Offense out of sync

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Offense out of sync

German I think, or maybe Austrian -- compelling figure, going strong as ever, oft mis- as stated (& superman concept distorted by the nazis), oft quoted because prone to pithy succinct aphoristic & memorable utterance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Why you feel the need to give your expert opinion on everything someone posts clearly shows a pattern of disorder.  Stick to your latest 2011 thread that repeats itself over and over again.  Most of us discuss the same issues without joining your "higher order" club, or writing a three page report on every debate.

When a thread is talked out, we also don't need to post another version of it ten times just be be recognized like you.

Here, here! Calling out the circle jerk ring leader board bully. The guy is a NYT embedded shill who uses the simply artifice of not liking people he claims are great.

And, board bully redux, on "Fenway factor" you don't have the reading comprehension of a one year old.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

A one-year old knows more about venue-effect than you do.
    Historically, Boston has had station-to-station offenses that played .500 on the road. Hardly balanced. Go back to UR voo-doo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Venue effect has nothing to do with roster balance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Offense out of sync:
    Yeah, Shields, Niemann, and Price are all just lucky bums.  Good thing they caught the Sox during a slump.
    Posted by moonslav59

They are all good pitchers, my point is we also have good pitching and a better hitting lineup that teams like the Rays and Mariners do.  If we destroyed mediocre pitching and even beat the best early on we should be doing it now even without Papi.

If it makes your "big ego" happy lets just end it by saying good pitching and an offensive slump is contributing to our recent struggles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Venue effect has nothing to do with roster balance.
    Posted by softylaw

Never said it did.
    You mentioned line-up balance and outfield construction.
    Month in and month out, so goes Crawbury, as goes the RedSox.
    When they slump, the team follows suit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They are all good pitchers, my point is ...

No, your point was they were average pitchers shutting down the Sox. I took issue with your position, you cried like a baby, and now, you have a different rant.

we also have good pitching and a better hitting lineup that teams like the Rays and Mariners do.  If we destroyed mediocre pitching and even beat the best early on we should be doing it now even without Papi.

There's a reason baseball seasons are 162 games long. It takes that many to allow the good teams to rise to the top. Teams have ups and downs. Good teams often lose badly to certain poor teams or certain pitchers, and win against teams they seem to be outmatched against. Most teams have hot streaks and cold streaks, as well as stretches of good pitching and bad. Sometimes teams match up at times when one is up and the other is down. So many variables go into each game that it is hardly worth losing sleep over a 2-3 week sample size.

Look how many Sox fans were writing this team off in April. They said there was no way we could make up that much ground over "just 120 games". We did it in about a fourth of that time.

If it makes your "big ego" happy lets just end it by saying good pitching and an offensive slump is contributing to our recent struggles.

My "ego" has nothing to do with why we are struggling. There seem to be many factors, one of which you finally admitted to, the other was also just as obvious. Inuries, luck, road trips, and who knows what else played into the hiccup. I don't pretend to know everything. My opinion is that pitching is more important than hitting, especially at the end of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : Never said it did. You mentioned line-up balance and outfield construction. Month in and month out, so goes Crawbury, as goes the RedSox. When they slump, the team follows suit.
    Posted by harness

When did you start using the term "Crawbury"? Isn't that a trademark or copyright of the forum nitwits ( Babe, Yazzer, and other simpletons)? Why the need for schoolyard nicknames?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : When did you start using the term "Crawbury"? Isn't that a trademark or copyright of the forum nitwits ( Babe, Yazzer, and other simpletons)? Why the need for schoolyard nicknames?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

Critter (Realistic thread) came up with it last year. Threads followed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Crawford singled and stole 2 bases...news at 11

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

They are all good pitchers, my point is ... No, your point was they were average pitchers shutting down the Sox. I took issue with your position, you cried like a baby, and now, you have a different rant. we also have good pitching and a better hitting lineup that teams like the Rays and Mariners do.  If we destroyed mediocre pitching and even beat the best early on we should be doing it now even without Papi. There's a reason baseball seasons are 162 games long. It takes that many to allow the good teams to rise to the top. Teams have ups and downs. Good teams often lose badly to certain poor teams or certain pitchers, and win against teams they seem to be outmatched against. Most teams have hot streaks and cold streaks, as well as stretches of good pitching and bad. Sometimes teams match up at times when one is up and the other is down. So many variables go into each game that it is hardly worth losing sleep over a 2-3 week sample size. Look how many Sox fans were writing this team off in April. They said there was no way we could make up that much ground over "just 120 games". We did it in about a fourth of that time. If it makes your "big ego" happy lets just end it by saying good pitching and an offensive slump is contributing to our recent struggles. My "ego" has nothing to do with why we are struggling. There seem to be many factors, one of which you finally admitted to, the other was also just as obvious. Inuries, luck, road trips, and who knows what else played into the hiccup. I don't pretend to know everything. My opinion is that pitching is more important than hitting, especially at the end of the season.
    Posted by moonslav59

No worries. The shallow Yale man you are addressing will fabricate whatever you miss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Offense out of sync : No worries. The shallow Yale man you are addressing will fabricate whatever you miss.
    Posted by harness

I've noticed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nothing like nice 

weak pitchers

to help us 

break of our slump.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Month in and month out, so goes Crawbury, as goes the RedSox.
    When they slump, the team follows suit.

Crawbust has been in a slump all year, and has the BA and OBP and SLg to prove it. Team would be under .500 based upon your hysterical delusional claim.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Month in and month out, so goes Crawbury, as goes the RedSox. When they slump, the team follows suit. Crawbust has been in a slump all year, and has the BA and OBP and SLg to prove it. Team would be under .500 based upon your hysterical delusional claim.
    Posted by softylaw

Crawbury = tandem, Wilfred.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Tandem means two. One is OBP mendoza. You should have said Ellsbury, not Crawbury, Willfred. Ill say AGon!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

AGONE is only half potent unless he has runners to drive in. When Crawbury clicks, the team wins. Month in and month out. RBI's are a function of opportunity.
    BTW: Do you think AGONE will out homer Jake this year?

Sections
Shortcuts