***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread***

Over the last few years, Jed Lowrie has received a lot of attention on this board ... a surprising amount of attention for a UIF.  As fitting celebration to his Boston career as a discussion board phenom, let's have one more thread completely devoted to the Jedi, a man who is no longer even on our team.  

Please submit your predictions for Lowrie's 2012 line: 
    AB / AVG / OBP / SLG / #2B'S / #HR / #Injuries.

For the Bonus Round correctly predict:
    - Lowrie's first Houston injury
    - his Houston nickname at the start of the season 
    - nickname at the end of the season
    - most common misspelling of his name on Houston discussion board

At the close of the season, the winner will receive a genuine photograph of a simulated Jason Varitek or Tim Wakefield sweatsock ... ABSOLUTELY FREE*!!!

*Shipping and handling charges may apply.  Not available to residents of MA, NH, ME, CT, VT, RI, or NY.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: ***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread***

I predict his "career median average". (DON'T ASK ME WHAT THAT MEANS.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

For the Bonus Round correctly predict:  
    - Lowrie's first Houston injury  July 21st: Herpes outbreak.
    - his Houston nickname at the start of the season Jey-Low
    - nickname at the end of the season Jed Clampett
    - most common misspelling of his name on Houston discussion board Lowerie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

In Response to Re: ***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread***:
    [QUOTE]I predict his "career median average". (DON'T ASK ME WHAT THAT MEANS.)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Unintentional irony?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

I'd like to note that Nick Prunto is off to a promising start as Lowerie's replacement ... at least in terms of this board.  He still has a ways to go to catch Veritek, but still, way to go Nick!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread*** : Unintentional irony?
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was a dig at the boards most vocal Jed basher, the silly clown himself, softy.

If I had to guess his numbers with Houston:

550 PAs  .285  10 HRs (most on the road)  75 RBIs  45 dbls
    OBP:  .345

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

He may not even make thru the spring training base on history of injuries!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread*** : Actually, it was a dig at the boards most vocal Jed basher, the silly clown himself, softy. Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    median average ... mean?  No one gets statistical humor anymore, but I am basing that on a pretty small sample size.Cool

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread*** : median average ... mean?  No one gets statistical humor anymore, but I am basing that on a pretty small sample size.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

Now, that's funny!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]As bad as the Astros are, Lowrie will probably feel like the life has been sucked out of him the minute he walks into their clubhouse.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]
    Shall I put this down as your prediction for first Houston injury?  I believe having the life sucked out of you is typically a 60 DL stint.  

Creative and very likely accurate.  Well done, sir!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]As bad as the Astros are, Lowrie will probably feel like the life has been sucked out of him the minute he walks into their clubhouse.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

He may bat 3rd for the 'Stros!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

My predictions:
    450 / .282 / .340 / .450 / 35 / 13 / 2

Bonus Round:
    - Lowrie's first Houston injury HEAT STROKE (2nd injury = GENERAL MALAISE)
    - his Houston nickname at the start of the season JEDI
    - nickname at the end of the season JEDI
    - most common misspelling of his name on Houston discussion board LOWERY

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

HANK:  You seem strangely familiar with and invested in an exchange that happened between Moon and some "former poster Softlaw" Wink... especially for an exchange that predated your board participation by almost a year.  Just saying.

Also, learn to play by the rules.  For six paragraphs of writing there's very little objective criteria upon which I can grade you at a later date.  He'll be a little higher in some places and a little lower in others and he'll have a slow release.  Have a little respect, man.  I practically made this thread just for you ... I mean for some "former poster" named Softlaw.  Use the form and post a line or be gone. TYTY.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread*** : Actually, it was a dig at the boards most vocal Jed basher, the silly clown himself, softy. If I had to guess his numbers with Houston: 550 PAs  .285  10 HRs (most on the road)  75 RBIs  45 dbls OBP:  .345
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

No way. He can't stay on the field and he wears down even not playing very much.  He can't field well enough to get 550 ABs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIJJMa3y0ek&feature=related

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he plays in 85 games

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

HANK:  You seem strangely familiar with and invested in an exchange that happened between Moon and some "former poster Softlaw" Wink... especially for an exchange that predated your board participation by almost a year.  Just saying.

...and if "hank" pretends he was there but just reading and not posting, we know that can't be true. Hank always has a word to say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Remember, the 'stros play indoors and can set the AC at 65 if Jed wants them to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I predict Jed makes the RS sorry they traded him away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

I predict he's rehabbing in minors by end of year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyLegend. Show DeweyLegend's posts

102 games   440 AB / .272 / .341 / .428 / 26 doubles / 9 HR  55 RBI 

he will go down fouling a ball off his leg ....  he will jam a wrist or shoulder sliding into a base ....  and pop a hemrhoid dropping a duece 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Jed is already injured, he threw his shoulder out answering his cell phone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

The most asked question on Astros' message boards is, which cap will Jed wear in Cooperstown?

But seriously, Jed didn't field like he did in '08 - '10  so he had to go.

Newbies won't know the infamous "former" poster softlaw. I man enough to bring up that I was wrong and he was right about one aspect of the debate.

Jed should have been traded after 2010.  I would contend he would have netted much more than we got now.  I'd say it may have taken a 3-team deal (b/c at the time obvious matches were not found) but a RH-OF AAA top prospect could have been had.

The same posters who are dumping on Jed now, will be screaming if age catches up with the 36 yo Scutaro.  He is a gamer and he gave Ben no option with his strong finish.  Marco has had many injuries and it should surprise nobody if he can't perform through the next one.  Just like Cameron, Lowell, .....

Jed is lucky to get a shot at SS in 2012.  From the Houston GM's perspective bullpen is not vital when you lost 100 games or so.  He will hope a Kevin Long style batting coach LHH revamp (less Griffey more Pete Rose style) will return the minors/college form when Jed was better as a leftie than rightie (pre non-displaced fracture).  His range is bad but if he hits at least respectably LH and rediscovers the sure handed play 2008-2010 (2 errors at SS 98 games), he provides good value. Worst case he is a platoon 2B or 3B/uif.

errors at SS:
    '08 - '10      2   in 98 games
    2011          10 in 49 games

I predict 28 yo JL will outhit 36 yo Scutaro and play more games.

PS:

I was right and he was wrong about: Cameron in CF, Hall, Patterson, Lugo, Beckett, edit I forgot Teixeira "superstar profile".....

Sections
Shortcuts