Offense out of sync

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: Offense out of sync

In Response to Re: Offense out of sync:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : Our offense is in a complete state of confusion at the moment.  McD should never take the field in Boston again yet Terry continues to play him anyway and Lowrie dosn't seem comfortable in any role.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

It is obvious that the offense is in a funk right now. Gammons just spoke for five minutes about it. Part of the problem in the injuries. It is also true that they faced some good pitchers during this period. The team slump could be attributable to ALL THREE FACTORS. Your OP and Moon's comments can BOTH be correct. Too many posters here seem to be on the defensive here. How about everyone saying in unison "I am very disappointed in Carl Crawford's performance this season". Instead the arguments about CC will continue when in fact everyone feels the same way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Fenway factor has nothing to do with a balanced lineup. Because of the park, critical to have a balanced lineup. OF construction is a complete joke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This does kind of shoot down any of the Fenway adds points to your batting average and bloats the offense theories. Look, I've said this many times. Good hitters hit well in any park. Bad hitters hit bad in any park. Good pitching always trumps good hitting, and inferior lineups usually never dent a solid starting pitcher most days. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Last year's injury-plagued season had stretches that resembled this series. It wasn't due to the park they were playing in. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : It is obvious that the offense is in a funk right now. Gammons just spoke for five minutes about it. Part of the problem in the injuries. It is also true that they faced some good pitchers during this period. The team slump could be attributable to ALL THREE FACTORS. Your OP and Moon's comments can BOTH be correct. Too many posters here seem to be on the defensive here. How about everyone saying in unison "I am very disappointed in Carl Crawford's performance this season". Instead the arguments about CC will continue when in fact everyone feels the same way.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

I stated my opinion very clearly of Crawford in another post.  He has been a major dissapointment so far.  When you get 13 hits in four games and even lose to a guy named Furbish you know we have issues.  Good pitching can stop good hitting but sorry we have no hitting against anyone we face these days.  Even the Tampa pitchers don't normally hold teams to 5 runs in three games and Jacoby drove in three with one swing.

Our team lacks depth!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Again, who the heck cares about your Stats. 

You accused me of singling out the few great pitchers we faced over the last few weeks and said we were facing average starters. I countered with the facts, and now "you don't care".

Your excuse is just about every pitcher we face is just too good for our team to hit. 

It's not an excuse, and I never said they were too good for our team to hit. If you read what i said, I actually said we usually hit the good pitchers very well and stumble vs some of the lesser knowns.

Guess what moon?  Our opponents seem to be hitting our staff pretty well, are opponents that much better?  Most of these guys like "Price" today are beatable, our offense is completely out of sync and with Papi out, it may get worse.

Price is one of the best young pitchers in MLB. He's actually having an "off year", but he is a great starter. Your position has been that it is all about hitting. When we were doing well, you used a lot of "stats". Some of us argued that pitching is more important than hitting. I understand your points. You have some evidence on your side. Good for you. Just don't ignore mine. The starters we have faced over the last 17-20 games have been above the American League average. That's the point I was making. The reults back up my position, so you go crying like a baby.

This is the number one offense in the majors, even without our best lineup we should be be able to hit these guys. 

Yes, I expected better. We seem to be in a funk. Your excuse that it is DMac's fault is weaker than mine that we have been facing good pitchers, mostly on the road (and in some big parks), and that maybe that has something to do with it...not all, but some. I never said good hitting teams can never hit good pitchers. We should have had some bigger games than we have. No excuses...just the facts.

Enough with the excuses!

OK, then stop blaming Tito, DMac, Scutty, etc...

You wanted Lowrie in the line-up, and he has not helped us win at all. He has hurt more than helped. I admitted I was wrong on TB not going away. where's your admission?

(Cue: denial and distortions)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Good post Moon. Papi just commented postgame on the team's recent offensive funk by saying "Good pitching will always stop good hitting". We need more posters to watch pregame, postgame, and to read more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Again, who the heck cares about your Stats.  You accused me of singling out the few great pitchers we faced over the last few weeks and said we were facing average starters. I countered with the facts, and now "you don't care". Your excuse is just about every pitcher we face is just too good for our team to hit.  It's not an excuse, and I never said they were too good for our team to hit. If you read what i said, I actually said we usually hit the good pitchers very well and stumble vs some of the lesser knowns. Guess what moon?  Our opponents seem to be hitting our staff pretty well, are opponents that much better?  Most of these guys like "Price" today are beatable, our offense is completely out of sync and with Papi out, it may get worse. Price is one of the best young pitchers in MLB. He's actually having an "off year", but he is a great starter. Your position has been that it is all about hitting. When we were doing well, you used a lot of "stats". Some of us argued that pitching is more important than hitting. I understand your points. You have some evidence on your side. Good for you. Just don't ignore mine. The starters we have faced over the last 17-20 games have been above the American League average. That's the point I was making. The reults back up my position, so you go crying like a baby. This is the number one offense in the majors, even without our best lineup we should be be able to hit these guys.  Yes, I expected better. We seem to be in a funk. Your excuse that it is DMac's fault is weaker than mine that we have been facing good pitchers, mostly on the road (and in some big parks), and that maybe that has something to do with it...not all, but some. I never said good hitting teams can never hit good pitchers. We should have had some bigger games than we have. No excuses...just the facts. Enough with the excuses! OK, then stop blaming Tito, DMac, Scutty, etc... You wanted Lowrie in the line-up, and he has not helped us win at all. He has hurt more than helped. I admitted I was wrong on TB not going away. where's your admission? (Cue: denial and distortions)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Why you feel the need to give your expert opinion on everything someone posts clearly shows a pattern of disorder.  Stick to your latest 2011 thread that repeats itself over and over again.  Most of us discuss the same issues without joining your "higher order" club, or writing a three page report on every debate.

When a thread is talked out, we also don't need to post another version of it ten times just be be recognized like you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Papi and Moonslav in agreement as Papi just said in postgame that "Good pitching always beats good hitting". Don't mean to rain on the OP but it isn't only due to the offense. Other factors also come into play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Papi and Moonslav in agreement as Papi just said in postgame that "Good pitching always beats good hitting". Don't mean to rain on the OP but it isn't only due to the offense. Other factors also come into play.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Pawsox, It's an excuse for a hitter and moon, we hit good pitching and destroyed mediocre pitching early on in the season regardless of our lineup.  Now we can't hit either, that spells slump.

If the 25th and 30th, worst offensive teams in the majors can hit our staff, one would hope we could do the same to theirs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

regardless of our lineup...craze, forgive me, but the lineup the Sox has used the past few games couldn't hit water if it fell out of a f-ckn boat. They could have faced every team's No. 5 starter and still get 3-hitted. It is and was that terrible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why you feel the need to give your expert opinion on everything someone posts clearly shows a pattern of disorder. 

Thanks for calling my opinions "expert". Forgive me for not responding in kind.

Stick to your latest 2011 thread that repeats itself over and over again. 

As for repeating oneself, your continuous rants about offense over defense are pathologically scattered all over this site.

Most of us discuss the same issues without joining your "higher order" club, or writing a three page report on every debate.

3 page report? I made a simple list of the "average pitchers" (as you claimed) we faced. I added a short summary and my take on your point. If you're going to go cry like a baby everytime someone makes a reasoned rebuttle to your point, then it's not a debate: it's you pontificating your point and dismissing or not answering other's positions, but rather attacking the poster-not the position.

When a thread is talked out, we also don't need to post another version of it ten times just be be recognized like you....

Huh?
    Put me on ignore. I don't need yours or anyone's recognition. I post to exhcange ideas and talk Sox. I live away from New England now and I miss talking about the Sox with my friends, neighbors and family. I like hearing opposing points of views. I have changed my positions due to a few debates here. Sorry if you haven't swayed me to your point of view.

It's an excuse for a hitter and moon, we hit good pitching and destroyed mediocre pitching early on in the season regardless of our lineup.  Now we can't hit either, that spells slump.

Did I ever say it wasn't a slump? Did I ever say weak hitters never hit good pitchers well for stretches? Did I ever say good hitters don't ever have bad games or stretches vs weak or average pitchers? No.

The Sox are in a slump now, but that doesn't mean good pitching doesn't have anything to do with it. Are you so sure we wouldn't have scored 12 runs had we faced a weaker pitcher today?

If the 25th and 30th, worst offensive teams in the majors can hit our staff, one would hope we could do the same to theirs.

They haven't really been hitting our staff well. Our staff has been weakened by injury.

TB has a very good pitching staff, and we faced 3 of their toughest. Denying that had anything to do with it is something I disagree with. As the seasons near an end, pitching means more and more. It did today. It did over the last 3 weeks. Yes hitting is important. I don't deny that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]regardless of our lineup...craze, forgive me, but the lineup the Sox has used the past few games couldn't hit water if it fell out of a f-ckn boat. They could have faced every team's No. 5 starter and still get 3-hitted. It is and was that terrible.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

On paper, our line-up was still way better than TB's today: to me, we lost because we got outpitched.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Price was outstanding, but I thought Lackey threw well enough to keep the team in the game (and Aceves). On paper, Tampa's lineup isn't all that good, but David Price is an All-Star lefty and John Lackey is a Red Sox starting pitcher. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

moon, 9 hits in 3 games is pretty telling that the Sox lineup also was very weak going into each game, more so in the final two games. Sometimes as good as a pitcher is facing you, you have to also accept the fact that the Sox white-flagged themselves (and I realize it was due to short-handedness) at the plate. It was doomed for failure going into the games, which again tells me how lucky the Sox were to not get swept. They were woeful offensively, outpitched or not. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]regardless of our lineup...craze, forgive me, but the lineup the Sox has used the past few games couldn't hit water if it fell out of a f-ckn boat. They could have faced every team's No. 5 starter and still get 3-hitted. It is and was that terrible.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I agree danny but to blame good pitching for the fact you can't do what you were earlier in the season is still a cop out.  Even guys that were hitting everyone in the past like Adrian, Papi, Ells and Pede are struggling.  Pitching may play a small part but oue offense is in a serious slump.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

It has been out of sync for a while and we just woke up. If they continue to hit like this I can tell you for sure they are not going to make it to playoffs!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]moon, 9 hits in 3 games is pretty telling that the Sox lineup also was very weak going into each game, more so in the final two games. Sometimes as good as a pitcher is facing you, you have to also accept the fact that the Sox white-flagged themselves (and I realize it was due to short-handedness) at the plate. It was doomed for failure going into the games, which again tells me how lucky the Sox were to not get swept. They were woeful offensively, outpitched or not. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOte

Our line-up has not been as good as some of ours earlier this year, but we still had a nice top 4...most teams would drool over. I'd still take our line-up today over TB's today over the long run.

We were also out-fielded this series.

TB is not a pushover: they'd be in 1st place in the AL Central.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : I agree danny but to blame good pitching for the fact you can't do what you were earlier in the season is still a cop out.  Even guys that were hitting everyone in the past like Adrian, Papi, Ells and Pede are struggling.  Pitching may play a small part but oue offense is in a serious slump.

without question, the team is in a terrible hitting slump the past 4 games in particular

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, Shields, Niemann, and Price are all just lucky bums. 

Good thing they caught the Sox during a slump.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : Again, who the heck cares about your Stats.  Your excuse is just about every pitcher we face is just too good for our team to hit.  Guess what moon?  Our opponents seem to be hitting our staff pretty well, are opponents that much better?  Most of these guys like "Price" today are beatable, our offense is completely out of sync and with Papi out, it may get worse. This is the number one offense in the majors, even without our best lineup we should be be able to hit these guys.  Enough with the excuses!

Yeah. Those excuses are a real b*tch, ain't they Yale man.
    Some of us actually call them logic.

I started a heavily researched thread called FENWAY FACTOR - The Great DISTORTION. It clearly showed the park's influence on the hitters/pitchers.
    The RedSox have the number 1 offense because they play in a notorious hitting venue. If they played out west, they would not have the number 1 offense. Get it?

Does this mean the park will influence the offense on all nights? NO. Because great pitching will stop good hitting in it's tracks...anywhere.  What did they teach you in school, Yale man? Were you awake at the time. Those damn excuses...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Fenway factor has nothing to do with a balanced lineup. Because of the park, critical to have a balanced lineup. OF construction is a complete joke.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

BS! Fenway factor has a great effect on hitters; opposing or our own.
    It's simple math. 315 ft. flyballs to left find leather in most parks.  Hitters get more chances due to the lack of foul territory. DUH!

A balanced line-up will have greater continuity in a hitter's venue.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Shields, Niemann, and Price are all just lucky bums.  Good thing they caught the Sox during a slump.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

maybe I asked you this a few years ago but I forgot: who's the slav in your pic moon?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The oft misunderstood, oft misrepresented, and oft distorted...

Friedrich Nietzsche.

(BTW: he wasn't a "slav")

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Tonight, I feel like a 'slav' to this thread's utter ignorance.