Offense out of sync

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Offense out of sync

the offense has been aweful lately and has come back down to earth. ortiz is injured and has been slowing down since the allstar break, lowire is back but doing nothing with the stick, scutaro is out, youk has sucked big time offensively this year, agonz has been a ghost of his pre-allstar break self and has looked down right aweful lately, ellsbury has continued to hit as has pedroia but those 2 cannot carry the team offensively with the pitching being as shaky as it has been thus far. And reddick has really dropped off and before long will be hitting under .300. I bet theo wishes he picked up hunter pence at the deadline and traded reddick while his value was through the roof. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Offense out of sync:
    [QUOTE]the offense has been aweful lately and has come back down to earth. ortiz is injured and has been slowing down since the allstar break, lowire is back but doing nothing with the stick, scutaro is out, youk has sucked big time offensively this year, agonz has been a ghost of his pre-allstar break self and has looked down right aweful lately, ellsbury has continued to hit as has pedroia but those 2 cannot carry the team offensively with the pitching being as shaky as it has been thus far. And reddick has really dropped off and before long will be hitting under .300. I bettheo wishes he picked up hunter pence at the deadline and traded reddick while his value was through the roof. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Don't bet too much. You are talking about Theo losing Reddick, who's under team control for years and has a 5-tool ceiling - as opposed to over-paying for Pence, who has a career .338 OBP in the lesser league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

6 hits in a doubleheader. Yeah, that's pretty much an indicator things are not good offensively. 3 were home runs though, and 1 led to a win. So pretty good day, 6 hits, 1 win, 2 games....Pretty impressive when you get right down to it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Rays are making a patented run. They won't go away. Plenty of time left. Only 10 out with around 40 to go.

Offense has been feast or famine all year. It is unbalanced in the OF and has only Pedroia and Youk for to take advantage of home park. Bench is a joke and not complimentary.

Tampa is a weak offensive team. Red Sox starting pitching is not impressive.

To win division and get to WS, this team without Buch was obviously going to have to do it with offense and strong top of the pen.

Losing Ortiz is a serious blow because he is outstanding against lhp this year.

Bedard wasn't a bad move, but it was not the answer for the obvious need that could be addressed from trade market. This team isn't going to impress on starting pitching, and will have to get it done with 2009 Yankee and 2004 Red Sox type of offense.

Its balance of lineup, v. lhp and rhp, not just raw aggregate numbers from team and certain players.

On the other side, the catching and overall team defense was embarrassing, during double header. Triple plays was a bugaboo for terrible defense. Varitek is incapable of fielding his position at MLB level. Lowrie is incapable of fielding his position.

Roster moves need to be made to put best defense behind suspect starting pitching. Nothing can be done about OF, now. But infield defense is a serious problem and a roster move needs to be made before expansion.

It would help if Theo took a vacation like Obama.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Rays are making a patented run. They won't go away. Plenty of time left. Only 10 out with around 40 to go. Offense has been feast or famine all year. It is unbalanced in the OF and has only Pedroia and Youk for to take advantage of home park.Bench is a joke and not complimentary. Tampa is a weak offensive team. Red Sox starting pitching is not impressive. To win division and get to WS, this team without Buch was obviously going to have to do it with offense and strong top of the pen. Losing Ortiz is a serious blow because he is outstanding against lhp this year. Bedard wasn't a bad move, but it was not the answer for the obvious need that could be addressed from trade market. This team isn't going to impress on starting pitching, and will have to get it done with 2009 Yankee and 2004 Red Sox type of offense. Its balance of lineup, v. lhp and rhp, not just raw aggregate numbers from team and certain players. On the other side, the catching and overall team defense was embarrassing, during double header. Triple plays was a bugaboo for terrible defense. Varitek is incapable of fielding his position at MLB level. Lowrie is incapable of fielding his position. Roster moves need to be made to put best defense behind suspect starting pitching. Nothing can be done about OF, now. But infield defense is a serious problem and a roster move needs to be made before expansion. It would help if Theo took a vacation like Obama.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

The Fenway factor affects more than just Pedey and Youk. Check out Papi/AGONE H/A splits. You are under-estimating Boston's pitching, which is heavily masked by Fenway also. You are wrong about Tek. Always have been.

The pen and SS are concerns going forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Harness . . . . his slugging and HR production has been way down.  He is getting a lot of singles.  You almost rather have a guy hit .275 with 35 jacks than a guy hitting .350 with 18 HR's.  Granderson is a good example who has caught him with rbi's and killing him in HR's.  Granderson has been the better production hitter this year.  The Derby really screwed him up!
    Posted by FIJISOXFAN[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on both points.  Granderson is having a great year and definitely hitting better than Gonzalez.  I really hope that he doesn't participate in the home run derby next year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : The Fenway factor affects more than just Pedey and Youk. Check out Papi/AGONE H/A splits. You are under-estimating Boston's pitching, which is heavily masked by Fenway also. You are wrong about Tek. Always have been. The pen and SS are concerns going forward.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

It's funny how myself and others can start a perfectly logical/harmless thread on a subject, but moonslav and harness just can't accept it.

Harness and moon, I have read and agree with some of your posts but you always seem to put a twist on everything that makes your opinion look a bit more acceptable.  It's like you're watching a different game or scenario unfold than the rest of us, or just feel the need to be correct all the time.  You guys can't even accept constructive criticism of your favorite players without accusing people of bashing, or simply being misinformed.

There are a lot of intelligent people here who can differentiate between bashing and an honest opinion.  We can also support our opinions or admit being wrong without writing three pages of twisted stats that come to the same conclusion.

Whats up with you guys?  Chill out a bit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Gotta love the people who think Reddick is the new Josh Hamilton.
    He isn't on the same planet as Hunter Pence.
    As for the "inferior" NL, how have Adrian Gonzalez, Hamilton, Miguel Cabrera, Juan Bautista, Vlady among others on a long list done in the "superior" AL?
    Yeah, right.
    Reddick is hitting .125 in his last 7 games and .244 in August. Just a skinny flash in the pan, as I've said all along.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

moon did have major reservations on Reddick due to his previous career numbers. He was right. The Sox OF is as in bad shape as I've ever seen it. It's virtually a 1 outfielder outfield. One guy doing all the work.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What scares me is that Jacoby Ellsbury has more home runs than AGON. I keep hearing that everyone is okay with it but I think that home run derby had an effect on him. I think he has hit two since the Allstar break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox have had bad games vs several average or bad pitchers all year long. So have other teams. You want the others listed alongside the last 16 games- the length of our so-called slump? Red = Having a good year, could be called "above average" Black = Having a so-so year, could be called "average". Blue = Having a bad season, could be called "below average". Niemann   3.29 - 2 runs Shields      2.83 - 3 runs Furbush     4.76/1.294 - 3 runs Hernandez 3.38/1.191 - 4 runs Beaven      3.58/1.196 - 6 runs Blackburn 4.36/1.539 -  2 runs Liriano       5.12/1.488 -  4 runs Baker        3.21/1.192 -  8 runs Hughes     4.36/1.533 -  3 runs Sabathia   2.93/1.143 - 10 runs Colon         3.31/1.237 - 2 runs Masterson  2.69/1.168 - 3 runs Carrasco     4.62/1.364 - 4 runs D. Huff         0.51/0.962 - 3 runs (small sample size) Tomlin        3.97/1.039 -   6 runs Buehrle      3.06/1.19 - 5 runs
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Again, who the heck cares about your Stats.  Your excuse is just about every pitcher we face is just too good for our team to hit.  Guess what moon?  Our opponents seem to be hitting our staff pretty well, are opponents that much better?  Most of these guys like "Price" today are beatable, our offense is completely out of sync and with Papi out, it may get worse.

This is the number one offense in the majors, even without our best lineup we should be be able to hit these guys. 

Enough with the excuses!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Price is actually a superb pitcher, and the Sox are playing without Scutaro, Ortiz and force-feeding McDonald, Crawford, Aviles...What No. 1 offense, craze?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Price is actually a superb pitcher, and the Sox are playing without Scutaro, Ortiz and force-feeding McDonald, Crawford, Aviles...What No. 1 offense, craze?
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

danny, look at Price's record this year, he hasn't been a great pitcher.  A good pitcher sure but hittable never the less.  I realize our lineup never looks the same but regardless we can't hit many pitchers at all these days. 

Lackey certainly won't help our cause today. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

craze, The MendozaAmigos are playing, it's simply a lost cause to think that Youks, Pedroia and Ellsbury can pick up a lineup featuring AGON in a massive slump, Salty and Lowrie (hit or miss guys), and the 1-2-3 guys in the front of this post. I think Lackey could set down this lineup with ease, and Price is no slouch. The Sox hit Price last time with a better lineup. You can't put a B-minus lineup on the field and expect much. And no real alternatives to the B-minus lineup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Man, even on MLB Gameday that last half-inning was tough to watch.  2 popouts and a reverse K, only 7 pitches required by Price.  It can't get any more anemic than that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]craze, The MendozaAmigos are playing, it's simply a lost cause to think that Youks, Pedroia and Ellsbury can pick up a lineup featuring AGON in a massive slump, Salty and Lowrie (hit or miss guys), and the 1-2-3 guys in the front of this post. I think Lackey could set down this lineup with ease, and Price is no slouch. The Sox hit Price last time with a better lineup. You can't put a B-minus lineup on the field and expect much. And no real alternatives to the B-minus lineup.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I know danny, it's just depressing to watch, sorry man I'm getting too worked up over this

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it's just unfortunately the way it is. I get just as frustrated as does Sox Nation. 8 hits in 23 innings...ouch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Easier to just be done with it now than to get excited and then swept in the WS by the Phils.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : I know danny, it's just depressing to watch, sorry man I'm getting too worked up over this
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I'm a teacher - I know B- stuff...this is no B- lineup - maybe a C/C-

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I know teachers with Phds and everyone of them blames all of the team's problems entirely on Terry. Wish that I was that smaht.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]I know teachers with Phds and everyone of them blames all of the team's problems entirely on Terry. Wish that I was that smaht.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Maybe the team is just not as good as some may wish?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to burst your bubble (again), but good pitching usually slows down good hitting.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Well the sox seem to hit better facing good pitching.They also make the not so good pitching look like Nolan Ryan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : I'm a teacher - I know B- stuff...this is no B- lineup - maybe a C/C-
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

LMFAO, geo...it's CC stuff...CC-Minus...that can be the Craw's new nickname

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Professor Irwin Corey
    www.irwincorey.org/images/clrpic.jpg" alt="" width="200" height="241" />

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : Well the sox seem to hit better facing good pitching.They also make the not so good pitching look like Nolan Ryan.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Our offense is in a complete state of confusion at the moment.  McD should never take the field in Boston again yet Terry continues to play him anyway and Lowrie dosn't seem comfortable in any role.