Off Topic...GO UCONN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Off Topic...GO UCONN!

Connecticut's NCAA championship in 1999 was the first one of MY teams to win a championship.  My first taste of "the joy".

Go Huskies!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Off Topic...GO UCONN!

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Connecticut's NCAA championship in 1999 was the first one of MY teams to win a championship.  My first taste of "the joy".

Go Huskies!

[/QUOTE]

They got a chance to do something that they haven't done for 10 years, win it in both sports.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Both mens' and womens' teams have a chance to win it all.

My bracket was a mess a long time ago.  I picked Florida to win it all.   LOL 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

GO IRISH!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The key to tonights game is rebounding and figuring out a way to not get killed down low.

Napier and Boatright will be just fine vs. the Harrison's imo and can score on them and defend them well as they have every other good guard combo they have faced this season. Harrisons arent anything special. they both get cold easily and make stupid mistakes. one of them is just clutch, thats all. yes they have length so did UF's guards. Napier and Boatright will defend and hopefully they are hitting their shots.

My worry is matching up with the 3,4 and 5.

I don't really like Giffey on Young mainly because an athletic Prather who cant even shoot, scored 14 on Giffey saturday. Young can hit the deep ball but is just as dangerous on the drive. Thats a bad matchup for us.

Then, the X-Factor, DeAndre Daniels will seemingly have to cover Julius "Tank" Randle... One is a 6'9 beast, the other a 6'9 stretch PF... If Daniels plays Randle he can easily get into foul trouble which pretty much turns UConn's offense into just guard play.. He needs to stay out of foul trouble. Same with Brimah and Nolan. Dakari Johnson, Alex Poythress, or that Lee kid can all ball too and they are threats inside which can easily put Uconn's weak frontcourt in trouble.

I expect Ollie to draw up the same defensive scheme as they did vs. Michigan St vs. Payne.. The moment he touches the ball in the post you double and force someone else to make the play. This way Daniels avoids foul issues and Randle cant take off.

Napier and Boatright also do a great job of forcing the issue on offense which gets the opposing guards to pick up cheap fouls. Napier/Boat have gotten Keith Appling and KAsey Hill in foul trouble by being aggressive with the rock.. they need to do that bcz outside of the Harrison boys UK doesnt have much depth at G. all their depth is at PF/C.. get the G's in foul trouble by attacking and you take an advantage.

A huge X-Factor on offense tonight needs to be either Neils Giffey or Brimah.... Giffey was hitting his shot earlier in the tourney and all season which leads to a potent offense when Boat/Napier are attacking. He's been cold in the elite 8 and final 4 but if he can hit those big open 3's he gets its huge. IF not him then Brimah needs to play big. No foul trouble and scrore 10-12 would be amazing. They cant rely on Daniels to be hot again or even Boat.. They can always rely on Napier though.

Gonna be a real toguh matchup.. Need to hit open shots tonight and make the most of every possesion.. Good thing is we have two great game managers in Boat/Napier who run the offense down and get good looks constantly..

Napier needs to look to shoot early and often. he likes to pass too much imo and his teammates F up.. find your shot/attack early and pressure UK.

Go Huskies

[/QUOTE]

Also, the reason UConn got this far is because of nat=like defense and attacking the rim which leads to quicker into the bonus which equals automatic points for Napier/Boat/Daniels/Giffey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Hate both teams!! Kentucky lucky and UCONN cheats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I have been a UConn fan since before Bill calhoun arrived.  I followed them more when he took over the team.  Ray Allen is one of my all time favorite players.  So I hope they win, fgood thread.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

As much as I can't stand Calipari, I would love to see UConn lose tonight. The whiff of Calhoun's unethical holier-than-though stench hasn't left the program yet, he's still got his hands in there. Hope they go down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

It's a non union event, so I can't support the Elites exploiting the unrepresented minorities.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Go Huskies!

[/QUOTE]

Go Huskies! The best thing about Kentucky is the TV show JUSTIFIED, where shooting rednecks has become an art form.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

Ollie has done this all by himself.  He has these kids believing in themselves when noone else did.  Not sure what you mean by Calhouns stench?  He was one of the best coaches in the game for the past 20 years and never got his due credit.  

As much as I can't stand Calipari, I would love to see UConn lose tonight. The whiff of Calhoun's unethical holier-than-though stench hasn't left the program yet, he's still got his hands in there. Hope they go down.

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Yet another great game!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

WOW!   THE KIDS CAN PLAY!!!!

CONGRATS!   UCONN!!!!!    :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

UCONN = someone other than Kentucky, therefore Im a UCONN fan for tonight. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

doesn't calhoun get any points for

refusing to throw out the 1st pitch in ny because he was a sox fan

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

doesn't calhoun get any points for

refusing to throw out the 1st pitch in ny because he was a sox fan

[/QUOTE]

Calhoun is a great coach; the best coach in the Big East for a long time; better than Boeheim, who's now in the ACC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

I have been a UConn fan since before Bill calhoun arrived.  I followed them more when he took over the team.  Ray Allen is one of my all time favorite players.  So I hope they win, fgood thread.

I am sure that UConn is grateful to have such a loyal fan. But it is Jim Calhoun, not Bill . Or Rory. Or John C.  Or Haystacks. Or Algonquin J. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

YES!  UCONN NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

YES!  UCONN NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!

[/QUOTE] mornin Slash, congrats to the Huskies..chance for a double dip with the ladies also going for the crown...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ironic that if you had polled 1,000 people a month into the season, you'd probably have gotten an unanimous result that the ladies were the safer bet to win the title:-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ironic that if you had polled 1,000 people a month into the season, you'd probably have gotten an unanimous result that the ladies were the safer bet to win the title :-)

[/QUOTE]

Mornin' Jete!

Yeah...it was a weird run for the Huskies.  Almost went out first round to St Joe's. 

Notre Dame will give the ladies a game, but this team might be too much.  Would be the second double dip in UConn's history.  Crazy.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ironic that if you had polled 1,000 people a month into the season, you'd probably have gotten an unanimous result that the ladies were the safer bet to win the title :-)

[/QUOTE]

at the start of the tournament Connecticut was 100-1 to win it.  someone made some $$$$$.

as for the girls:  apparently the coach's hate each other and the players hate each other.  if there was ever a time to actually sit down and watch a womens basketball game - this is the night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I'm was born, raised and still live in CT so I'm with you all the way.  What a run for what I thought would be an average team this season after losing Andre. 

Image if Andre Drummond would have stayed?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm was born, raised and still live in CT so I'm with you all the way.  What a run for what I thought would be an average team this season after losing Andre. 

Image if Andre Drummond would have stayed?

[/QUOTE]

Did John Lennon refer to that in his song?

Sections
Shortcuts