1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: Off Sub, SI Swim Chics...

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Nothing more beautiful on this planet than a healthy young female.

We agree on something. First day back in awhile and catching up on the world of sports took a unexpected turn. Don't hurt yourself pop's.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Men selling women selling sex to men who pay top dollar for it.

Men don't own women. These women agreed to sell themselves as sexual objects.

Always so busy hating women that you forget to judge the p.i.m.p. and the john when you are judging the prostitute.

Always so busy injecting the bugaboo "hating" to deflect from the responsibility that these women have for their own actions. There ae no "pimps" in this case, at all.

There are a lot of good women. Unfortunately, they are a small minorty of women in American culture. Pretty clear that it is these, and most women, who, willingly, value easier money more than being sold as sexual objects. Very demeaning and degrading to the women who sincerely denounce selling sex. A majority of women feign indignation at being sexually objectified, but do nothing among their peers to denounce it. Reminds me of how the Leftists disgacefully treated our troops in Vietnam and served as a motavating force for the communists. Afghanastan is being prosecuted as a political war with internal factors that puts our troops on a slaughter clock that will change nothing! Where is the Left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quiet as affected mice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Well, again, put the judgement where ever you like, in your case always the woman.  To me, the selling of female sexuality is about the insatiable market.  The insidious and irrespressible male gaze.  Thousands of years of patricarchal structure that condones and promotes the objectification of women and the basest of male carnal instincts.  

You blame the woman.  I blame the man.  Lets call the whole thing off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

For me the thrill of the SI swimsuit issue ended around the time of Christie Brinkley and Kathy Ireland.  I'm a little surprised it's such a big deal anymore.  It's not that the women aren't spectacular, but on today's internet, pictures of spectacular babes is kind of an oversaturated market.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

You blame the woman.  I blame the man.

It's about responsibility for actions. These women are responsible for willingly selling themselves as sexual objects. The motivaton of easy money doesn't change responsiblity. Some women say "no". For those who say yes,, they are and should be free to do so; and responsible for doing so. Women should not pretend that the commercial sexual objectification of females is the responsibliy of men.  

American culture and responsiblity are divorced, which is reflected in the defiicits and the natonal debt.

That men are titilated by these images is nature. It doesn't change the fact that these young (soon to be old) women are responsible for selling themselves as sexual objects. There is no question that it is demeaning to them and does a disservice to women. Women, collectively, can end commercial female sexual objectification by making the difficult but responsible personal decision. Women, collectitvely, can also nearly eliminate pediatric poverty by taking responsiblity for their sexual behavioral decisions. Saying no to money, and men, may be difficult, but taking the moral road is nearly always more difficult than personal indulgence.

Well, there it is.  You put all the onus on the woman to take responsibility for sexual behavioral decisions.  Absolving males of that responsibility strikes me as a. extremely bigoted and b. morally perverted.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Unless we are talking about masturbation, not attaching heterosexual decision-making to both men and women is what is absurd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

who cares??

they are making a living just like everyone else on the planet. they use their body to make money just like most everyone else in the work force.

if there wasn't a market for it then they would be out of work no??

would you rather them make money or leech off the system??

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

who cares??

they are making a living just like everyone else on the planet. they use their body to make money just like most everyone else in the work force.

if there wasn't a market for it then they would be out of work no??

would you rather them make money or leech off the system??

You obviously didn't read or can't understand my prior comments:

"Some women say "no". For those who say yes,, they are and should be free to do so; and responsible for doing so. Women should not pretend that the commercial sexual objectification of females is the responsibliy of men."  

it's not the responsibility of men but it is the result of men. If men didn't sink money into sex (if you don't believe me just look to the old addage "sex sells") then there would be no money in the field for them to make a living..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Speaking of women, tomorrow is Valentine's Day.  I have not prepared anything yet for my girlfriend.   LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Silly argument here. Of course these women are "responsible" for their choice of career, just as anyone else here is for theirs. No one forced them to do what they do, no one was coerced or harmed - and I don't know what the going rate for supermodels is, but I'm sure they make a very nice living.

On the other hand, I fail to see the problem with any of that (whereas when Softlaw says "They are responsible for their actions," he means it by way of condemnation). Life is so much simpler when you don't go through it trying to play moral police and sitting in judgment of other people's actions.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

it's not the responsibility of men but it is the result of men. If men didn't sink money into sex (if you don't believe me just look to the old addage "sex sells") then there would be no money in the field for them to make a living..

Correct, but the result comes from women who make and are responsible for the decision. The reality is that American culture is about excuses and no responsiblity for personal decision The reality is that there would be no commercial market if women said no to the money. 

Also, these mods are so quick to viewpoint censor, but they are sure taking their sweet time in deleting the intelletual property images, supra, that have been posted without the required permission from the owner who paid these women for these sexual objectification images.

it's easy to say to say that but in reality, people are looking for financial security and these women make a hell of a lot more as a model than they would doing most anything else. Your a lawyer right? well just say no to the money and go work at a valvoline..

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

amazing women - but they are also made up/photoshopped as well...just give me a nice woman in her 40s, in decent shape, that watches the ball game with me....

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

but they are also made up/photoshopped as well...just give me a nice woman in her 40s, in decent shape, that watches the ball game with me....

Keep an open mind to women, without regard to shape and watching ballgames. Consider broadening your horizon.

By the way, Geo, do you know the name of the girl with the "right shape" who will be paid by NESN, this year? 

"Dating tips by Softaw" One of the worlds thinnest books.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Unless we are talking about masturbation, not attaching heterosexual decision-making to both men and women is what is absurd.

What is absurd is placing the responsiblity for the personal decison to engage in sexual behavior, on someone else.

Softy, you are a "lawyer", so lets do some investigation.  Lets follow the money to draw some conclusions:  any one of these lovely SI swimsuit models who made the choice (for which she is soley responsible for) to pose in the much-ballyhooed swimsuit issue, she makes between a few grand and few hundred grand for the already famous models (i just looked that up on the internet).  Not bad, not incredible.  In fact, chump change in the grand scheme.  Now, how much does Sprts Illustrated pull in for the swimsuit issue in sales and advertising?  The issue accounts for more than 7% of the magazines entire ad revenue!  Not counting subscriptions, the single copy purchases were $7 million last year.  Then lets factor in what the jewelery and swimsuit companies make from sales generated from the issue.

So, what is absurd is to think that the models are any more responsible than the men (and women) who actually are the driving force behind this cash cow.  Let the money talk.  

I dont personally think there is anything to "take responsibility for" here.  But if there was, I am going to lay that responsibility more with the people who are making the real dough off of it.

If you think these girls are prostituting themselves without pimps, that is just not paying attention.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Nothing more beautiful on this planet than a healthy young female.

We agree on something. First day back in awhile and catching up on the world of sports took a unexpected turn. Don't hurt yourself pop's.

I'm not your Pops. I've made a few mistakes in life but you're not one of them.

The stalker returns.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts