Official "HOT STOVE" thread for 2013 .............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Re: Official

Jim Tracy? He just resigned from the Rox.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from astawniak. Show astawniak's posts

I really like the idea of aquiring Justin Upton, the talent is there and he has the speed to cover right field for years to come.  Also what about aquiring David Wright?  He has a good glove, good righthanded bat.  We would then move Middlebrooks to 1st.  You would have a infield with middlebrooks at 1st, Peedy 2nd, Ciriaco SS, Wright 3rd.  Seems pretty Solid to me, and an outfiled with Ross in LF, Elsbury in CF, and Upton in RF........Thoughts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to astawniak's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really like the idea of aquiring Justin Upton, the talent is there and he has the speed to cover right field for years to come.  Also what about aquiring David Wright?  He has a good glove, good righthanded bat.  We would then move Middlebrooks to 1st.  You would have a infield with middlebrooks at 1st, Peedy 2nd, Ciriaco SS, Wright 3rd.  Seems pretty Solid to me, and an outfiled with Ross in LF, Elsbury in CF, and Upton in RF........Thoughts

[/QUOTE]    Not bad......  BUTTTTT, I have to have IGGY at SS........  Ellesbury has to go (for a pitcher).....  I love Ciriaco (maybe CF)........  Ben will have to make a few moves.... As Dad would say......  "SON, it's all about PITCHING"  !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]    Not bad......  BUTTTTT, I have to have IGGY at SS........  Ellesbury has to go (for a pitcher).....  I love Ciriaco (maybe CF)........  Ben will have to make a few moves.... As Dad would say......  "SON, it's all about PITCHING"  !!!

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure having baseball's worst hitting SS and an infielder as the worst hitting CF is a widely-accepted strategy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure having baseball's worst hitting SS and an infielder as the worst hitting CF is a widely-accepted strategy.

[/QUOTE]   It's called "SPEED & DEFENSE"   !!!!!!!!  The rest will take care of itself !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Another day, "ALL'S QUIET ON THE FARRELL FRONT" !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

One thing for sure, no one will burn their fingers on this "stove"......  Slow going so far...... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Tony Pena will be named Red Sox manager as soon as the Yank$ are sent packing !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]   It's called "SPEED & DEFENSE"   !!!!!!!!  The rest will take care of itself !!

[/QUOTE]

Im sure we could aquire somebody else with more experience than Ciriaco to play OF seeing that Ciriaco is just starting to play OF this offseason to be more versitile.

Justin Upton will only be here for 3 years and will cost a boatload of prospects. Hes shown flashes of being a great player but has been nothing more than inconsistent. Hes like Beckett. Good year, bad year...

Iggy should have his chance next year to see if he can start hitting MLB pitching. He was starting to hit in AAA before being called up, so I think he can do it.

Salty and Lav should platoon at catcher.

The Mets are working out a deal with Wright and want to keep him as a Met for life. Ike Davis would be available at 1b though.

I wouldnt switch WMB to 1b as hes never played the position before. Why make him uncomfortable when hes just beginning his MLB career when we could just aquire one via trade or FA.

Guys like Brentz, Bradley, Rubby D, Webster, and Possibly Bogaerts could all visit Fenway in 2013...Starting in 2014 there should be a steady flow of prospects making their way to the big club...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Word is out that Madagon is gone ??????  Just heard it on "FELGA & MAZZ.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Tony Pena will be named Red Sox manager as soon as the Yank$ are sent packing !!!!

[/QUOTE]   Well, so much for Tony Pena and the other 3........  Farrell has the "watch"......  I wanted  "new blood"......... So-be-it, the pitchers have nowhere to hide and better show up in shape.......  Daniel Bard could benefit by Farrell's return.......  Aviles will not be missed, as IGGY will make the pitching staff look better than what they are......  Now, let's get on with making the right/positive moves, the type that will bring "blood & guts" to the clubhouse & lineup !!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

It all begins today...... John Farrell at 12 noon......  Rebuilding starts right after the buffett !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't even close on this one Bill.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't even close on this one Bill.

[/QUOTE]  Your right......  I was just trying to get the Sox to hurry up and make a move !!!!   At least it is done.... Heck, what a great opportunity for Farrell, as Bobby V. cleaned out the deadwood for him !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

With all the money freed up from this year... will have to watch to see how much glue is on the owners fingers and how serious they are about making the Sox a contender again in a tough AL East. 

I like Swisher as a FA pickup (he can play OF & 1B) but think he will go to another team willing to give him a long term contract (3/4 yrs).  If Sox trade Ells they need a true CFer, not a converted singles hitter.  I think the Papi issue needs closure first and foremost because if the Sox keep him...the DH spot is closed and the 1B issue must be resolved with a full time player.  A proven frontline pitcher is a must.  Not sure I like the idea of a light hitting SS - but it wouldn't be the worst thing they could do. They had a hitting SS the past few years and that didn't work...so why not a fielding SS for a change?

The good news is that no matter what they do...up is the only direction the Sox can go if they go at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With all the money freed up from this year... will have to watch to see how much glue is on the owners fingers and how serious they are about making the Sox a contender again in a tough AL East. 

I like Swisher as a FA pickup (he can play OF & 1B) but think he will go to another team willing to give him a long term contract (3/4 yrs).  If Sox trade Ells they need a true CFer, not a converted singles hitter.  I think the Papi issue needs closure first and foremost because if the Sox keep him...the DH spot is closed and the 1B issue must be resolved with a full time player.  A proven frontline pitcher is a must.  Not sure I like the idea of a light hitting SS - but it wouldn't be the worst thing they could do. They had a hitting SS the past few years and that didn't work...so why not a fielding SS for a change?

The good news is that no matter what they do...up is the only direction the Sox can go if they go at all.

[/QUOTE]All good points......  Just watched John Farrell's introduction..... Very refreshing, he looks & sounds like the real/best deal !!!   Good luck John !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why does everyone here keep trying to trade Ellsbury for pitching? He's a one year rental at this point and doesn't have much trade value at this point [w/Boras as agent is there anyone who believes he won't test the FA market]. The RS would be better off letting him play out his contract year and hopefully he has a terrific season and then try to resign at end of year, and if they can't, they can get the 1st round draft pick as compensation,  and stick Jackie Bradley in CF for 14. Not so sure any GM believes this guy can stay on field for an entire year- he's like fine china handle w/ care. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Great day yesterday at Fenway...... Right up till Bobby V's tale of woo last night !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Item #1: fire Valentine and hire a great replacement

Item #2: Settle the Ortiz thing. Offer him one year at $12M with a club option for a second year, take it or leave it. Do not let this become a distraction.

Item #3: Trade Ellsbury either alone or with a minor league position player in a package to get a good pitching prospect. He is gone after this year anyway; lets get someone for him now.

[/QUOTE]

Why trade Ells right away and assume he'll be gone. First I try to get a reasonable longer term extension then if that cannot be done trade him to a contender needing talent later in the season when they have a good chance of getting more for him from a playoff team. Once Ells is gone who fills his spot. Upton, over rated !!

There are free agent pitchers available so a trade is not needed. 

Hetch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Item #2: Settle the Ortiz thing. Offer him one year at $12M with a club option for a second year, take it or leave it. Do not let this become a distraction.

Item #3: Trade Ellsbury either alone or with a minor league position player in a package to get a good pitching prospect. He is gone after this year anyway; lets get someone for him now.

[/QUOTE]

Why trade Ells right away and assume he'll be gone. First I try to get a reasonable longer term extension then if that cannot be done trade him to a contender needing talent later in the season when they have a good chance of getting more for him from a playoff team. Once Ells is gone who fills his spot. Upton, over rated !!

Hetch

[/QUOTE] If Jacoby brings real interest/value I would move him in a HEART Beat......  He is overrated, often injured, and property of $cott Bora$$........  Make him part of a BLOCKBUSTER  !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hetch

[/QUOTE] If Jacoby brings real interest/value I would move him in a HEART Beat......  He is overrated, often injured, and property of $cott Bora$$........  Make him part of a BLOCKBUSTER  !!!

[/QUOTE]

often injured? hes had 2 injuries in his entire career!! and they came from freak accidents at that. if you discount the games missed from those 2 freak accidents he has missed less than 30 games in all other seasons combined! (thats including the games he did not start in when he was fighting coco crisp for the starting CF job...)

get a clue!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ellsbury will have value to a team who is on the cusp, like Texas or Cincinnati...If traded this offseason a compensation pick would be attached to the deal. I wouldnt give him away, but I would listen to all offers.

He would also have value a the deadline as well. Especially if hes having a solid season. Although there would be no compensation pick, a contending team would still give up something of value if they though it would put them over the edge to win a WS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Great day yesterday at Fenway...... Right up till Bobby V's tale of woo last night !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Tale of woo? Is that some kind of love story?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

That was a quick World Series.........   Pitching, Pitching,Pitching & a roster that plays above their pay-grade/contract !!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ellsbury will have value to a team who is on the cusp, like Texas or Cincinnati...If traded this offseason a compensation pick would be attached to the deal. I wouldnt give him away, but I would listen to all offers.

He would also have value a the deadline as well. Especially if hes having a solid season. Although there would be no compensation pick, a contending team would still give up something of value if they though it would put them over the edge to win a WS.

[/QUOTE]

not according to moonslav59