Official "HOT STOVE" thread for 2013 .............

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Official

Is this then the "Unrealistic" thread?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please join me in a very serious BaseBall ONLY thread for 2013.......  1/ You will see a more defined front office with Ben C. being in "charge" of "ALL" BaseBall functions, including the "manager" .........      2/Bobby V. is gone, between the last 2 days of the season or no later than 2 days after.........   It will be an interesting offseason, for sure !!! What say you ?????

[/QUOTE]

Bill, 2) It has to be done right away and have his replacement in place. the mistake was they took way too long in hiring Valentine, which was Luchinno's doing. Sox need a people person manager as well as a disciplinarian. a manager that tells the media nothing like bill Belicheck. Need to let manager pick his own coaching staff. Ben C. has to be wise with who he tries to sign from free agency.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Item #1: fire Valentine and hire a great replacement

Item #2: Settle the Ortiz thing. Offer him one year at $12M with a club option for a second year, take it or leave it. Do not let this become a distraction.

Item #3: Trade Ellsbury either alone or with a minor league position player in a package to get a good pitching prospect. He is gone after this year anyway; lets get someone for him now.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Get pitching, a SS and 1B

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If it's truly a bridge year to 2014 like many writers say,  I want to see our top prospects in opening day roster.  Bogaerts, Bradley, and Brentz.  Test them in ST and if they don't stink bad, why not test them what they've got?  I think pitching prospects need time to mature in the minors for long runs in the major but position players can skip a level or two IMO.  If we are afraid of losing their controls, then nothing to say...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Send V packing this Fri or Sat.

Ortiz: two years @ $12 M--or one year @ $15 M.

Loney let go no arb next Thursday.

Those are my 3 items.

BenC already has a manager to announce Thursday.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it's truly a bridge year to 2014 like many writers say,  I want to see our top prospects in opening day roster.  Bogaerts, Bradley, and Brentz.  Test them in ST and if they don't stink bad, why not test them what they've got?  I think pitching prospects need time to mature in the minors for long runs in the major but position players can skip a level or two IMO.  If we are afraid of losing their controls, then nothing to say...

[/QUOTE]

If it's truly a bridge year - and I don't buy that, the nucleus is strong enough to augment and compete - why would you waste a year of control on our top prospects?  Bring them up in mid-June if you want to see them vs MLB pitching for 3.5 months, that's more than enough and will cost nothing.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts