Offseason Hunches

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Offseason Hunches

RS sign Cano, and move Pedroia to his natural position at SS. As a secondary item, would add insult to injury.

Other possibilities:

Girardi quits to manage Cubs.

Cashman is finally shown the door.

NYY blow up team.

Granderson signs with NYM.

If not the RS, Cano signs with one of the LA teams

Drew signs with NYY.

RS attempt to coax Rivera out of retirement to be a setup man.

Jeter retires.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Offseason Hunches

ARod gets suspension reduced to 100 games, yet his team of 50 or so lawyers takes it to the Supreme Court; and wins on an anal technicality.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Pedey is one of the best second baseman in the game, I don't think they move him for Cano. Sox probably are not going to spend a lot of money on outside free agents with long-term contracts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Pedey is one of the best second baseman in the game, I don't think they move him for Cano. Sox probably are not going to spend a lot of money on outside free agents with long-term contracts.

pretty sure he's joking

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Can Cano play 1B? LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If Cano ever leaves the Yankees at the same time Drew, Ellsbury, McCann and Salty all signs with a new or old team other than the yankees, I can not foresee that the Yankees will ever have a good team again within four to five years from now!!

Yankees need Cano's bat badly more than anyone on the roster!

That is why I do pray that no soon to be Boston's F/A's doesnt go to the Yankees as well Cano walks away from the organization!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

For 10 years,  $300 million...  I would'nt want him.

He's in Dodger Blue next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

pretty sure he's joking

Despite the lack of hustle, Cano may be the most gifted defensive 2nd baseman in history

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

pretty sure he's joking

Despite the lack of hustle, Cano may be the most gifted defensive 2nd baseman in history

Assuming you are not joking, I'd take Pedroia over Cano defensively any day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

pretty sure he's joking

Then u have partisan issues. Admittedly, Pedroia is great and hustles every minute. But he's not Cano. The only other ones in the conversation are Mazeroski, Morgan, R. Alomar, Trillo, White, Phillips, & Sandberg.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

pretty sure he's joking

Then u have partisan issues. Admittedly, Pedroia is great and hustles every minute. But he's not Cano. The only ones in the conversation are Mazeroski, Morgan, R. Alomar, Trillo,  & Sandberg

Not me. You. Pedroia has a defensive WAR of 2.4 this year. Cano, 1.3. In 8 seasons Pedroia's dWar is 10.9; in 9 seasons Cano has a dWAR of 6.4. Its not even close. Do you have any statistics that prove YOUR point?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

pretty sure he's joking

Then u have partisan issues. Admittedly, Pedroia is great and hustles every minute. But he's not Cano. The only ones in the conversation are Mazeroski, Morgan, R. Alomar, Trillo,  & Sandberg

Not me. You. Pedroia has a defensive WAR of 2.4 this year. Cano, 1.3. In 8 seasons Pedroia's dWar is 10.9; in 9 seasons Cano has a dWAR of 6.4. Its not even close. Do you have any statistics that prove YOUR point?

We'll just disagree then. And I'm not a DWAR guy. Perhaps, if U factor in the hustle, the comparison is closer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

pretty sure he's joking

We'll just disagree then. And I'm not a DWAR guy. Perhaps, if U factor in the hustle, the comparison is closer.

Its not even close. Pedroia is better, and thats backed up by statistics. You can have your opinion but unless you can back it up somehow (besides just saying so) IMO it makes it less valid. I do agree that Cano is a good defensive 2B, a smooth defender who makes difficult plays look easy. But he is just not as good as Pedroia. And that has nothing to do with being partisan. Its backed up by comparing dWAR both this year and for their careers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Can Cano play 1B? LOL

Or catcher in case Salty signs with another team?!?   LOL   Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

RS sign Cano, and move Pedroia to his natural position at SS. As a secondary item, would add insult to injury.

Other possibilities:

Girardi quits to manage Cubs.

Cashman is finally shown the door.

NYY blow up team.

Granderson signs with NYM.

If not the RS, Cano signs with one of the LA teams

Drew signs with NYY.

RS attempt to coax Rivera out of retirement to be a setup man.

Jeter retires.

Watching Rivera maintain his brilliance into his mid-40s has been a treat.  And to return to nearly top form after a year out injured would be astonishing from anyone else.

I feel sorry for Jeter and baseball if this is the end for him literally or as an elite player.  Not a good way to bow out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

pretty sure he's joking

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that whole "hustle" thing is overrated anyway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

pretty sure he's joking

Then u have partisan issues. Admittedly, Pedroia is great and hustles every minute. But he's not Cano. The only other ones in the conversation are Mazeroski, Morgan, R. Alomar, Trillo, White, Phillips, & Sandberg.

It's funny to see you call someone partisan after you say Cano is better defensively than pedey. Only people who draw that line are Yankee homers. Pedey has set the errorless streak at second base twice.Even if you had cano and pedey on the same team only one of them should be your second baseman and I'll give you a hint, it isn't cano. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I won't argue who is better Pedey or Cano...because Intangibles make a difference to me, but if Cano gets the 10 year 305MM deal he is supposedly looking for I would be completely shocked..especially now that Boras isnt his Agent. It just seems to me that even for the Yankees, you can spend 30MM per year alot more wisely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

pretty sure he's joking

It's funny to see you call someone partisan after you say Cano is better defensively than pedey. Only people who draw that line are Yankee homers. Pedey has set the errorless streak at second base twice.Even if you had cano and pedey on the same team only one of them should be your second baseman and I'll give you a hint, it isn't cano. 

I apologize for stating someone had partisan issues; I just should have said I disagreed. But for the most part, IMO I'm really not a NYY homer, and I don't even like the way Cano plays, despite his talent.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I will tell you this.  All can argue who's better 2B and there won't be a clear answer.  But after Cano signs his next contract, our beloved Pedey will be far more valuable 2B than Cano!  Cano will never sign a contact like Pedey's for his home team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Up and comer is Carpenter for the Cards. Love the way he swings. He'll be in the conversation for MVP in the NL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Barney of ChC can pick it as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

that's not being partisan

that's being ridiculously partisan

both plus defenders

nobody can throw like cano

to those of us who aren't buy them defensive super stats yet

pedey just looks better because he's a bit of a hotdog

I mean does he ever not dive / one knee a ball

he has than unfair advantage

of being short / closer to the ground

with them ex long arms he never has to bend down for a ball ;-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

that's not being partisan

that's being ridiculously partisan

both plus defenders

nobody can throw like cano

to those of us who aren't buy them defensive super stats yet

pedey just looks better because he's a bit of a hotdog

I mean does he ever not dive / one knee a ball

he has than unfair advantage

of being short / closer to the ground

with them ex long arms he never has to bend down for a ball ;-)

And you can't have him next year.