Off topic... RIP Robin Williams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Off topic... RIP Robin Williams

How sad, loved his movies.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Off topic... RIP Robin Williams

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its a shame, Robin had depression issues for many years.  I thought this could happen but was hoping otherwise he was a funny guy.

How sad, loved his movies.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It got canceled after just the one season, but I really enjoyed the show he had last year, The Crazy Ones. I thought he and Sarah Michelle Gellar clicked, and it was good to see him with Pam Dawber one last time in the one episode.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GOOOOOOD MORRRRRRNING  VIET NAM !!!!    What a MOVIE at the right time, & WHAT A MAN !!!         R I P ,     SON !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM was released in 1987. Please, Bill, explain why that was the right time? While I'm waiting for an answer I'll never get, RIP Mr. Williams. You were a comedic genius, who was always crediting Jonathan Winters as his inspiration. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It got canceled after just the one season, but I really enjoyed the show he had last year, The Crazy Ones. I thought he and Sarah Michelle Gellar clicked, and it was good to see him with Pam Dawber one last time in the one episode.

[/QUOTE]

That was a pretty good show roy, surprising it didn't get more  support.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Very sad news. I liked him in Mork and Mindy. He was so manic and full of energy then. Always hate to lose a comedian. We need plenty of laughter in this tragic world.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Btw, Robin was also an excellent actor. Loved him in THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP and AWAKENINGS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very sad news. I liked him in Mork and Mindy. He was so manic and full of energy then. Always hate to lose a comedian. We need plenty of laughter in this tragic world.

[/QUOTE]

Let's hope Lewis Black stays around for a while. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Robin Williams attended Redwood High School* in Larkspur, California, with Pete Carroll, coach of the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.

* other Redwood High graduates include former Kansas City Royal shortstop (and David Letterman favorite) Buddy Biancalana, as well as actor David Strathairn, who played pitcher Eddie Cicotte in the film Eight Men Out about the 1919 Black Sox scandal, and former MLB catcher and USC baseball coach Chad Kreuter, who once entered the stands in pursuit of a heckler at a Wrigley Field game I attended.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

That sux to hear.  RIP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

He and Jonathan Winters could be the funniest duo ever when they were improvising with each other. Sometimes it would fall flat, but when it clicked, you would laugh so hard it would hurt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/actor-robin-williams-dead-63/story?id=24937522

May you find the peace you so desperately were seeking...Thank You for the laughs and tears, Rest in Peace Robin Williams

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Loved Dead Poets Society.  He was one of a kind and will be missed! 

Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

and Good Will Hunting, which he won the academy award for 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

GOOOOOOD MORRRRRRNING  VIET NAM !!!!    What a MOVIE at the right time, & WHAT A MAN !!!         R I P ,     SON !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM was released in 1987. Please, Bill, explain why that was the right time? While I'm waiting for an answer I'll never get, RIP Mr. Williams. You were a comedic genius, who was always crediting Jonathan Winters as his inspiration. 

[/QUOTE]

We are all feeling a bit sad so please give it a rest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Williams lived about 20 minutes from my home. Great actor, good person too. He always seemed so full of life; hard to imagine he took his own life. RIP.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Williams lived about 20 minutes from my home. Great actor, good person too. He always seemed so full of life; hard to imagine he took his own life. RIP.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

His first wife, Valerie, was from CT. Everyone who  met him said he was a great guy. Too bad they don't feel about themselves, what other do. Depression is a terrible thing. Can't ever escape the darkness 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

and Good Will Hunting, which he won the academy award for 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

One of my favorites.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

It's not just the passing of a comedian.  He was truly an icon.  As much as I loved his comedy, I loved his dramatic acting even more...all the best "My captain, my captain".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He and Jonathan Winters could be the funniest duo ever when they were improvising with each other. Sometimes it would fall flat, but when it clicked, you would laugh so hard it would hurt.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

There are a lot of comedians that are funny because of impeccable timing and delivery.  Robin was one of those very rare few that could start with almost any situation and make it funny.  A prodigious talent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Such a tragedy! He will be sorely missed. 

P.S.

Nicely posted 67Redsox! By labeling the thread off topic you gave folks a choice whether to come here or not. Perfectly done sir.

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We are all feeling a bit sad so please give it a rest.

[/QUOTE]

Please don't tell me what to do, ms self righteous. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Btw, church lady, you're one tedious person. And one more thing, small minds discuss religion. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's hope Lewis Black stays around for a while. 

[/QUOTE]

I am of the opinion that his Black on Broadway DVD is the best hour of standup I have ever seen.  I've watched it at least a dozen times.

Sections
Shortcuts