Oh BTW, don't hold your breath waiting to see "BIG PAPI" on the field.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Oh BTW, don't hold your breath waiting to see

that certainly doesn't improve ship morale...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Now I know why Bill didn't qote any articles today...

David Ortiz making progress toward a game
    Permalink|Comments (0) Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff March 5, 2013 04:56 PM   

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

FORT MYERS, Fla. — David Ortiz is making progress toward getting into a game.

A day after Big Papi ran the bases, he was back on the field today. The session was less intense and shorter than Monday's but was nonetheless a good sign, according to John Farrell.

“The soreness following those intense base-running sessions is less today than it was three days ago," said the Red Sox manager. "So he’s making steady progress."

Farrell said he is hopeful that Ortiz will get in a game by the end of the week.

“We’ll determine what the next steps are," said Farrell. "We’re only in Tuesday of this week. We’re going to work off David’s response to the work sessions. The fact that he’s able to get back on the base paths today and feel pretty good about himself before going into it is a pretty good sign.”

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I'm hoping Ortiz will "get into a game" when the season opens, much less spring training.

Shut up...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

I'm hoping Ortiz will "get into a game" when the season opens, much less spring training.

Shut up...

I see in todays Baseball notes,  "not much activity expected today for the BIG GUY" !!!!

What "basebll Notes" would those be?

I'd like to read them, if you don't mind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Shut up...

Mr. thick skin happy face spreading joy and roses wherever he posts. :)

Big hypocrite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Shut up...

Mr. Laconic speech.

In your spare time maybe a lesson in diplomacy for zac and nhsteven.

Share your secrets of life and longevity how to beat stress the silent killer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Shut up...

I see in todays Baseball notes,  "not much activity expected today for the BIG GUY" !!!!

Never mind, Bill.

I found it. Thanks anyway....

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/03/07/david-ortiz-after-running-i-dont-think-i-can-play-like-that/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Shut up...

that's how it works bill......you run, you rest. you run, you rest. and so on....moniter the stiffness of the achilles and adapt your workout.

too much too soon, your wish will come true and he will be out for months. Luckily there are no BILL-806s in control of his rehab or we would already have footage of him lying on the ground clutching his ankle because some bonehead had him sprinting in feburary...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

No one in sports broadcasting who works in the day time or morning, thought the two year deal was a good idea.

Cherington really messed up on this one.  But according to some, last year was good enough to bring him back for two, even though he missed 71 games.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

No one in sports broadcasting who works in the day time or morning, thought the two year deal was a good idea.

Cherington really messed up on this one.  But according to some, last year was good enough to bring him back for two, even though he missed 71 games.

Who cares what a bunch of media guys think...Theyre just trying to stir things up in the hopes that lemmings like you and Bill will follow. It wasnt 100% a "value" contract because all the same media people knew this was his golden parachute contract...

It was also for business reasons while trying to change the culture of the clubhouse. PR move if you will. Sorry guys, but there is a big business side to baseball. Its not just about the game, like it or not. Big Papi is the face of this team whether you agree or not. Hes loved by millions in RSN and giving him a 2yr deal so he can retire in Boston and be a part of changing things back was important.

Besides, ask yourself this...Is 13M x 2 going to handcuff this team? answer: not at all...They still have 12-15M to spend this year and have only 88M committed for 2014...I think they'll survive...

Im sure they were very aware of the extent of his injury. A lot more than any armchair doctor here is without a doubt. They knew the risks with his age and type of injury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

We should offer Oritiz a 5 year extension... $20 million a year. He is awesome!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

We should offer Oritiz a 5 year extension... $20 million a year. He is awesome!

Good one Burrito, very clever.  Well, not really.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I have been away (just got back from MEXICO) whats all this talk about BOTH HEELS  ?????

Looks like you're still away....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Let's look at this.  For the previous 2-3 years, RS management offered Ortiz one year contracts because they were concerned that age and health my be an issue. his

Then once he's a year older and health IS an issue, they give him a TWO year deal.

Brilliant!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

Let's look at this.  For the previous 2-3 years, RS management offered Ortiz one year contracts because they were concerned that age and health my be an issue. his

Then once he's a year older and health IS an issue, they give him a TWO year deal.

Brilliant!

+++++ 1,000

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

Brilliant!

different circumstances though.... the other years we were in a different position. lots of star power and not a ton of money to work with when all was said and done.

coming into this offseason where we had money to burn and virtually no star power and no power hitters It made sense to hook papi up. If any player deserved a gimme contract (even thought that is not what it was) it's papi. People are already writing it off like he won't be on the field for the 2 years... It's a long season and from a business standpoint just having him on the roster and retiring a red sox will make back that money spent on him and then some.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts