OFF BASEBALL TOPIC DAVEY JONES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

OFF BASEBALL TOPIC DAVEY JONES

FOR ALL OF US OLD ENOUGHT DAVEY JONES OF THE MONKEES PASSED AWAY TODAY.
    THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT MUSIC DAVEY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: OFF BASEBALL TOPIC DAVEY JONES

RIP Davy

I opened a thread in the music forum on this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

The Terry Francona of pop music...never has someone been given so much credit for doing nothing...

they were an invention...the only one who actually had talent was Nesmith..Tork could play a lil too, but Jones was cute...

he had a good life....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Was singing Day dream believer just this morning...another one gone, found out a few days ago my former neighbor passed away last weekend at 56...sheesh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: OFF BASEBALL TOPIC DAVEY JONES:
    [QUOTE]The Terry Francona of pop music...never has someone been given so much credit for doing nothing... they were an invention...the only one who actually had talent was Nesmith..Tork could play a lil too, but Jones was cute... he had a good life....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

WOW you really are and azz ho!e of great proportions.
    You had better read where they came from and what they did before the Monkees and after.Both Tork and Nesmith played guitar as did Dolenz but was asked to learn the drums. Dolenz and Jones both had very good acting careeers before the Monkees. Afterwards they both had very decent solo careers touring. And if you ever saw Jones in concert as I have you may have had a very good time.

Sorry Mr. Jones God Bless

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I'm a Believer - New song for Pink Hat's

Last Train to Clarksville

(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone

Pleasant Valley Sunday

All Classics...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OFF BASEBALL TOPIC DAVEY JONES : WOW you really are and azz ho!e of great proportions. You had better read where they came from and what they did before the Monkees and after.Both Tork and Nesmith played guitar as did Dolenz but was asked to learn the drums. Dolenz and Jones both had very good acting careeers before the Monkees. Afterwards they both had very decent solo careers touring. And if you ever saw Jones in concert as I have you may have had a very good time. Sorry Mr. Jones God Bless
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

What some people don't realize is that Davy could actually play the drums, but they thought he was too short and wouldn't be seen behind the drum set.  If you watch any of their live footage, when Dolenz comes to the front to sing, Jones covers the drums sometimes.

Sirius/XM 60's on 6 has been doing a good tribute today.  Playing a lot of Monkees' songs that weren't hits, like The Porpoise Song and D.W. Washburn.  They also just played a song that Davy recorded a few weeks ago.  Pretty cool.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Loved D.W. Washburn; this song WAS briefly on the Pop Charts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

RIP.  The Monkees were pretty entertaining.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]Loved D.W. Washburn; this song WAS briefly on the Pop Charts
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you would not call it a hit, and you rarely hear it on the radio anymore.  Man, now they are playing a version of "It Ain't Me Babe" that Davy recorded in 1965 with help from David Gates.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Tork did the singing i believe, jones didnt do anything orginally but then later was taught the drums, but he was too short so they moved him to lead....they group did actually tour and played live but like scientology, they were wholly created by someone for the purpose of cashing in on the beatles...

trust me, davy jones had a good life   66 is too young to die but like i said, he did OK!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I wanna be free.............................................

May God Bless David Jones as his mortality takes him away from mankind's nightmare of "if it feels good and involves two consenting adults" worldly utopian vision. Teen idol who wasn't able to transition his entertainment career beyond that typecast. Family suffered from the hedonism that is the essence of the entertainment business and the new American State endorsed behavorial value.

Leaves some very good musical performances behind, which isn't important. What is important is that he and his family be cradled in the warm sun of the Holy Spirit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Tork did the singing i believe, jones didnt do anything orginally but then later was taught the drums, but he was too short so they moved him to lead....they group did actually tour and played live but like scientology, they were wholly created by someone for the purpose of cashing in on the beatles... trust me, davy jones had a good life   66 is too young to die but like i said, he did OK!

Did you know that Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys only played on about half the BB actual recordings? In fact, many of their actual recordings had studio musicians.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]The Terry Francona of pop music...never has someone been given so much credit for doing nothing... they were an invention...the only one who actually had talent was Nesmith..Tork could play a lil too, but Jones was cute... he had a good life....
    Not your classiest post, geo...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Nesmith is extremely musically gifted and highly intelligent. Correct, Geo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So does this mean David Bowie finally can change his name back?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Tork did the singing i believe, jones didnt do anything orginally but then later was taught the drums, but he was too short so they moved him to lead....they group did actually tour and played live but like scientology, they were wholly created by someone for the purpose of cashing in on the beatles... trust me, davy jones had a good life   66 is too young to die but like i said, he did OK!

No way!! Someone in Hollywood tried to make money?!!?

Thankfully this was an isolated incident...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Randy Scouse Git, the Porpoise Song, Pleasant Valley Sunday, Listen to the Band, the Girl I knew Somewhere, ... the list goes on and on. There will always be an ear willing to sing along with Daydream Believer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Some folks just live for the chance to be the turd in the pool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Next thing you'll say is The Partridge Family were an "invention" too.  Cry

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OFF BASEBALL TOPIC DAVEY JONES : Next thing you'll say is The Partridge Family were an "invention" too. 
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

Heat Miser, love it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I saw the Monkees perform almost twenty three years ago, great fun.  I had a crush on Davey when I was in junior high school. No worries, I'm female ;0)

I'm sorry to hear of his passing.  My condolences go out to his family and friends.

May he rest in peace.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]I saw the Monkees perform almost twenty three years ago, great fun.  I had a crush on Davey when I was in junior high school. No worries, I'm female ;0) I'm sorry to hear of his passing.  My condolences go out to his family and friends.   May he rest in peace.
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]

1967 was a great year. I got hooked the Sox and the second Monkey's album came out (my favorite).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]So does this mean David Bowie finally can change his name back?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely! Not many people know that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Trivia question: A parent of one of the Monkees invented something I'm sure all of us have used at least once (though probably not as much now, which is kind of a hint). Anyone know?
    (On your honor not to cheat).