***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Re: ***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread***

On the DL more than he plays. End of story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I'm still trying to figure out how he is injury prone. Yes he had the wrist issue one year and mono the next but mono is not an injury but a disease.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: ***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread***:
    [QUOTE]I'm still trying to figure out how he is injury prone. Yes he had the wrist issue one year and mono the next but mono is not an injury but a disease.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Its like ellsbury is injury prone.  You have to be a certain breed of sox fan to understand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I'm still trying to figure out how he is injury prone. Yes he had the wrist issue one year and mono the next but mono is not an injury but a disease.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Jim, you're leaving out the shoulder 'weakness' that sidelined him for almost two months last year and reportedly bothered him most of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]For the Bonus Round correctly predict:   - Lowrie's first Houston injury   July 21st: Herpes outbreak. - his Houston nickname at the start of the season Jey-Low - nickname at the end of the season Jed Clampett - most common misspelling of his name on Houston discussion board Lowerie
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

LOL ... but true ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He plays all 162 games, breaks Ted's .406 record, breaks the Clipper's hitting streak, ends up with about 250 hits, pounds 74 HR, with 235 RBI and wins the triple crown along with the MVP. He also gets seven number one votes for the Cy Young. He's the most interesting player in the world! Meanwhile, the BDC forum explodes with posts about how stupid it was to trade a guy with his kind of talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I was right and he was wrong about: Cameron in CF, Hall, Patterson, Lugo, Beckett,.....

Cameron was injured in 2010, as was Ellsbury. In 2011, Cameron was the better option to play regularly via rotating v. LP platoon for all 3 left feet OF, including Ellsbury. Cameron was asked to play rarely, a role he had never played as an OFer in his life. Epstien went 2 years on Cameron, when market was only 1 year. Then, tried to bring him back as a back bencher.

Hall was outstanding at nearly zero cost as a Utility player in 2010. Even pitched a shut out inning. You were wrong that fragile Lowrie was a better option for UIF slot for 2011. As it turned out, Hall received a deal that was more than the 2 year 1.5M base I suggested to be UIF on a team weak in overall team RH pop v. LP, so he correctly took his overpay to be a starter when he was at a career stage where his skills and value were only UIF. 

Lowrie should have been traded last spring, as I said, but Inepstein kept him off the table. 

Beckett was a disaster in 2010 and I said not to extend him prior to 2010 season, as his price would surely decline for shorter and/or cheaper base extension at end of 2010 season.

Patterson was an easy 2010 bench retention if Lowrie was parked in AAA for a matter of days. I never advocated starting or retaining Patterson beyond 2010.

Lugo contract write off of nearly 2 years was a mistake, as well. I stated repeatedly that Lugo was InEsptein's overpay on career year. But, for 36 million, Lugo was a much better bench option for remainder of season he was DFA, than gifting starting slot to Lowrie that final season as Lowrie proved incapable yet again. I advocated retaining Lugo for that final season, then writing off his contract that winter if he would not net any trade value.

Note: Lugo was the wire to wire starting SS for 2007 title team. No  player does that who did not do his job well enough to merit respect for a 2007 job well done. Lugo was disdained in Boston, for the same reasons Lowrie was poplular. Unrleated to total production merit, on all skill sets.  

Ellsbury should be traded this winter, in what amounts to a one winter windfall. If the Padres would have taken him and a 2nd tier pitcher prospect and allowed the Red Sox to retain Kelly, nothing about 2011 changes my mind about dealing Ellsbury last winter. But, come on folks, Crawford is on the books to stay, and Ellsbury career year in front of Pedroia return to form 2011 year and Agon is about as obvious a trade time as one can be. Totally incompetent not to deal Ellsbury this winter to address team needs for star young Rh Ofer and 2nd tier starter. Ellsbury at 8 to 10M for 2 years is affordable for every single market except maybe KC, and allows the small markets to sell him for one and half years and deal him to 2013 contender, allows middle market and big market teams to extend him or have inside negotiation track to sign him to a FA contract.

If Cherrington lacks the insight and fortitude to deal Ellsbury this winter, that will be his first major Gm blunder of his short tenure to date.  

Lowrie is a head case, as is Ellsbury. They are the antithesis of Pedroia and Youk. Ask Mike McCarthy how to identify leaders, and when to ship out headcases, regardless of talent or cost.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Before you start.......yawn.......nevermind... In response to "Re: ***Official Jed Lowrie 2012 Prediction Thread***": [QUOTE]I was right and he was wrong about: Cameron in CF, Hall, Patterson, Lugo, Beckett,..... Cameron was injured in 2010, as was Ellsbury. In 2011, Cameron was the better option to play regularly via rotating v. LP platoon for all 3 left feet OF, including Ellsbury. Cameron was asked to play rarely, a role he had never played as an OFer in his life. Epstien went 2 years on Cameron, when market was only 1 year. Then, tried to bring him back as a back bencher. Hall was outstanding at nearly zero cost as a Utility player in 2010. Even pitched a shut out inning. You were wrong that fragile Lowrie was a better option for UIF slot for 2011. As it turned out, Hall received a deal that was more than the 2 year 1.5M base I suggested to be UIF on a team weak in overall team RH pop v. LP, so he correctly took his overpay to be a starter when he was at a career stage where his skills and value were only UIF.  Lowrie should have been traded last spring, as I said, but Inepstein kept him off the table.  Beckett was a disaster in 2010 and I said not to extend him prior to 2010 season, as his price would surely decline for shorter and/or cheaper base extension at end of 2010 season. Patterson was an easy 2010 bench retention if Lowrie was parked in AAA for a matter of days. I never advocated starting or retaining Patterson beyond 2010. Lugo contract write off of nearly 2 years was a mistake, as well. I stated repeatedly that Lugo was InEsptein's overpay on career year. But, for 36 million, Lugo was a much better bench option for remainder of season he was DFA, than gifting starting slot to Lowrie that final season as Lowrie proved incapable yet again. I advocated retaining Lugo for that final season, then writing off his contract that winter if he would not net any trade value. Note: Lugo was the wire to wire starting SS for 2007 title team. No  player does that who did not do his job well enough to merit respect for a 2007 job well done. Lugo was disdained in Boston, for the same reasons Lowrie was poplular. Unrleated to total production merit, on all skill sets.   Ellsbury should be traded this winter, in what amounts to a one winter windfall. If the Padres would have taken him and a 2nd tier pitcher prospect and allowed the Red Sox to retain Kelly, nothing about 2011 changes my mind about dealing Ellsbury last winter. But, come on folks, Crawford is on the books to stay, and Ellsbury career year in front of Pedroia return to form 2011 year and Agon is about as obvious a trade time as one can be. Totally incompetent not to deal Ellsbury this winter to address team needs for star young Rh Ofer and 2nd tier starter. Ellsbury at 8 to 10M for 2 years is affordable for every single market except maybe KC, and allows the small markets to sell him for one and half years and deal him to 2013 contender, allows middle market and big market teams to extend him or have inside negotiation track to sign him to a FA contract. If Cherrington lacks the insight and fortitude to deal Ellsbury this winter, that will be his first major Gm blunder of his short tenure to date.   Lowrie is a head case, as is Ellsbury. They are the antithesis of Pedroia and Youk. Ask Mike McCarthy how to identify leaders, and when to ship out headcases, regardless of talent or cost. Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Hank Williams Sr.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Pike, photoshop the letters on the mic to say "BDC", and that picture will be perfect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

As bad as the Astros are, Lowrie will probably feel like the life has been sucked out of him the minute he walks into their clubhouse. 

This may be true but he won't believe the ultra spacious clubhouse he'll have a locker in as compared to the tiny, squeezed in, shoebox space he had in old Fenway.     He'll actually be able to tie his shoes without getting bumped and shoved by somebody.                                  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I'll go out on a limb here and predict Jed plays in more games than Youk in 2012.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He gets hurt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Please submit your predictions for Lowrie's 2012 line: 
    AB / AVG / OBP / SLG / #2B'S / #HR / #Injuries.

320/ .267/ .338/ .385/ 25/ 12/ 1 time DL, frequent rest
    For the Bonus Round correctly predict:
    - Lowrie's first Houston injury
    - his Houston nickname at the start of the season 
    - nickname at the end of the season
    - most common misspelling of his name on Houston discussion board

I hope he doesn't get any injuries even though that's hopeless.
    J-Low
    Jed Lawrie

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

He says his knee hurts to stand on it for long periods of time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Love Jed Lowrie.  Jed came up through and played on our Towne Team, but not sure why we have thread on this Forum predicting what Jed might do with the Astros next Season and thereafter.  Just glad we do not have such predictions for all the players dealt in the past!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Jed came up through and played on our Towne Team

Wastefield came through for T-Ball Bears. Your point?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]Love Jed Lowrie.  Jed came up through and played on our Towne Team, but not sure why we have thread on this Forum predicting what Jed might do with the Astros next Season and thereafter.  Just glad we do not have such predictions for all the players dealt in the past!
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]
    RGM - The reason is listed in the first paragraph of the original post.  Basically, he was discussed on this board ad naseum ... far out of proportion to his modest role on the team.  Giving him just one more thread now that he ISN'T EVEN ON THE TEAM?  Well, that just seemed like a fitting good bye given his track record on this forum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]Jed came up through and played on our Towne Team Wastefield came through for T-Ball Bears. Your point?
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]
    Hank: I agree Tim WAKEfield is similar to Jed in that he has been a forum obsession that far exceeds rational thought given his modest role on the team.  This obsession is mostly due to some poster named Softlaw ... wonder whatever happened to him?  Anywho, it remains unclear what his fate may be so you will have to wait for your WAKEfield thread or perhaps even start your own.  

In the future, please use common discussion board courtesy and don't derail my threads.  Thank you.