 man roster. But it is still a hard task.

All four of the guys at the head the Boston teams is good. Three of the four are recognized as being an elite circle amongst their peers. Bellichick is a sure fire HOFer and arguably as good or better than Lombardi, Brown, Landry or Walsh. maintaining the run of excellence he has in a sport with so much parity built into the system is applaudable.

Is contratrian to suggest that Doc or Claude or Tito should be paid more in an industries that don't pay the head man as well as the NFL pays.

Now OTOH if somebody wanted to say Bellichick could not last 3 years as the head man of the Boston Red Sox because having to deal with the media on 1000 plus occasions versus the 100 times Bill has to as an NFL head coach, that's a different kettle of fish. Bill's bedside manner would kill him as the head man of this market's baseball team. he makes Jimy seem like the fountain of warmth and free flowing information.     

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

The Pats don't have the market cornered on sustained success in the parity rich NFL.  Since the Pats last won a SB plenty of teams have had as much success as NE.  It is funny how long a leash BB bought himself with success 7-10 years ago but how Tito doesn't seem to get the same leash (at least from what I hear) for success he had 4-7 years ago.

I also think calling BB the "greatest mind in NFL history" is a stretch.  Walsh is #1, look at his coaching tree.  You could also argue Parcells, BB's mentor, has been more influential considering he produced SB winners Payton and Coughlin whereas BB has produced Jmac and Man gina.

Doc Rivers, best coach/manager in town.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Of the 4 professional Boston coaches who deserves to be the highest paid? : The revenue argument is pretty mute. After all the NFL is unique in that the primary driver is national TV revenue, not attendance and not local media rights. Part of the parity formula. NFL coaches make more because their impact is greater, it isn't just in Boston, that is industry wide. Bellichick acts as GM and coach, meaning he does more than any of his counter parts, in a sport where his impact is greater as a coach and the GM job requires developing and maintaining a roster of 50 plus. Now being a baseball GM is tougher because their is much more player development beyond their 40 man roster. But it is still a hard task. All four of the guys at the head the Boston teams is good. Three of the four are recognized as being an elite circle amongst their peers. Bellichick is a sure fire HOFer and arguably as good or better than Lombardi, Brown, Landry or Walsh. maintaining the run of excellence he has in a sport with so much parity built into the system is applaudable. Is contratrian to suggest that Doc or Claude or Tito should be paid more in an industries that don't pay the head man as well as the NFL pays. Now OTOH if somebody wanted to say Bellichick could not last 3 years as the head man of the Boston Red Sox because having to deal with the media on 1000 plus occasions versus the 100 times Bill has to as an NFL head coach, that's a different kettle of fish. Bill's bedside manner would kill him as the head man of this market's baseball team. he makes Jimy seem like the fountain of warmth and free flowing information.     
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]
    Bellichick the greatest NFL mind of all time? Did you even watch football before 2000?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Of the 4 professional Boston coaches who deserves to be the highest paid? : Bellichick the greatest NFL mind of all time? Did you even watch football before 2000?
    Posted by StatsFromLouie[/QUOTE]I never said that. I said as good or better than Lombardi (his schemes are way more complex), Brown (he deals with way more parity), Landry and Walsh.

Personally I am partial to Walsh who really changed football forever with the West Coast offense and gave Brown much of his extra cache he earned with the Bengals. Walsh designed the West Coast in the Bengals first year to cover the fact they did not have a quality front line. Landry is another favorite of mine but he had a lot less input into personnel than Belichick has had.

Parcell's is very notable but just how many Super Bowl trips did he make without Bill? And for all he fashions himself to be a player personnel guy his tenure in Miami sort of proves that Kraft was right to not let him "shop for the groceries." 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

WALLY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Parcells left the Cowboys with a far better roster(groceries) than he arrived with.  No one knew he Tony Romo was, only Parcells did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Of the 4 professional Boston coaches who deserves to be the highest paid? : I'd be fine with it if he wanted to take Phil Jackson's vacancy.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't imagine that the Lakers or any other NBA team would give Pitino a chance of coaching in the NBA again.  Although, I suppose that anything is possible.   Success in college doesn't always guarantee success in the NBA. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I wonder what 249 other Susan's think.