Offense out of sync

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Offense out of sync

I realize this isn't our best lineup and the Rays have a good staff but it's obvious why we have struggled to score runs recently, not just today.  The first inning was classic the way we made the Rays work for every pitch.  We could have made it a very short game for Niemann, instead we helped him find a groove.  Too many "first pitch" swings and very quick outs/innings. 

Hopefully we can show some patience and win this game.  For any of you who feel this is bashing or too much negativity it's just an honest observation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Offense out of sync

In Response to Offense out of sync:
    [QUOTE]I realize this isn't our best lineup and the Rays have a good staff but it's obvious why we have struggled to score runs recently, not just today.  The first inning was classic the way we made the Rays work for every pitch.  We could have made it a very short game for Niemann, instead we helped him find a groove.  Too many "first pitch" swings and very quick outs/innings.  Hopefully we can show some patience and win this game.  For any of you who feel this is bashing or too much negativity it's just an honest observation.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you.  It seems like many of the Red Sox have been struggling recently.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]I realize this isn't our best lineup and the Rays have a good staff but it's obvious why we have struggled to score runs recently, not just today.  The first inning was classic the way we made the Rays work for every pitch.  We could have made it a very short game for Niemann, instead we helped him find a groove.  Too many "first pitch" swings and very quick outs/innings.  Hopefully we can show some patience and win this game.  For any of you who feel this is bashing or too much negativity it's just an honest observation.

Bedard has started twice, both quality starts, and has to be wondering where the hell are the bats I've been hearing about?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hate to burst your bubble (again), but good pitching usually slows down good hitting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'd rather have them struggle a bit now than in the playoffs....just think last time they hit a funk they couldn't even win.  Now it seems like they have been at least playing .500 ball the last couple weeks while in a funk.

this team can gel, and I'm pretty confident in what they will do down the stretch. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Offense out of sync:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Offense out of sync : Definitely agree with you.  It seems like many of the Red Sox have been struggling recently.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

We are one of the best at working pitchers.  It could be the constant swapping of lineups and guys not used to batting before or ahead of each other but it's hurting us more often than not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to burst your bubble (again), but good pitching usually slows down good hitting.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

moon,

Somehow we all knew you or harness would try to burst in with the whole "good pitching" act.  This has happened quite a bit recently against some very average pitching so your point is moot.  Try understanding for once instead of making excuses for a team you predicted would never go away.  I'm sure you will also try your best to throw a lot of stats at us but we are all watching the same games enough to make our own observation thanks.

The only bubble you guys ever burst are your own.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather have them struggle a bit now than in the playoffs....just think last time they hit a funk they couldn't even win.  Now it seems like they have been at least playing .500 ball the last couple weeks while in a funk. this team can gel, and I'm pretty confident in what they will do down the stretch. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

I agree hugh, its not the end of the world just an honest observation that has become a trend in recent games.  I also agree the team will gel and be fine overall.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Defense is out of sync too.  Lowrie is incompetent.  But others have made bonehead plays as well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon,

Somehow we all knew you or harness would try to burst in with the whole "good pitching" act.  This has happened quite a bit recently against some very average pitching so you're point is moot.  Try understanding for once instead of making excuses for a team you predicted would never go away.

"good pitching" is not an "act".

Your narrowmindedness is limitless.

There's no way anyone but you thinks Shields and Felix are "average".
    Nieman, Sabathia, and Masterson are all bums.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Defense is out of sync too.  Lowrie is incompetent.  But others have made bonehead plays as well. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Lowrie at times just doesn't look very comfortable out there.  I think he may lack the self confidence others have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]moon, Somehow we all knew you or harness would try to burst in with the whole "good pitching" act.  This has happened quite a bit recently against some very average pitching so you're point is moot.  Try understanding for once instead of making excuses for a team you predicted would never go away. "good pitching" is not an "act". Your narrowmindedness is limitless. There's no way anyone but you thinks Shields and Felix are "average". Nieman, Sabathia, and Masterson are all bums.

Again, moon, you did what we all expected by choosing only the decent pitchers we have faced and leaving out the others we lost to, or simply struggled with.  You and harness are so predictable to everyone with your excuses.  This is why many of us don't participate in your threads.

You simply think too highly of your own point of view.

By now!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to burst your bubble (again), but good pitching usually slows down good hitting.
     Really! Where's the "good hitting" you're talking about when you've got Lowrie, Aviles, Crawford, McDonald and Varitek in there? And I know mthat Tek got his HR.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense out of sync :  Really! Where's the "good hitting" you're talking about when you've got Lowrie, Aviles, Crawford, McDonald and Varitek in there? And I know mthat Tek got his HR.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

True trouts,

Too many recent line up changes have hurt, along with the lack of production from certain players.  We have beaten a few good pitchers, but also lost to some very mediocre ones by not focusing and being a bit more patient at the plate. 

Plenty of time left, I have confidence we will get it right

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

CRAZE4SOX AND TROUTS HAVE THE RIGHT ANALYSIS. THIS
    TEAM JUST DOESN'T HAVE THE HITTING. I AM NOT A YANKEE
    FAN BY A LONG SHOT, BUT I AM BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED BY
    THIS TEAM. AGON JUST HITS FOR AVERAGE...WOW...SO HE
    HAS GOOD STATS, AND THE TEAM SINKS. WE HAVE NO RH
    POWER IN OUR STARTING LINEUP OR ON THE BENCH. THAT'S
    IS THE SOBER TRUTH...UNLESS YOU CALL PEDEY AND YOUK
    "POWER". THEY DON'T MATCH A ROD, TEX, SWISHER, FOR
    POTENTIAL, AND I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY ARE HITTING.\
    OUR LONG BALL POWER IS JUST NOT THERE. EXCEPT FOR
    ELLSBURY, THE TEAM IS IN A FUNK. THE WORST THING IS
    THAT STIFF CRAWFORD WHO CAN'T HIT A BULL IN THE BUTT
    WITH A HARPOON. HE IS THE WORST. A RALLY KILLER. WHY
    THEO EVER BOUGHT THIS GUY IS BEYOND ME. HE IS NOT
    CUT OUT FOR THE BIG MEDIA MARKET. HE WAS FINE IN
    TAMPA WHERE HE COULD RELAX. BUT HE CANNOT CUT IT
    IN THE SPOTLIGHT. WE ARE NEARLY AT THE 3/4 MARK IN
    THE SEASON AND HE IS A BUST . THE REST OF THE GUYS IN
    THE LINEUP HAVE TO CARRY HIM. IT'S SAD BUT TRUE
    THE YANKS WILL WIN THE DIVISION BY 8 GAMES.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Sox have had bad games vs several average or bad pitchers all year long. So have other teams.

You want the others listed alongside the last 16 games- the length of our so-called slump?

Red = Having a good year, could be called "above average"
    Black = Having a so-so year, could be called "average".
    Blue = Having a bad season, could be called "below average".

Niemann   3.29 - 2 runs
    Shields      2.83 - 3 runs
    Furbush     4.76/1.294 - 3 runs
    Hernandez 3.38/1.191 - 4 runs
    Beaven      3.58/1.196 - 6 runs
    Blackburn 4.36/1.539 -  2 runs
    Liriano       5.12/1.488 -  4 runs
    Baker        3.21/1.192 -  8 runs
    Hughes     4.36/1.533 -  3 runs
    Sabathia   2.93/1.143 - 10 runs
    Colon         3.31/1.237 - 2 runs
    Masterson  2.69/1.168 - 3 runs
    Carrasco     4.62/1.364 - 4 runs
    D. Huff         0.51/0.962 - 3 runs (small sample size)
    Tomlin        3.97/1.039 -   6 runs
    Buehrle      3.06/1.19 - 5 runs

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

the sox are fading, they better get it together or tampa will catch them for the wild card.. they play below their talent, losing to teams they should beat.. pitching isn't close to being good enough to win the w.s.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Moon, you are wasting UR time with this Yale man clown.
    He's a shallow panic who doesn't understand the simplest concept:

Good pitching stops good hitting.

He doesn't appear on the more informative threads because he'd be up river w/o a paddle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

A. The offense does appear to be out of sync. Over a 162-game season, every part of the game will have its ups and downs and this seems to be one of the lulls for the offense. Can't believe with what the Sox have gone through so far this season that anyone is panicking or making a big deal out of it.

B. Pitching, and there's a lot of good pitching this year, will sometimes cause the lulls in the offense.

C. Sometimes bad pitching can beat good offenses because at the end of the day, these guys are major league pitchers and margin between being an average or below average pitcher and a good to great pitcher is sometimess simply a matter of one or two pitches in a game.

I don't know. Maybe my attitude is too non-chalent, but there are many twists and turns, ups and downs to a baseball season. To read too into hot or cold spells over a short period is ridiculous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FIJISOXFAN. Show FIJISOXFAN's posts

First of all, Tampa is not catching them.  Tampa plays up and down to their competition.  They can't hit and find themselves in situations where they lose 6 of 7.

What concerns me is Gonzo, Youk and now Ortiz.  There aren't enough 3 run jacks that make a game from 2-1 to 5-1.  Gonzo has a very soft .340 average, Youk has been off all year, and now Big Papi is hurt (I have no idea from being a DH). 

I like this team's chances in the playoffs, but we need the 3-4-5 to start acting like a 3-4-5. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

How does one have a soft .340 average?
    Fenway induced? Yes. Soft? No.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FIJISOXFAN. Show FIJISOXFAN's posts

Harness . . . . his slugging and HR production has been way down.  He is getting a lot of singles.  You almost rather have a guy hit .275 with 35 jacks than a guy hitting .350 with 18 HR's.  Granderson is a good example who has caught him with rbi's and killing him in HR's.  Granderson has been the better production hitter this year.  The Derby really screwed him up!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If I didn't know better I would think that Crapford was tanking or taking lessons from JD Spew...Scrubtaro has to be pist that Aviles can at least make the easy plays,but on that throw to Lowrie that was a little league mistake that had too make Scrubby smile but hey this is what you get when you run back ups out there every night to play SS. Darnell I'm sorry but you gotta go! I know you give it your all but .150 ain't going to cut it Bro!!! I hear that Ortiz will have foot placed in awalking boot,but Tito says they won't place him on the DL... Time will tell...When does the Franklin Morales experiment come to and end? This game had Three positives to the entire game Ellsbury's homer,Pedeys remarkable defensive plays,and Bedards continued effort despite a lackluster offense behind him....I would have added Teks homer but he should have caught the throw from Lowrie on the first play at the plate so one negates the other.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Harness . . . . his slugging and HR production has been way down.  He is getting a lot of singles.  You almost rather have a guy hit .275 with 35 jacks than a guy hitting .350 with 18 HR's.  Granderson is a good example who has caught him with rbi's and killing him in HR's.  Granderson has been the better production hitter this year.  The Derby really screwed him up!
    Posted by FIJISOXFAN[/QUOTE]

What were UR expectations of AGONE this year?

Sections
Shortcuts