OFF Topic - Dennis Rodman, Diplomat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: OFF Topic - Dennis Rodman, Diplomat

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

To think he got to shagg Carmen Electra.

Or Madonna?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

They should revoke Rodman's passport and let him live in N.K.

lol..Yes :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The North Korean government is using Rodman for "propaganda" purposes. 

I grew up in South Korea and since elementary school, we were taught that the United States were our heros and main ally.  The Soviets, Chinese, and North Koreans were considered as dirty and evil red commies.  LOL 

In the early 80s, President Reagan visited South Korea and all students in Seoul skipped school, stood along the sidewalks, and waved American and South Korean flags.  I was excited because class was dismissed.  Laughing

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I grew up in South Korea and since elementary school, we were taught that the United States were our heros and main ally.  The Soviets, Chinese, and North Koreans were considered as dirty and evil red commies.  LOL 

In the early 80s, President Reagan visited South Korea and all students in Seoul skipped school, stood along the sidewalks, and waved American and South Korean flags.  I was excited because class was dismissed.  Laughing

I can understand your sentiment.  It's nice to feel like you have an ally forever.

Unfortunately, Poland felt the same way until the current administration cancelled the NATO missile defense system.  Also, Poland has ALWAYS supported the US, never wavering once in its support.  After what Russia did to Poland after WW-2, I don't blame the Poles for having negative feelings against the Soviets.  Especially now, with Putin(the ex-KGB leader)  leading the way.

So, if I were Korean, I'd like to know that the US holds steady with its support.  Who knows what would happen if we pulled out?  It could possibly open the door to the nutcake Jung-un invading the south.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

lol...dennis rodman is harmless.

damaging?  try looking at GM & Ford (with the blessings of teh US Govt) building panzer's in their factories in Germany during WWII.

damaging?  take a look at United Fruit Company (with the blessings of the US Govt) history in Guatemala.

or any of our black bag stuff  in South America / Central America / Cuba during the 1900's.

anyone pull a tour in Iraq during the mid 2000's?  clear a suspected (or not so suspected) house? - we pull a pin and chuck it in.  any idea how many women and childrens bodies were stepped over in US combat boots? 

Dennis Rodman is a joke.  but he has just as much right to come back and live in 'Merica as anyone.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

damaging?  try looking at GM & Ford (with the blessings of teh US Govt) building panzer's in their factories in Germany during WWII.

damaging?  take a look at United Fruit Company (with the blessings of the US Govt) history in Guatemala.

or any of our black bag stuff  in South America / Central America / Cuba during the 1900's.

anyone pull a tour in Iraq during the mid 2000's?  clear a suspected (or not so suspected) house? - we pull a pin and chuck it in.  any idea how many women and childrens bodies were stepped over in US combat boots? 

Dennis Rodman is a joke.  but he has just as much right to come back and live in 'Merica as anyone.....

There will always be a place in DYSFUNCTIONAL AMERICA for the likes of wackos like Rodman !!

Amen.  We would be much more functional if we could lock-up/kick-out anyone we deem unacceptable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Nothing more despicable then a self loathing American.

Do you honestly believe that the executives of Ford motor company had control over their plants in Nazi Germany during WW II??

This is what Ford actually did during the second world war.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iKlt6rNciTo?rel=0

Dennis Rodman is a tool, there's a reason he's known as the worm.

You have to wonder what it is he receives from his good buddy in NK for his devout loyalty.

I have my thoughts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Do you honestly believe that the executives of Ford motor company had control over their plants in Nazi Germany during WW II??

lol...not "self loathing"...just not naive.  i love america.  that's why a citizen like dennis rodman can do what he is doing and not be "kicked out".  cause it's 'Merica.

nothing i stated is inaccurate...

Ford & GM double dipped.  the "Executives" profitted from building tanks & aircraft for the USA while they also profitted from their plants in Germany building panzers & messerschmitts.  this is documented fact.

Have you ever research how we did Guatemala?  whatever terrible things dennis rodman is doing in NK i am pretty sure he is not financing the slaughter of men, women & children.

i will ask again....did you serve in Iraq during the early to mid 2000's?   did you ever serve "your" country?

"blind" support for our country is fine.  just dont call out another citizen for enjoying his freedoms in a way you dont approve of.

that is all......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

lol...not "self loathing"...just not naive.  i love america.  that's why a citizen like dennis rodman can do what he is doing and not be "kicked out".  cause it's 'Merica.

nothing i stated is inaccurate...

Ford & GM double dipped.  the "Executives" profitted from building tanks & aircraft for the USA while they also profitted from their plants in Germany building panzers & messerschmitts.  this is documented fact.

Have you ever research how we did Guatemala?  whatever terrible things dennis rodman is doing in NK i am pretty sure he is not financing the slaughter of men, women & children.

i will ask again....did you serve in Iraq during the early to mid 2000's?   did you ever serve "your" country?

"blind" support for our country is fine.  just dont call out another citizen for enjoying his freedoms in a way you dont approve of.

that is all......

BS.

The Nazis took control of all American interests in Germany when they declared war on the US.

Next you'll be telling us the Jews forced into slave labor also profited by building up the Nazi war machine.

Your comments are absolutely silly.

It was the American people, the American military who freed all of Europe from the scourge of the Nazis, it was the Marshall plan that rebuilt Europe after the Nazis were defeated.

Maybe Dennis and buddies got to sit in to watch Kim Jong-Un feed his uncle to a pack of ravenous hunting dogs.

Fun stuff!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

BS.

The Nazis took control of all American interests in Germany when they declared war on the US.

Next you'll be telling us the Jews forced into slave labor also profited by building up the Nazi war machine?

It was the American people, the American military who freed all of Europe from the scourge of the Nazis, it was the Marshall plan that rebuilt Europe after the Nazis were defeated.

Maybe Dennis and buddies got to sit in to watch Kim Jong-Un feed his uncle to a pack of ravenous hunting dogs.

Fun stuff!!

i would never say that about the Jewish people.  please dont try and put words into my mouth.  especially in such a sensitive topic. 

dude...careful what you call BS

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/nov98/nazicars30.htm

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

BS.

Next you'll be telling us the Jews forced into slave labor also profited by building up the Nazi war machine?

Fun stuff!!

i would never say that about the Jewish people.  please dont try and put words into my mouth.  especially in such a sensitive topic. 

So you googled to try and find information to support your contentions and only come up with an article 15 years old from the WP, that states the charges that you too are making are hanging your hat on are "ALLEGED".

Great research. You can indict a ham sandwich for murder on the internet.

Like I said before your charges are BS.

•  

BS.

Fun stuff!!

A federal judge in New Jersey dismissed the case in September 1999, saying the resolution of such matters should left to international treaties between countries. The plaintiffs appealed, but just before the appeal was set to be heard, a $5-billion settlement of Holocaust-related claims against German companies was consummated and the appeal was mooted.

Thursday's report states that Ford lost operational control of Ford-Werke, originally opened in 1931, after the Nazi government seized the company's assets in 1941 and that the parent company had no further communication with the Cologne plant until the war ended. Ford regained control of the plant in 1948.

Moreover, the report said, although Ford-Werke made money during the early years of the war--manufacturing military trucks and armored personnel carriers--none of the funds were provided to the parent company, and the plant was so severely damaged at the end of the war that Ford was a net loser.

According to the report, most companies in Germany used conscripts because of labor shortages brought on by the war. By 1944, Ford-Werke was using Belgian, Italian, Russian and Ukrainian civilians as forced laborers in the plant, as well as prisoners from the Buchenwald concentration camp.

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/dec/07/business/fi-12269

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

BS.

Fun stuff!!

A federal judge in New Jersey dismissed the case in September 1999, saying the resolution of such matters should left to international treaties between countries. The plaintiffs appealed, but just before the appeal was set to be heard, a $5-billion settlement of Holocaust-related claims against German companies was consummated and the appeal was mooted.

Thursday's report states that Ford lost operational control of Ford-Werke, originally opened in 1931, after the Nazi government seized the company's assets in 1941 and that the parent company had no further communication with the Cologne plant until the war ended. Ford regained control of the plant in 1948.

Moreover, the report said, although Ford-Werke made money during the early years of the war--manufacturing military trucks and armored personnel carriers--none of the funds were provided to the parent company, and the plant was so severely damaged at the end of the war that Ford was a net loser.

According to the report, most companies in Germany used conscripts because of labor shortages brought on by the war. By 1944, Ford-Werke was using Belgian, Italian, Russian and Ukrainian civilians as forced laborers in the plant, as well as prisoners from the Buchenwald concentration camp.

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/dec/07/business/fi-12269

Interesting info...thank you

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

So you googled to try and find information to support your contentions and only come up with an article 15 years old from the WP, that states the charges that you too are making are hanging your hat on are "ALLEGED".

lol...there is like a million articles just like the one i linked.  really the article simply needed to be written after 1945, no?  does it matter if it was written in 1998 or 2008?  no.

believe what you want to believe.  i honestly dont care. 

here is one thing we can all agree on....THE BOSTON RED SOX ARE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS.

lol...there is like a million articles just like the one i linked.  really the article simply needed to be written after 1945, no?  does it matter if it was written in 1998 or 2008?  no.

believe what you want to believe.  i honestly dont care. 

here is one thing we can all agree on....THE BOSTON RED SOX ARE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS.

I'm skeptical of any claims I read made on this site or on the internet where anyone can claim anything to be fact. 

I typically challenge outlandish comments that are made without factual basis when I know better.

As the expression goes you are entitled to your own opinions but not entitled to your own facts.

I am flexible, my opinions can be changed but not without a convincing  argument and this is where you come up short.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Stick to Guatemala, you have a bit more to work with there.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

There will always be a place in DYSFUNCTIONAL AMERICA for the likes of wackos like Rodman !!

Amen.  We would be much more functional if we could lock-up/kick-out anyone we deem unacceptable.

As Jack Nicholson would say .......   "YOUR GOSH DARN RIGHT"  !!!!!!!!

North Korea:  very functional.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

A professor of Korean studies at Columbia University claims this is a good thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/07/sports/basketball/rodman-leading-team-of-improbable-emissaries.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&ref=sports

Columbia University? Really? The same one of that teaches the beliefs of Alinsky, Cloward, & Piven? They have as much credibility as Hamburger University.

Hamburger UniversityWikipedia: Hamburger University is a training facility of McDonald's Corporation, located in Oak Brook, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

rodman is just a stupidazz freak...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Good post .......  The only surprise here is, that with the "BIG O" in such a mess that he has created in the Middle East, the surprise is that the N K president as not strayed from the reservation and started "stuff" over there !!!

Thank you Bill-806   Laughing

Kim Jong Un is a maniac just like his grandfather and father.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I can understand your sentiment.  It's nice to feel like you have an ally forever.

Unfortunately, Poland felt the same way until the current administration cancelled the NATO missile defense system.  Also, Poland has ALWAYS supported the US, never wavering once in its support.  After what Russia did to Poland after WW-2, I don't blame the Poles for having negative feelings against the Soviets.  Especially now, with Putin(the ex-KGB leader)  leading the way.

So, if I were Korean, I'd like to know that the US holds steady with its support.  Who knows what would happen if we pulled out?  It could possibly open the door to the nutcake Jung-un invading the south.

Hello ampoule   Laughing

The United States holds steady with its support to South Korea.  There are around 30,000 U.S. troops stationed in South Korea to help protect us from the North.  I sincerely appreciate each U.S. troop being away from his/her family to help protect the South.  

While growing up in South Korea, I often watched "AFKN" (American Forces Korea Network).  It showed popular TV shows such as WWE, Beverly Hills 90210, and soap operas such as "General Hospital".  So while growing up, my image of America was "Rich, successful and beautiful people who enjoy making love".   LOL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Just to put this (semi) on topic;  did anyone mention that the worm was wearing a Red Sox hat? (Yuk). (Of course, a Yankee friend had to drop the expected, "typical Red Sox fan" thing on me  last night)

BTW. I just finished some great Kimchi

• Sections
    Shortcuts