OFF Topic - Dennis Rodman, Diplomat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: OFF Topic - Dennis Rodman, Diplomat

I have no problem with holding out the olive branch, as a matter of fact I endorse it.  In the end it isn't about us our the dictatorship over their and our own convictions towards each other it's about the millions of people who have a horrible existance and are starving to death.

What I do have a problem with his how Rodman seems to cozy up to Kim and treat him like a great friend who does the world good.  To me that makes Rodman look like more of a conspirator than an ambassador....If he was secretly behind the scenese trying to influence Kim and how he treated his people I might change my mind.....but I think Rodman is just a delusional man.

Perhaps they are perfect for each other. BFF's 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I heard that Rodman, is a special agent acting on behalf of the "BIG O" himself !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I heard that Rodman, is a special agent acting on behalf of the "BIG O" himself !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Dirty commies, all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They should revoke Rodman's passport and let him live in N.K.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, let him go live with his new best friend. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A professor of Korean studies at Columbia University claims this is a good thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/07/sports/basketball/rodman-leading-team-of-improbable-emissaries.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&ref=sports

[/QUOTE]

Rodman needs the spotlight and he will do anything to get it. Tough when your old and don't get all the attention. He needs a Tatoo on his tongue.Filthy rich Loser !! Yes they have them too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They should revoke Rodman's passport and let him live in N.K.

[/QUOTE]

YES !!! A thousand times yes ... What a nice meal he would make once they got sick of his crap !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Those dogs are getting hungry Dennis, time to come home

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Rodman is deep undercover for a very silent branch of the cia.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I actually feel sorry for the guy.  He is a very sick man.  Not only does he have a drinking / who knows what else problem, but he clearly has mental health issues!  No question about it!  Why in god's name I ever thought this could somehow stumble into being a potential breakthrough opportunity, is now beyond me????   I was a fool for thinking this could potentially help.  

Ok.....  This may sound a bit crazy, but I've enjoyed watching The Celbrity Apprentice with my 16 yr. old son over the past few years.  DR was on it a couple years ago, & was a predictable train wreck.  Falling asleep etc.......   Donald Trump brought him back last year to help resurrect his BROKEN image.  I was rooting for the guy, as I hate to see somebody CRASH AND BURN.  Believe it or not, I actually even root for Pike to catch a clue.  Long story short, DR did ok.  He actually acquitted himself with a modicum of respect.  

Flash forward......   I was rooting for DR to pull off the highly improbable........   Sadly, he has seen thrust into an international incident of epic proportions.  He is clearly.."..  "in the tank."  Ripped out of his mind, once again.  How is it that this admin. Allows a guy who is clearly beyond compromised to make such a quasi-diplomatic endevor?  Who were the other clowns surrounding this poor soul during this interview with CNN?  One does not simply stumble into & out of N Korea????   

very sad situation.  I apologize for my misguided optimism earlier in this thread.

I clearly should have known better!

rediculous?   

yep!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ok....  Done with the self-flagellation......   As I always been a fan of the "hail-Mary."  

What was there really to lose?????   Besides national standing.

I've now exposed my Achilles heal.  Which killed me in this weekend's Texas Hold'em.  Sure, I made it to the final 2 in the tournament, but sadly, & all too predictably, went deep............

Yep!   Crashed & burned!  Had it, but couldn't help swinging for the Downs......  Bit it!

;)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I could see it now; Dennis Rodman is the cause of the war to end all wars; not a very  complimentary legacy for the history of mankind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually feel sorry for the guy.  He is a very sick man.  Not only does he have a drinking / who knows what else problem, but he clearly has mental health issues!  No question about it!  Why in god's name I ever thought this could somehow stumble into being a potential breakthrough opportunity, is now beyond me????   I was a fool for thinking this could potentially help.  

Ok.....  This may sound a bit crazy, but I've enjoyed watching The Celbrity Apprentice with my 16 yr. old son over the past few years.  DR was on it a couple years ago, & was a predictable train wreck.  Falling asleep etc.......   Donald Trump brought him back last year to help resurrect his BROKEN image.  I was rooting for the guy, as I hate to see somebody CRASH AND BURN.  Believe it or not, I actually even root for Pike to catch a clue.  Long story short, DR did ok.  He actually acquitted himself with a modicum of respect.  

Flash forward......   I was rooting for DR to pull off the highly improbable........   Sadly, he has seen thrust into an international incident of epic proportions.  He is clearly.."..  "in the tank."  Ripped out of his mind, once again.  How is it that this admin. Allows a guy who is clearly beyond compromised to make such a quasi-diplomatic endevor?  Who were the other clowns surrounding this poor soul during this interview with CNN?  One does not simply stumble into & out of N Korea????   

very sad situation.  I apologize for my misguided optimism earlier in this thread.

I clearly should have known better!

rediculous?   

yep!  

[/QUOTE]

Dog, welcome back to earth...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could see it now; Dennis Rodman is the cause of the war to end all wars; not a very  complimentary legacy for the history of mankind.

[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for the embarrasment he's caused to his teammates.  One of them has already spoken out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OFF Topic - Dennis Rodman, Idiot

[/QUOTE]

If you think about it, it kind of shows just how dumbed down we have become. That we would pay one bit of attention to this fool, whose only skill was rebounding a missed shot. Rodman is not worthy of all this attention. My guess is that him and his deadbeat, broke NBA buddies are being paid by the North Korean president to help humanize him. A sorry state of affairs. Let's not waste any more of our time discussing this moron. 

[/QUOTE]

That's what behind it, gale. desperatley looking for attention and mental illness

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

My plan for North Korea, and the peninsula as a whole...

- withdraw all of our troops short of maintaining a naval/air base deep in the South

- tell South Korea "defend yourselves"

- allow full trade with North Korea, full diplomatic relations

- Sign an armistice 

- tell the North Koreans "mess with us and we will annihilate you"

- give McDonalds priority to establishing business in Pyongyang

- bar Rodman from returning to the US, terminate his citizenship

- tell Japan (short of maintaining one air/naval facility) "defend yourselves"

- Cut a deal with Vietnam to re-establish an air/sea base at Cam Ranh Bay

- leave China with one question in regards to their exuberant claims to all of the South China Sea "don't u have enough already?"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

- withdraw all of our troops short of maintaining a naval/air base deep in the South

- Sign an armistice 

- leave China with one question in regards to their exuberant claims to all of the South China Sea "don't u have enough already?"

[/QUOTE]

That south China Sea thing is getting interesting is it not.  I believe both Vietnam and the Philippines are stocking up on military hardware now because of it.  If anyone is curious, here's a link to the map. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:South_China_Sea_claims.jpg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

- Sign an armistice 

[/QUOTE]

Wow!!

I'll really have to think about this one.

One question that immediately jumps at me are the ultimatums presented.  Under the current administration, our ultimatums are meaningless.  Example, how many lines in the sand did we draw for Syria?  Unfortunately, our foreign policy in reality doesn't exist.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Hankuk, I contacted an asian market in a city about an hour from me and they do sell thinly sliced meat for bulgogi...:)  I'll certainly get some and start experimenting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hankuk, I contacted an asian market in a city about an hour from me and they do sell thinly sliced meat for bulgogi...:)  I'll certainly get some and start experimenting.

[/QUOTE]

That can be hard to find over there.  I remember last time I went home for a while that it was difficult to find East Asian style meat.  It may seem strange, but the reason that Korea has all these great barbeque recipes is because the meat is not really that great here.  So, it can make it hard to do a Korean recipe with what you pick up in a US grocery.  You have to know what you are requesting to get it cut right.

Oh, don't forget to pick up the sauce too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to HankukSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That can be hard to find over there.  I remember last time I went home for a while that it was difficult to find East Asian style meat.  It may seem strange, but the reason that Korea has all these great barbeque recipes is because the meat is not really that great here.  So, it can make it hard to do a Korean recipe with what you pick up in a US grocery.  You have to know what you are requesting to get it cut right.

[/QUOTE]

Under the circumstances, I'll do the best that I can.

Wouldn't just marinating the meat a good amount of time, like 24 hrs., make a big difference?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to HankukSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Under the circumstances, I'll do the best that I can.

Wouldn't just marinating the meat a good amount of time, like 24 hrs., make a big difference?

[/QUOTE]

You can do whatever you want with it really.  I use bulgogi meat for everything from the traditional sweet bulgogi, to my favorite, which is cook it in gochujang (the red paper paste), and I've found it works absolutely wonderfully in burritos (yes, you can finally get flour tortillas here these days).

ooops.  Didn't really answer your question.  It does help as always, though it is actually not traditionally done in the household here.  I am sure most restaurants marinate though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Rodman now says that he apologizes and gives the lame excuse that he was drinking. Using alcohol as an excuse for unacceptable behavior doesn't cut it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Rodman now says that he apologizes and gives the lame excuse that he was drinking. Using alcohol as an excuse for unacceptable behavior doesn't cut it.

I'm sure that he had NOTHING to do with his 'apology' script.  Yes, it was a script that was conceived, written, and given to the media by his publicist...a publicist who, obviously, is hard up for clients. 

I read that more than one teammate has left.  To them, I tip my hat.

Embarassing to America is too kind an assesment. 

Having dealt with chronic alcoholics at work, there is no doubt in my mind that his brain is 'pickled' and has shrunk to about the size of a small apple.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

To think he got to shagg Carmen Electra.

Sections
Shortcuts