Oh BTW, don't hold your breath waiting to see "BIG PAPI" on the field.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Oh BTW, don't hold your breath waiting to see

In response to KRomine's comment:

Let's look at this.  For the previous 2-3 years, RS management offered Ortiz one year contracts because they were concerned that age and health my be an issue. his

Then once he's a year older and health IS an issue, they give him a TWO year deal.

Brilliant!

+++++ 1,000

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

Let's look at this.  For the previous 2-3 years, RS management offered Ortiz one year contracts because they were concerned that age and health my be an issue. his

Then once he's a year older and health IS an issue, they give him a TWO year deal.

Brilliant!

different circumstances though.... the other years we were in a different position. lots of star power and not a ton of money to work with when all was said and done.

coming into this offseason where we had money to burn and virtually no star power and no power hitters It made sense to hook papi up. If any player deserved a gimme contract (even thought that is not what it was) it's papi. People are already writing it off like he won't be on the field for the 2 years... It's a long season and from a business standpoint just having him on the roster and retiring a red sox will make back that money spent on him and then some.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Has anyone seen "PAPI"  ?????????  Need some "super glue" on that HEEL !!   OK both HEELS  !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Has anyone seen "PAPI"  ?????????  Need some "super glue" on that HEEL !!   OK both HEELS  !!!

Seriously Bill? How long are you going to keep bumping this thread?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Thanks Carnie,   Probably till 4/1 just to see "if he walks thru that door"  !!!! Kind of SAD that the Sox gave a 2 year contract and obviously didn't know if he could answer the bell !!!  Ya think ????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Thanks Carnie,   Probably till 4/1 just to see "if he walks thru that door"  !!!! Kind of SAD that the Sox gave a 2 year contract and obviously didn't know if he could answer the bell !!!  Ya think ????

Lifetime services for the greatest postseason hitter in Red Sox history not named Manny.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Lifetime services for the greatest postseason hitter in Red Sox history not named Manny.

I certainly can agree with that...... I just wish that they had did that last September at season end.....  To think that they thought that the "heel" would respond is right out of "OBAMA-CARE"  !!!

Oh good.........another thread that you found of yours to bump from March 11'th.....  Speaking of March 11th...isn't that near when you got banned??  Maybe that will happen again...that was great!!

OH yeah.....remember when you came back from your suspension you said you would keep it JUST WITH BASEBALL??  So looks like you lied.....  What a shocker.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I certainly can agree with that...... I just wish that they had did that last September at season end.....  To think that they thought that the "heel" would respond is right out of "OBAMA-CARE"  !!!

Oh good.........another thread that you found of yours to bump from March 11'th.....  Speaking of March 11th...isn't that near when you got banned??  Maybe that will happen again...that was great!!

OH yeah.....remember when you came back from your suspension you said you would keep it JUST WITH BASEBALL??  So looks like you lied.....  What a shocker.....

Sorry, but I think that you are missing my point .......   "PAPI" is one of the last full time  D H's and we went into spring training without a clue to his ability to get on to the field......  Pure baseball !!!   Howevaa, someone needs to be held responsible for this roster blunder !!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Thanks Carnie,   Probably till 4/1 just to see "if he walks thru that door"  !!!! 

Don't worry Bill, I will help you out and bump this thread frequently during the season ... every time Papi hits a HR.

PS - The season does not END 4/1 ... that's just when it STARTS.  Oh sorry let me translate that for you:

HOWEVAAA, AS DAD WOULD SAY, THE SEASON DOESN'T END ON 4/1 ... THAT'S JUST WHEN IT STARTS !!! YA THINK PAPI WILL HIT SOME DINGAAAS IN THE 161 GAMES AFTER APRIL 1ST? BINGO THAT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Sorry, but I think that you are missing my point .......   "PAPI" is one of the last full time  D H's and we went into spring training without a clue to his ability to get on to the field......  Pure baseball !!!   Howevaa, someone needs to be held responsible for this roster blunder !!!

Someone needs to be blamed is what you really mean.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

What happened to Big Papi? Is he ok?

I heard that the Drug Store in the DOMINICAN with the SODA fountain and the "SPECIAL MILK SHAKES" CLOSED DOWN !!  aND THE REST "IS HISTORY"  !!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

HAHAHA!!!!!  NICE FIND!!!!  Hey slick Willy....If you're wondering why people think you have some serious issues take a gander at all of your posts on this thread..  d u f u s!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Congrats to the "board historian"......  B P last night @ FEnway Paaaak .......  Congrats to "BIG PAPI" on his 2,000th hit & 2 H R's.........  John Lakey must be wondering !!!    Now, it's on to N Y..... Should be a great series !!!   GO SOX & BIG PAPI too !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

the papi showed the clowns what it's all about